IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note:Β This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Read the whole thing...disagree. She sucks.

I used to think that too.Β  But I've been watching a lot lately, (going through season 5A again this week after DVR'ing it all on Sunday) and I'm starting to agree more with my wife.Β  She hates Walt.Β  I always said, "nah, he's a bad-ass."Β  But that, of course, is beyond ridiculous, at this point.Β  He's despicable and deserves whatever is coming his way.

As far as Skyler goes, I don't like her either - her 'moral compass' is a bit wonky as well, so she comes across as a little hypocritical - but at least she's only committing adultery and laundering money.Β  Whereas Walts killing or almost killing innocents (Jane and Brock), among all of the rest of his transgressions.

One more thing, in regards to the above sentiments about hating Skylers scenes and wanting to fast forward through them ... the last couple of days, the scenes with Skyler that have made me uncomfortable are not her fault.Β  It's all of the scenes near the beginning of season 5A where Walt is getting all "lovey" with her and pretending like their life is normal.

I don't "like" Skyler, nor do I root for her either (much), but I'm long past rooting for Walt at this point too.Β  Not sure how I want it all to end, but can't wait to find out how it does!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I used to think that too.Β  But I've been watching a lot lately, (going through season 5A again this week after DVR'ing it all on Sunday) and I'm starting to agree more with my wife.Β  She hates Walt.Β  I always said, "nah, he's a bad-ass."Β  But that, of course, is beyond ridiculous, at this point.Β  He's despicable and deserves whatever is coming his way.

As far as Skyler goes, I don't like her either - her 'moral compass' is a bit wonky as well, so she comes across as a little hypocritical - but at least she's only committing adultery and laundering money.Β  Whereas Walts killing or almost killing innocents (Jane and Brock), among all of the rest of his transgressions.

One more thing, in regards to the above sentiments about hating Skylers scenes and wanting to fast forward through them ... the last couple of days, the scenes with Skyler that have made me uncomfortable are not her fault.Β  It's all of the scenes near the beginning of season 5A where Walt is getting all "lovey" with her and pretending like their life is normal.

I don't "like" Skyler, nor do I root for her either (much), but I'm long past rooting for Walt at this point too.Β  Not sure how I want it all to end, but can't wait to find out how it does!

Oh, I love Walt as far as him being a bad ass character...but he's despicable. I've thought that for a long time. But the show would be just as big without Skyler...get rid of Jesse or Walt and see how big it is. Ya know?

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Oh, I love Walt as far as him being a bad ass character...but he's despicable. I've thought that for a long time. But the show would be just as big without Skyler...get rid of Jesse or Walt and see how big it is. Ya know?

Absolutely not!Β  The tension between Hank and Walt would not be even remotely the same (it wouldn't really exist at all)Β if they weren't related.Β  Skyler is absolutely a necessity.Β  Ya know? ;)

Breakfast boy (thanks Jamo, or whoever coined that term previously) on the other hand .... ;)

Absolutely not!Β  The tension between Hank and Walt would not be even remotely the same (it wouldn't really exist at all)Β if they weren't related.Β  Skyler is absolutely a necessity.Β  Ya know? ;)

Breakfast boy (thanks Jamo, or whoever coined that term previously) on the other hand .... ;)

Marie could just as easily be Walt's sister, making Hank his brother in law. I mean, she's important because he needs a wife to be the "family man", but other than that, her character could have been changed a lot, and I really don't think it would have made a huge difference.

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

Marie could just as easily be Walt's sister, making Hank his brother in law. I mean, she's important because he needs a wife to be the "family man", but other than that, her character could have been changed a lot, and I really don't think it would have made a huge difference.

But you're suggesting that the best show in the history of television (source:Β  me ;)) could be improved by eliminating one of its main characters.Β  I disagree.Β  She is a requirement, even if its just for most people to be able to say "***k that b**ch." ;)

Similar to my feelings on Brandel Chamblee.Β  I don't think anybody really wants him gone.Β  Even his most ardent haters want to be able to complain about him.Β  And, boy, did I just set myself up for the most perfect segue into this hyper-relevant clip (nsfw - language) ...

But you're suggesting that the best show in the history of television (source:Β  me ;)) could be improved by eliminating one of its main characters.Β  I disagree.Β  She is a requirement, even if its just for most people to be able to say "***k that b**ch." ;)

Sure, but my point is that the way her character has played out is nowhere near as vital as Walt's, or Jesse's, or Hank's. The "author" saying that she's the most important character is just flat derp material.

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

While Walt has been dangerous to anyone that crosses him, he's always gone out of his way protect those he cares about, even Hank. The fact that his wife said she was afraid of him really struck me as crazy. I understand her being afraid BECAUSE of him but not OF him.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

Sure, but my point is that the way her character has played out is nowhere near as vital as Walt's, or Jesse's, or Hank's. The "author" saying that she's the most important character is just flat derp material.

OK, yeah, I'll agree with that.Β  She is not the most important character by any means.

Please everyone, sit back and enjoy.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/31-things-only-breaking-bad-obsessives-will-find-funny

also,Β http://www.savewalterwhite.com

Dan

:tmade:Β R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14Β 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron:Β Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/31-things-only-breaking-bad-obsessives-will-find-funny

This is my favorite

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I really miss Gale. They got rid of him too soon or something

Have you guys seen the video for Jesse's old band?

Fallacies!

Not as funny as Gale, but still worth knowing about:

Constantine

Don't forget about the Heisenberg song: [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0JPTgAtqzw[/VIDEO]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

The only thing I wish is that Jesse Pinkman would stop being a bitch!

I let this go when I first read it, but now have to disagree strongly. Β I've been watching the 5A episodes all week and just watched the train robbery one and the one that follows.

Rather than stop being a bitch, I think what Jesse needs to do is continue doing the opposite of what Walt and Todd are/have been doing, which is to be a non-sociopathic human being. ;)

I let this go when I first read it, but now have to disagree strongly. Β I've been watching the 5A episodes all week and just watched the train robbery one and the one that follows.

Rather than stop being a bitch, I think what Jesse needs to do is continue doing the opposite of what Walt and Todd are/have been doing, which is to be a non-sociopathic human being. ;)

That was mainly my comment based on Sundays final season premier... The entire show he was down again... Like he was back in season 3, when he was depressed after Jane died. Β He bounced back - but pretty much was a mess in season 3.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

That was mainly my comment based on Sundays final season premier... The entire show he was down again... Like he was back in season 3, when he was depressed after Jane died. Β He bounced back - but pretty much was a mess in season 3.

Yeah, and to be fair, I'm responding after just watching the train episode, but more importantly the one immediately following ... where the cold open is them quietly disassembling the kids dirtbike (and then the kid as well) to put it into the chemicals, and that Todd guy is completely unaffected by the whole thing. Β He laughs it off as "shit happens" and Jesse socks him. Β No way you could kill a kid in cold blood like that and be completely unfazed and not be a sociopath. Β Mike and Walt were also not bothered enough by it in Jesse's eyes either. ;)

Can't wait for Sunday!!!

Yeah, and to be fair, I'm responding after just watching the train episode, but more importantly the one immediately following ... where the cold open is them quietly disassembling the kids dirtbike (and then the kid as well) to put it into the chemicals, and that Todd guy is completely unaffected by the whole thing. Β He laughs it off as "shit happens" and Jesse socks him. Β No way you could kill a kid in cold blood like that and be completely unfazed and not be a sociopath. Β Mike and Walt were also not bothered enough by it in Jesse's eyes either. ;)

Can't wait for Sunday!!!

Yeah that is why Jesse is a wreck right now... Killing that kid had a major impact on him. Β I'm guessing he is going to snap real soon.

Originally Posted by dsc123

Thank you - I am sitting at my desk, snickering to myself currently.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland:Β CG12 52* &Β 56*
:tmade:Β Rosa

Note:Β This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!