or Connect

Posts by Awsi Dooger

Nothing new. Ohio is a swing state and Jack always publicly endorses the Republican nominee. And it's front and center at high profile events. I respect him for it even though I'm on the other side.   There are countless pros who make snide disgusting comments behind the scenes, according to golf reporters, but seldom if ever are willing to state them for the record. Tom Lehman comes to mind.
Van de Velde got the worst break in modern sports history on his second shot. Otherwise he can chump it around and still win.   Only because Mike Tirico and Curtis Strange described the series of shots so ineptly on ABC, and never remotely began to hint at the odds against that second shot ricocheting off the grandstand rail and bounding back in front of the bern into heavy rough, is Van de Velde's collapse remembered as idiocy instead of incomparable bad...
The version with the late comma. Definitely a slight pause. My impression was identical to others who posted earlier in the thread, that the comment probably didn't have anything to do with Michelle Wie. The person making the rant was startled upon realizing they were back on the air...instinctively used Michelle's name since she happened to be on camera, then realized the situation was hopeless and shut up.   I still can't place the voice. Doesn't sound anything like...
I've listened to the original broadcast many times, which is less tinny than the YouTube versions. It certainly doesn't sound like Jane Crafter. More of a man's voice. And Crafter didn't seem even slightly embarrassed or hesitant for the remainder of the broadcast.   Definitely a hint of a foreign accent, particularly when saying the name, "Michelle." I thought it was Tom Abbott initially. But during his apology 15 minutes later Abbott seemed to distance himself from it,...
Uh, not exactly. This was an absolute silver platter for Tim Finchem. It's been quite hilarious to sample various sites, with proponents of slow play penalization positively giddy at the LPGA incident. Classic case of no clue what you're looking at, situational impact flying over heads like Tiger's yanked second shot at Wells Fargo a few weeks ago.   The LPGA incident remarkably combined four aspects that the PGA wants no part of, and manages to avoid with its quiet...
Yeah, I think they have limited availability in terms of exemptions. Particularly the PGA exemptions, which are invariably lower profile events. Take what you can get.   Kingsmill was a natural fit for the exemption to this Big Break. That event previously was very popular with the LPGA players, and the Kingsmill resort hosted the first ever all-female Big Break (III). The Kingsmill LPGA event was discontinued 5 or 6 years ago and it was a big surprise when a revived...
The barefoot girl was Cirbie Sheppard, first eliminated at Ka'anapali, which aired in 2008.   It was obvious from the outset that Cirbie was overmatched. She shanked one into the bushes in a challenge where the contestants had to hit two shots on a par 4, with the two worst results going to elimination. Others were 20 or 30 feet away while Cirbie was something like 150 yards. She didn't play terribly in the short game elimination challenge against Tina Miller but it was...
I noticed the same thing early in the week, that Tiger's hands at address seemed to be further from his legs than normal.
I'd love to wager the ball got stuck in a tree or debris.   The reports of spectators seeing the ball land are not convincing. I've read comments under the related articles on GolfChannel.com from people who were on the scene and heard everything. Apparently two people claimed the ball landed but one of them changed his story to fit Russell's question -- 'Did you see the ball come to rest?" -- then a third guy belatedly agreed with their version. The guy who wrote the...
Just twice. Carling Coffing received two exemptions. The first was a no-cut limited field event, the Lorena Ochoa Invitational. Carling finished last. But she made the cut weeks earlier in the LPGA CVS Pharmacy event. She got into that event via sponsors exemption, one that obviously would not have been granted minus her Big Break victory. Carling's second exemption was the Dubai Ladies Masters on the Ladies European Tour. Carling made the cut and was actually tied for...