IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I've got good news: Scorecard is now available for Windows. The latest version of Scorecard supports Windows and Mac OS X. The same license file and database can be used on both applications.

Scorecard is great for tracking your statistics. You can enter your round in no time, and generate 25+ useful statistics that will help you to improve your golf game. How many fairways do you actually hit? How often do you get up and down? What's the average length of your first putt? Is it worse to miss the fairway right or left? How often do you three-putt after hitting a green in regulation?

And what's best, For a limited time, you can enter the coupon code "SANDTRAP" to save 20%.

Just visit http://cynicalpeak.com/scorecard/ to download and buy your copy today. Enter the coupon code above (no quotes) to take 20% off the price at the time of purchase. If you want to check things out, a free demo is available for both operating systems, but again, the 20% offer is for a limited time.

Once you've bought your copy of Scorecard, add a button to your posts (see this thread for more) to your posts showing off your online scorecards.

I know for a lot of you it's still winter, but again, this is a limited time offer . I'm personally not making money on the Windows version of the app - but I built and designed the Mac version and have been using it quite happily for the past two years. Scorecard generated my online scorecards , and the statistics the app calculates for me have been invaluable in improving my game.

Two years ago I was an eight handicap. Today I'm a 2.7. A lot of the credit belongs to Scorecard.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are serious about improving your golf game but not sure which areas need the most work, Scorecard is an excellent and easy to use application to help you identify your problem areas. I've created my own tracking spreadsheets and used several online services in the past but Scorecard blows all of those away by just ease of use and the data generated really shows you quickly what you need to work on. For us Windows folks, this is great day!

If you love to analyze your golf game and want to improve you should seriously take a look at Scorecard.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Erik,

This looks really nice. I'm just going to toss an idea out there and you can tell me how crazy it is. I don't know what the capabilities are on the new API for the iPhones and the iPod Touches; I'm not a programmer -- but I wonder whether there is any capability for data export via iTunes or otherwise? It would so cool if there was a scorecard data entry interface on the iphone/touch that you could use on the course in lieu of a paperscore card that could then sync with your scorecard app at home.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Administrator
Erik,

The iPhone SDK has not yet been made available, but our current plans are exactly along the lines of what you've suggested.

FWIW, I've always just marked my actual scorecard. My markings take only two boxes: First box: Score, drive arrow indicator, # of putts. Second box: SS/G/UD, distance of first putt. But yeah, we plan to offer the iPhone/iPod Touch thing. Right now, we plan to release it as a free update, in fact, but don't hold me to that... It may be a lot more involved than we think. Fairly confident it won't be, though.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Eric, I was actually going to message you about something or the other yesterday when I saw the link to Scorecard on your profile. So that totally distracted me and I was going through your scores and then bought the application myself. Have only entered my latest score so far, but will try to get as many as I can remember in there. Funny that I did this yesterday and you're posting about it today. I didn't realize it was new. :)

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Erik... when I enter my scores into scorecard it keeps my handicap for me, but will it account for ESC (equitable stroke control). I have not entered a score where this is necessary yet... but wanted to make sure I entered whatever was necessary to make my handicap as accurate as possible.

By the way... scorecard is a great product, so easy to use. I was using Yahoo before and I toyed with Mobile Golf Stats... but Scorecard has them all beat hands down. I can't wait untill I take my trip in a few weeks so I can enter some more scores.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Hi again, Erik.

Where does Scorecard store it's datafile, what's the db format? If I'm using it on My Desktop and want to move my data to another computer or laptop? I don't see an 'export' function.

Also, when setting up the tees - it might be nice after filling in the par for the blues to auto-populate the next set, since the par is typically the same.

What's in my bag:

Erik... when I enter my scores into scorecard it keeps my handicap for me, but will it account for ESC (equitable stroke control). I have not entered a score where this is necessary yet... but wanted to make sure I entered whatever was necessary to make my handicap as accurate as possible.

ESC is automatically applied to you scores when calculating your handicap. You don't have to do anything to account for it.

ESC is not applied though when calculating your other stats. So if you take 20 stokes on a hole, that'll show up in the stats window. We decided to not apply it so that you get an accurate picture of how you actually performed on the course since it is for personal use.

• Administrator

Yeah, as Brad said, your handicap is calculated with ESC in place. Your stats are not, though, so feel free to put your 10 in there and you'll be covered both ways: your stats will show an "other" and your handicap score will only be using the 6 or 7 or whatever actually counted.

By the way... scorecard is a great product, so easy to use. I was using Yahoo before and I toyed with Mobile Golf Stats... but Scorecard has them all beat hands down. I can't wait untill I take my trip in a few weeks so I can enter some more scores.

I will caution some people that this version is effectively the 1.0 release (for Windows), so it may have some lingering bugs. We're committed to being very proactive (and active) about fixing them. I'm glad you like it, and I hope you never have a problem, but if you do don't hesitate to get in touch with us via email -

support@cynicalpeak.com . And by way of your compliments, which I suck at receiving, thank you. The software and concept is "my baby" in a way, and we walk a fine line between asking for a lot of data and calculating even more stats with not making the user spend 20 minutes after every round entering way too much data. I think we found a good balance. And I like the exported scorecards. :)
Where does Scorecard store it's datafile, what's the db format? If I'm using it on My Desktop and want to move my data to another computer or laptop? I don't see an 'export' function.

There's no export function (not yet - export and import are high on the feature list for 2.0), but the data file is stored in one place (with your license file) on Windows and Mac OS X. Copy that one file across and you're all set.

On Mac OS X, it's stored inside the "Scorecard" folder in your "Application Support" folder (which is inside your Library folder, or ~/Library/Application Support/Scorecard/). On Windows, if you type "%AppData%" (without the quotes) into your Windows Explorer location bar, you'll see a "Cynical Peak" folder with a "Scorecard" folder inside of it. Your database and license are inside there.
Also, when setting up the tees - it might be nice after filling in the par for the blues to auto-populate the next set, since the par is typically the same.

Indeed, it would be nice. In fact, I thought it did.

I guess we missed that. Again, for any true support questions, please contact us via email at the support address. For general discussion, carrying on here is just fine.

Just started using your program and I wanted to let you know it's awesome. $24 or whatever the special deal was is such a bargain. Thanks for creating Scorecard.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Wow, cannot wait for this to come to iphone

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

• Administrator
Wow, cannot wait for this to come to iphone

To be clear, the "entire app" isn't coming to the iPhone, just the scorecard entry portion of it. That way you can enter your rounds on the course, and when you get back home, instead of spending 3-5 minutes entering them, just sync the phone.

You'll still need the app.

ahhh, gotcha - thanks for the clarification

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

If I can make another request/suggestion... would it be possible for the iphone/scorecard to keep score for a foursome?

Not neccessarily for import into the scorecard app...

What's in my bag:

• Administrator
If I can make another request/suggestion... would it be possible for the iphone/scorecard to keep score for a foursome?

Probably not... because then people will ask us to keep track of their bets and we'll be straying from the purpose of the application, which in my experience is the fastest way to turn a good or great product into a crappy one (see also: most everything Microsoft makes).

The easier solution: everyone buy their own iPhone.

Probably not... because then people will ask us to keep track of their bets and we'll be straying from the purpose of the application, which in my experience is the fastest way to turn a good or great product into a crappy one (see also: most everything Microsoft makes).

Erik, this program is a freakin miracle. It is both exciting to have stats to compare to the pros, and useful to be able to make MUCH more specific goals. I went back and put in all the rounds that I had cards for in 2007. IF/WHEN the application has an accompanying scorecard for iphone, would that also be applicable to Blackberry?

A couple of things... For any one worried about this program not doing what you want, forget it. It is the best program I have found. Next if you have an issue, which I did, during the download process, dont sweat it, the Customer Service dept is fast and very helpful. They had me fixed up after only two emails.

To my main question... If I recall correctly the Mac version is allowed to have more than one golfer (ie. me and my wife). Does the windows version not have that? I cannot seem to be able to find it.

Lastly the iphone scorecard would be perfect for me. It would stop me for losing the damn card on those windy days or dealing with a wet card. Thanks for the program on us windows machines.

• Administrator
Erik, this program is a freakin miracle. It is both exciting to have stats to compare to the pros, and useful to be able to make MUCH more specific goals. I went back and put in all the rounds that I had cards for in 2007.

Very cool, and thanks. Please note that an update (1.2.5) is available for Windows, too, and 1.2.5 for the Mac will ship soon. Oh, and we'll never ship incompatible versions, even if the version numbers themselves vary from time to time.

IF/WHEN the application has an accompanying scorecard for iphone, would that also be applicable to Blackberry?

We've not ruled it out, but none of us have Blackberries and I'm not sure how they synchronize or do anything. It's unlikely at this point, but again, I can't rule it out.

Note: This thread is 1991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!