or Connect

Posts by shortstop20

Yes, closed.   But quite common as well.
When teeing the ball lower you might be coming down steep and flipping.
If there is trouble on the left and I want to make sure I don't pull the ball, I will try to keep my right foot down longer in the downswing. I do the same for punch shots. Works for me.
You are likely hitting down on the ball excessively. I went from hitting some of the lowest drives my playing partners had ever seen to a much higher ball flight. I'm carrying the ball much further.
It probably wasn't in the picture but I am doing so now(more perpendicular).
  Thanks!   Here's some pictures I pulled off my phone real quick from a range session a couple weeks back. Right hand definitely looks stronger than what you are suggesting, no?    
When you don't shank it, what's your typical ball flight?
  mvmac,   As I mentioned earlier, I think my right hand grip may be too strong. It's definitely not in the spot you have shown in this picture. While I am really liking the feeling I'm getting from getting the grip more in the fingers of the left hand, I'm hitting some hooks again now. I had to purposely setup open last night and hit cuts because I was hooking everything when I tried to play my draw.    I'm going to go to the range tonight and experiment placing my right...
  Make an appt. to use a Trackman and see before you start fiddling with your swing.    Hitting down more may in fact REDUCE your distance. 
  Ditto!