or Connect

Posts by kc8kir

Bump. Still available! I'll leave them here a bit before going to ebay / craigslist. PM'd offers will be reviewed. Thanks!
Hey everyone. Thought I would list these here for a few days before hitting up craigslist and ebay. Played the irons for a season, then I found something better. Paid $200 when new, they still go for $200 new at the stores. Great irons with lots of life left in them. I will say one thing, the shaft in these irons really compresses the ball! Manufacturer: Wilson Golf Model: Wilson Staff Ci6, 3-PW Shafts: True Temper TaperTech CL, Steel, Stiff Flex Lofts: Standard Lie...
Are the shafts the regular weight, DG S300? not the dynalite. If so, and they are standard length, I'm interested. I live in San Antonio, so shipping should be cheap. Sorry it took me a bit to notice this thread!
Shawn's videos were some of the first instruction I recieved and followed. I think his teaching really helped me realize some part of my potential much faster than if I had just followed "Golf Digest" tips, etc. I own his DVD, and it's a great resource. If I still lived up in Michigan, I'd probably make the trip to see him for lessons. All this being said, I had to be careful with Shawn's hip turn method. I am very flexible in my turn, and I mistakenly ended up reverse...
I would definitely suggest finding an actual "swing trigger" to start the motion of the swing. Hogan had a slight forward body press. Lee Trevino had his three steps. Nicklaus had the stationary press and head turn. Sam Snead had the forward press. Byron Nelson had the forward body press with lagging clubhead takeaway. Gary Player kicks in his right knee. Harvey Penick suggested feeling like you are swinging a bucket of water. You wouldn't start...
Man... looks good. Just keep trying to get your practice swing to match the full swing as much as possible. Your swing looks really stable. Me and my whippy wrists are envious. As far as the consistency goes, what kind of swing trigger are you using? I couldn't spot anything (hand press, forward press, head turn, forward bump, foot step, knee push, etc). Might want to consider finding one and putting it into your swing. That will help every swing start feeling the same...
Good advice, IF you are going to use that swing pattern (the Ben Hogan a la Slicefixer method). Gotta be careful here, because the golf swing is not a "one swing fits all" environment. Give the above advice to someone without proper coaching and the rest of the starting alignments, and you're gonna have them suffering with spinouts and all sorts of other faults (just like any technique or swing pattern, you need the whole picture, not just a part of it). There are many...
Mats are evil things. They really screw up your swing if you haven't learned yet how to feel the difference between a barely clean shot, and a slightly fat one. Anyone I see hitting on mats really well, I question how they hit off grass and dirt. Not the same animal. Real ground is not perfectly flat and does not help you if you hit the ball slightly fat. I suffered from the same "fear of the ground". I didn't like the feeling of taking up dirt. That's because I hadn't...
SubPar, what tees are you playing from? If it's the back tees I would suggest moving forward until you can generate more distance WITH accuracy. Better to play a more forward set of tees and get used to scoring (and the confidence that goes with it) and then move back as your distance improves. That way, the course won't seem so long when you finally do have the distance. You'll be comfortable hitting those distances with accurate shot placement.
Besides initiating with the lower body, I think Harvey Penick had the best advice for how to start the downswing. Left heel down and right elbow return to side. Two things to keep in mind here. If you aren't lifting your left heel on the backswing, it's gonna feel like you just push the left heel into the ground. This gets your weight going left and back. Second, the right arm to body connection should stay in place until either just before, or just until impact....