or Connect

Posts by tartanjack

I have ten, although I normally rotate through about four of them. Three are Etonics which I find especially comfortable. I have a couple older pairs of addidas, although the Tour 360 Tour II's I picked up this year are my current favorite. I also have a couple pairs of FootJoy Classics I've never bothered to break in and two pairs of eComfort Footjoys which I think are one of the better bargains out there. The eComforts are certainly the most comfortable shoes I have,...
Actually CG031... I haven't played the track, but I've heard it's reputation. It's a tough course and breaking 100 was a good round. Congratulations... even though I'm sure the number stings. Good you bounced back with a better number so quickly.
Wow. Did you pick the wrong forum to post such idiocy. You are what's killing golf in this country. Re-read your post. Does it not ooze selfishness? Why yes, it does. Congratulations. You are the protypical American golfer on public courses. I am thrilled you have posted your opinion because you are exactly the bane of all other golfers, golf course owners, and golf as a sport.Golf and golf courses are dying because most people aren't as lucky as you to have the time to...
I've been in the media biz for a long, long time. Mostly video. Given what I know about visuals, I think these pics are remarkable. Erik... I know you weren't fishing for praise. But you really, really did well here. Starting with the technical quality... you nailed it. Unbelievable color rendition and sharpness. Many of the photos are exemplary teaching examples. To be honest, thesandtrap.com has some of the best file pictures of the Memorial that exist. Good job. No....
Winder/Scott: It is insignificant. Here's what Frank Thomas, former USGA Technical Director, has to say: "Originally, the USGA proposed a standard on MOI of 4,800 gm. cm ² (see http://www.franklygolf.com/Speak/moi.asp for a simple explanation of MOI), but soon modified this after the manufacturers suggested that it was inappropriate. The USGA explained its quick change of mind by saying that it was based on input from the manufacturers, and that going from 4,800 gm....
Any answer would be purely a guess. There are too many factors and differences between the Burner and Sumo2 to rely on loft alone as a comparative measure of potential differences. My advice is demo both lofts and see what you get. Or get to a launch monitor and see what's going on.
Timely thread. After 3 weeks with the SuperQuad, I today traded it for a 9.5 Burner, stiff. Played with a demo yesterday on my home course and was flying it past where the Quad and another un-named driver had finished up. The longer, lighter shaft requires less of a hit and more of a swing. For me, that's good. Plus the sound is much more solid than the Cobras and world's better than the ridiculous sound the Sumo's make. I think the Burner is going to turn out to be the...
Cool. And given your sig with Bubba in it, you gotta play Architects. It is a bomber's paradise. But you sure have to hit some good irons and putt like you mean it.
I think I heard one commentator say that the lush conditions were the result of new grass. I can't imagine what that is supposed to mean except maybe that it's too young to roll or mow as closely as they would like. Still, from watching the event this week, I would have to say their multi-million dollar re-do to get firm and fast was pretty much a failure.
This thread is very sad for me. I started playing golf before Palmer. For me, the idol was Hogan. And that only because I wasn't alive for Byron Nelson's career. I've watched and played and written about this game for nearly half a century. So here's what I think: Those here who acknowledge Arnold Palmer are right on the money. Whomever made up this poll is so ignorant or misinformed or, worse yet, young and unknowning, that I can't bear to vote. How could one possibly...