or Connect

Posts by shortstop20

I would say a 10% difference in spin among the high end/top grade balls is a significant difference. 
Bubba is a pretty weird guy all around I think.   This wasn't surprising. 
The e6 is a great ball. I played them many times in the past. They spin less than a ProV1 which will help mid-high handicappers hit it straighter.    I play the ProV1x now that I've learned how to hit it straight pretty consistently. : )
The part where Kostis said Sergio is "shallower" seems like BS to me. He takes beaver pelts with 4 irons. Heck he took a thin divot with his Driver that day.   Flatter swing plane? Sure. I don't think they're necessarily related though.  Curious what our instructors here think though. 
Yes, I never realized how little my front foot was flared until I took those videos.    I started flaring it more yesterday and could notice a difference right away. 
I agree with what you guys have posted. Those things are on my radar.    This year my main focus has been to eliminate the arm run off in my swing.  I think I have achieved that with the irons and still have a little ways to go with the woods. I used to get my left arm severely bent at the top of the backswing. One day I'd shoot 81 and the next day I'd shoot 90. Hitting anything more than a 6 iron off the deck was a crap shoot at best. My consistency is much better this...
Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I have updated my progress on here. I should do so more often but I'm a bit of a procrastinator.    Anyways, I've been shooting low 80's all year with a crappy putter and finally last night the putter came alive and I fired a personal best 75 on a 6200 yard, 70.0/120 course.   So far this year my handicap has dropped from 11 to 9.4 and I'm thinking I can get down to 7 or 8 if the putter keeps working.   Here's a couple...
Hard to give help without video.    Could be a result of something you do in the backswing, transition, your setup, etc. 
 I remember reading a thread either here or on WRX a while back about a guy that had a dozen or so thoughts that he used every time he hit a shot and as you might imagine, he was playing like crap. To me, that's the textbook definition of "Paralysis by Analysis". I've seen/read about a few other instances like that too. I certainly wouldn't consider someone using a video camera and a single training aid as "Paralysis by Analysis". Now, if that person were dressed up like...
Absolutely.    I only use one swing thought at a time and I don't obsess over making my swing look a certain way. I worry about hitting the ball first and hitting it straight(relatively) first and foremost.    If I'm playing good my swing can look like Jim Furyk meets Allen Doyle for all I care.