or Connect

Posts by shortstop20

Yes, I never realized how little my front foot was flared until I took those videos.    I started flaring it more yesterday and could notice a difference right away. 
I agree with what you guys have posted. Those things are on my radar.    This year my main focus has been to eliminate the arm run off in my swing.  I think I have achieved that with the irons and still have a little ways to go with the woods. I used to get my left arm severely bent at the top of the backswing. One day I'd shoot 81 and the next day I'd shoot 90. Hitting anything more than a 6 iron off the deck was a crap shoot at best. My consistency is much better this...
Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I have updated my progress on here. I should do so more often but I'm a bit of a procrastinator.    Anyways, I've been shooting low 80's all year with a crappy putter and finally last night the putter came alive and I fired a personal best 75 on a 6200 yard, 70.0/120 course.   So far this year my handicap has dropped from 11 to 9.4 and I'm thinking I can get down to 7 or 8 if the putter keeps working.   Here's a couple...
Hard to give help without video.    Could be a result of something you do in the backswing, transition, your setup, etc. 
 I remember reading a thread either here or on WRX a while back about a guy that had a dozen or so thoughts that he used every time he hit a shot and as you might imagine, he was playing like crap. To me, that's the textbook definition of "Paralysis by Analysis". I've seen/read about a few other instances like that too. I certainly wouldn't consider someone using a video camera and a single training aid as "Paralysis by Analysis". Now, if that person were dressed up like...
Absolutely.    I only use one swing thought at a time and I don't obsess over making my swing look a certain way. I worry about hitting the ball first and hitting it straight(relatively) first and foremost.    If I'm playing good my swing can look like Jim Furyk meets Allen Doyle for all I care. 
 I only tipped 10 euro at Ballybunion because the rate was 60 euro so I thought 70 euro total was plenty.  At Lahinch I didn't tip at all.....the rate was 40 euro I think? Let's just say I didn't get a very good caddy. I'm sure they're not all like he was though. The course is great though. 
They're used to it. Part of the job.
 Well no wonder the swng looks good! :)  Don't worry, there are plenty of people who play there with handicaps like that and have caddies. You don't have to be a Pro to have a caddy, it just makes the experience all the more enjoyable. All you have to do is hit the ball and look at the scenery and that's what it's all about! :)
Who was your playing partner Mac? Someone you know?