or Connect

Posts by allin

I want to add a bit. Those that argue that the rules shouldn't change because it has been this way for x years and those who argue that because it wasn't done that way in the past are employing an argument that in formal debate, are call appeals to tradition, a logical fallacy. I just find it amusing that both sides of this conversation employ a logically flawed argument, and neither side recognizes it.
Equipment makers resist any rule which limits their ability to innovate and market their stuff, pros resist any rule which they feel impacts players potential earnings, especially players already on tour. Their claims that they have the best interests on the game in mind is just lipstick on a pig, self serving bs. The justification that it has been to long is equally bs. Correcting an error, even belatedly is the right thing to do. Anchoring the putter is contrary to the...
I do believe the number of courses built as real estate development amenity first, good golf course about priority 12 has resulted in many courses which are designed with length as the primary challenge. Because distances between tees are lengthened, to maximize lots, routing is similarly compromised. The resulting courses are very expensive to build and maintain, take to long to play and are boring. Why would I choose to regularly play a course that is boring, over...
I think the impact on recreational golfers will be minimal, they don't practice enough to be that consistent with any putter. Some pros and avid amateurs will struggle. I think my putting technique, I set up slightly open with my right elbow firm against my right hip acting as a pivot point remains legal. My hands and the putter grip do not touch my body. Mainly this compensates for the fact my left eye is pretty non functional. I averaged 1.83 putts per gir this...
Yes, I was a social worker for many years. I have almost worked in the private sector and owned a food and beverage business. I have degrees in business and social work. It is interesting that you are insinuating I am biased. You might consider that I have education and experience supporting my stance. You are the one who is ignorant and biased. You don't care about the truth. I am done. You can choose to educate yourself if you wish.
Disagreement is different than unsubstantiated assertions. Just because you state that many people feel that way doesn't make it so. Research on societal attitudes does not support your statement. Research shows people have higher expectations of their employyers then in the past concerning what constitutes good treatment. As far as expectations of employment stability, people expect to have to change jobs more often than in the past. Research has shown almost no...
Your blanket statement that many people think they are entitled to a job, you specified the public sector, is emblematic of an intolerant statement based on prejudice, assumption, resentment, ignorance. This is the classic way code words are used. Any real research would prove that the statement you made has no basis in fact. If anything statements, such as those made by Romney demonstrate, at least for him, a huge sense of entitlment. Capitalism is not a religion. It...
Actually the failure of wealthy people and large business concerns to reinvest after their increased in retained profits, and the reduced infrastructure investment effects on long term growth are 2 of the top 6 causes for the current economic climate. APPLE for example is sitting on over 2 billion, 1/2 in Europe. And of course everyone is entitled to the pursuit of happiness, having a job is part of that opportunity. If you cannot find a job, then you are basically denied...
The real problem is both parties pursue votes by appealing to their respective prejudices. Facts are distorted or chosen selectively. 1. 47 ‰, this is not a static group. Farmers in a bad year may be in it, but not the next. Students also. This is code for poor or minorities. If you assume that poor choose poverty and not to work at a decent job you need to try it. Yeah a minimum wage job with no medical and you have to pay daycare might not be worth it. Fact real...
It's difficult to declare either side a clear favorite. A lot has been made of the course being set up with wide fairways and modest rough. The European players play in the USA extensively and there are more American style courses on the European tour than in the past. This is not the 1960's European player. Talent is comparable. Crowd support helps feed momentum but I feel increases the pressure if things aren't going well. It will probably come down to who has the...