or Connect

Posts by shortstop20

Hard to give help without video.    Could be a result of something you do in the backswing, transition, your setup, etc. 
 I remember reading a thread either here or on WRX a while back about a guy that had a dozen or so thoughts that he used every time he hit a shot and as you might imagine, he was playing like crap. To me, that's the textbook definition of "Paralysis by Analysis". I've seen/read about a few other instances like that too. I certainly wouldn't consider someone using a video camera and a single training aid as "Paralysis by Analysis". Now, if that person were dressed up like...
Absolutely.    I only use one swing thought at a time and I don't obsess over making my swing look a certain way. I worry about hitting the ball first and hitting it straight(relatively) first and foremost.    If I'm playing good my swing can look like Jim Furyk meets Allen Doyle for all I care. 
 I only tipped 10 euro at Ballybunion because the rate was 60 euro so I thought 70 euro total was plenty.  At Lahinch I didn't tip at all.....the rate was 40 euro I think? Let's just say I didn't get a very good caddy. I'm sure they're not all like he was though. The course is great though. 
They're used to it. Part of the job.
 Well no wonder the swng looks good! :)  Don't worry, there are plenty of people who play there with handicaps like that and have caddies. You don't have to be a Pro to have a caddy, it just makes the experience all the more enjoyable. All you have to do is hit the ball and look at the scenery and that's what it's all about! :)
Who was your playing partner Mac? Someone you know?
I played Ballybunion and Lahinch a month ago.    Playing Ballybunion with a Senior Caddy was the most enjoyable experience I have ever had on a golf course. Pure bliss. My caddie was very professional and helpful. The condition of the Old Course at Ballybunion was also top notch. I didn't get a bad roll on the greens all day. I am planning to go back to Ireland next summer and to play all of the courses you listed. Ireland is a golfer's paradise for sure. Lahinch was...
I played Ballybunion and Lahinch a month ago.   Here's a few photos of Ballybunion.                            I didn't get too many pictures of Lahinch. Here is one.   
I'd go for a hybrid.   Honestly, I have played with the idea of getting rid of my 60 degree and putting a 3 hyrid in my bag. I'm better with a 54 around the green unless I really have to hit a high and short shot which rarely comes up during a round.