or Connect

Posts by shortstop20

Not really interested. Time not spent playing 18 holes is better spent seeing the towns/cities, historical things, etc. Just my opinion. 
 We are indeed doing the Ring of Kerry.  What other courses did you play? Waterville and Tralee are both on my list of prospects.  I'm looking to play Links only.  I'm willing to to spend $200+ at two or three courses(at Ballybunion Old for instance). It's expensive but the experience is worth it to me. Any rounds other than that would need to be around $150 or less. I'm thinking I would get a caddie at Lahinch and Ballybunion to maximize the experience and my chances to...
I used to have this same problem and it was from a grip that was too weak(not enough grip pressure) and I had the grip too much in my palm. 
So I'm going to Ireland in May....I've been there once before in August of 2008, but I wasn't as big into golf then so I only played 9 holes while I was there.   This time I'm looking to play alot more. Lahinch and Ballybunion are for sure on my list. I'm looking to add one or two more. We will be there for 8 days but I'm the only golfer in the group so getting in more than 3-4 rounds is going to be hard and inconvenient for the others.    My two other top prospects...
  I wasn't trying to antagonize. Had I not bolded that portion of the post there would have been no way for you to know what part of your post I was confused about.    I'm a member on alot of forums, from general BS to golf to techie stuff to politics and it bothers the hell out of me when I have to go round and around with people and we waste time and keystrokes because the person doesn't make it clear what they're saying or what they're responding to. Not that I'm...
  Exactly! 
Wow, quite the pompous man, aren't you?If you would prefer, next time I will just assume what you mean instead of asking. I prefer to keep the discussion honest and free of assumptions though.
  I'm not sure what you mean by that. How much do you think Tiger moves his head? How about Ben Hogan?
  Then why is it called "keeping your head down"?   No, pro's don't keep their heads "perfectly still". The best players to ever play the game lowered their head several inches. 
I don't think lifting the head is as common as many tend to think. And I would say of those that do lift their head, most do it because of another fault, like OTT. I'm curious what the instructors here have to say about it.