or Connect

Posts by shortstop20

mvmac,   As I mentioned earlier, I think my right hand grip may be too strong. It's definitely not in the spot you have shown in this picture. While I am really liking the feeling I'm getting from getting the grip more in the fingers of the left hand, I'm hitting some hooks again now. I had to purposely setup open last night and hit cuts because I was hooking everything when I tried to play my draw.    I'm going to go to the range tonight and experiment placing my right...
  Make an appt. to use a Trackman and see before you start fiddling with your swing.    Hitting down more may in fact REDUCE your distance. 
  Ditto! 
A push is when the path is going in-out and the face matches the path.    You either need to shift the path left so you can hit a straight ball at the target or get the face closed(to the path) so you can hit a push-draw.   Check your ball position, it might have drifted too far back. Moving the ball up in your stance would decrease the in-out of your swing and may get rid of the pushes. 
I tried putting my grip more in the fingers today and definitely noticed a difference. More consistent draws with few over draws. Didn't hit any hooks. Thanks guys!!
It just seems like the grip would be pretty strong in that position but I will have to give it a try.
Didn't really want to post a picture from another golf forum but this is the best picture I could find.    Would this be what you would like to see, Erik?   My grip is definitely NOT in this spot.       
  Thanks.   Maybe mine is not properly in the fingers. I will do some checking and try to post a picture. 
I realize there's some variance to the grips used but I am curious where you guys like to see the V's of the hands lined up as a general rule of thumb.   Both at the right shoulder?   Somewhere else?   I am experimenting with a more neutral left hand position. It gets rid of the pull draws, but I tend to hit more pushes.   When I use a strong left hand grip(3 knuckles), I start hitting pull draws. I'm thinking maybe my right hand grip is too...
I'm hitting the ball pretty well for this early in the year and I'm excited with how my swing is looking.