or Connect

Posts by shortstop20

I only tipped 10 euro at Ballybunion because the rate was 60 euro so I thought 70 euro total was plenty.  At Lahinch I didn't tip at all.....the rate was 40 euro I think? Let's just say I didn't get a very good caddy. I'm sure they're not all like he was though. The course is great though. 
They're used to it. Part of the job.
 Well no wonder the swng looks good! :)  Don't worry, there are plenty of people who play there with handicaps like that and have caddies. You don't have to be a Pro to have a caddy, it just makes the experience all the more enjoyable. All you have to do is hit the ball and look at the scenery and that's what it's all about! :)
Who was your playing partner Mac? Someone you know?
I played Ballybunion and Lahinch a month ago.    Playing Ballybunion with a Senior Caddy was the most enjoyable experience I have ever had on a golf course. Pure bliss. My caddie was very professional and helpful. The condition of the Old Course at Ballybunion was also top notch. I didn't get a bad roll on the greens all day. I am planning to go back to Ireland next summer and to play all of the courses you listed. Ireland is a golfer's paradise for sure. Lahinch was...
I played Ballybunion and Lahinch a month ago.   Here's a few photos of Ballybunion.                            I didn't get too many pictures of Lahinch. Here is one.   
I'd go for a hybrid.   Honestly, I have played with the idea of getting rid of my 60 degree and putting a 3 hyrid in my bag. I'm better with a 54 around the green unless I really have to hit a high and short shot which rarely comes up during a round.
 Great point there. 
Sounds like they were hitting punch shots to keep them under the wind.    Taking a longer/less lofted club and swinging easier is the preferred way to hit the ball lower and keep it under the wind.    It's not really a "stock" shot, it's something they use for when the situation calls for it.    Practicing it could be useful though, just depends on the person, honestly. 
You need to get your path closer to square(less out-in).