IGNORED

New Iron set?

Note: This thread is 6812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,
iam a 20 year old who has just discovered golfing. My parents play it and they finally got me to try and i love it. i have been golfing with my grandfathers old set of clubs and i dont know how much longer they are gonna last. I'm looking right now for a good iron set that isnt extremly expensive. I'am a Newbie to golf so nothing amazing but some that can help become a better golfer and still be competetive enough for me as i sharpen my skills. Please help me decide what brand and size iron's to buy, inlcuding a driver. I'm 5,10 and about 140.
glad to listen to any advice
thanks!

Basically having whatever you purchase fitted to your body and swing would be the biggest aid I could reccomend. What ever set you choose have them fitted. Shaft length, Club head lie angle, grip size... There are great "clone" or "knock-off" sets for under 200 that usually include a fitting with purchase. just my 2 cents

Note: This thread is 6812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!