or Connect

Posts by kc8kir

On the toe.... sorry. I was thinking of hitting the ball slightly off the toe of the club. I keep the heel from dragging in the grass!
Grip pressure for me with this method is very firm. You are hitting the ball off the toe of the club, so it will want to twist... but that dead hit gives the ball a different spin condition hitting the green (in my experience). It takes getting used to... but I find it very effective. To the prior post, I do raise the club on the toe as he illustrates in the book. This really helps in the rough, even when you play the club back. When playing out of deep rough, the ball is...
It has been a very long time since I was on this forum. Still playing golf here... though struggling with a hook and shooting mid to high 80s. All that said... I still use the method Paul Runyan outlines in his book as my primary chipping method. Jim Furyk uses this method as well, and I find it to be very reliable. I will add or subtract a club depending on green speed for the day. Trajectory is played with using shaft angle and ball position. The firm wrists he advises...
Bump. Still available! I'll leave them here a bit before going to ebay / craigslist. PM'd offers will be reviewed. Thanks!
Hey everyone. Thought I would list these here for a few days before hitting up craigslist and ebay. Played the irons for a season, then I found something better. Paid $200 when new, they still go for $200 new at the stores. Great irons with lots of life left in them. I will say one thing, the shaft in these irons really compresses the ball! Manufacturer: Wilson Golf Model: Wilson Staff Ci6, 3-PW Shafts: True Temper TaperTech CL, Steel, Stiff Flex Lofts: Standard Lie...
Are the shafts the regular weight, DG S300? not the dynalite. If so, and they are standard length, I'm interested. I live in San Antonio, so shipping should be cheap. Sorry it took me a bit to notice this thread!
Shawn's videos were some of the first instruction I recieved and followed. I think his teaching really helped me realize some part of my potential much faster than if I had just followed "Golf Digest" tips, etc. I own his DVD, and it's a great resource. If I still lived up in Michigan, I'd probably make the trip to see him for lessons. All this being said, I had to be careful with Shawn's hip turn method. I am very flexible in my turn, and I mistakenly ended up reverse...
I would definitely suggest finding an actual "swing trigger" to start the motion of the swing. Hogan had a slight forward body press. Lee Trevino had his three steps. Nicklaus had the stationary press and head turn. Sam Snead had the forward press. Byron Nelson had the forward body press with lagging clubhead takeaway. Gary Player kicks in his right knee. Harvey Penick suggested feeling like you are swinging a bucket of water. You wouldn't start...
Man... looks good. Just keep trying to get your practice swing to match the full swing as much as possible. Your swing looks really stable. Me and my whippy wrists are envious. As far as the consistency goes, what kind of swing trigger are you using? I couldn't spot anything (hand press, forward press, head turn, forward bump, foot step, knee push, etc). Might want to consider finding one and putting it into your swing. That will help every swing start feeling the same...
Good advice, IF you are going to use that swing pattern (the Ben Hogan a la Slicefixer method). Gotta be careful here, because the golf swing is not a "one swing fits all" environment. Give the above advice to someone without proper coaching and the rest of the starting alignments, and you're gonna have them suffering with spinouts and all sorts of other faults (just like any technique or swing pattern, you need the whole picture, not just a part of it). There are many...