IGNORED

Are my clubs clones? If so, of what??

Walther
Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a hand me down set of irons that I've learned the game on. I have to say that they're not bad clubs to hit, but then I may not know what I'm missing.

The clubs are Acumark Buster Tours. I have the PW-3. I haven't really seen *any* information about these clubs online.

They're pretty standard forgiving irons. Wide sole, thick topline, full cavity back, large offset.

I have some pictures of them - Are these irons a clone of a more established make and line?

w
In my bag:
- SQ Sumo2 10.5* Driver with stiff shaft
- Rapture 13* 3 Wood
- i3+ Blades
- 52* Gap Wedge- 56* Vokey Sand Wedge- 60* Vokey Lob Wedge- White Hot XG Marxman Mallet with 35" shaft

I have a hand me down set of irons that I've learned the game on. I have to say that they're not bad clubs to hit, but then I may not know what I'm missing.

They don't appear to me to be clones. Clones are typically made to appear close in name to some original. They just aren't name-brand ; the original owner likely got them at a generic sporting goods store, such as Big-5. My irons (and 5-Wood) aren't name-brand either. I got them from a club maker in Orange County, although the only other place I can find that sells them is in Chicago, and doesn't have many active links on the web page left.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The kinda remind me of the King Cobra game improvement irons that were so popular during the early-mid 1990's

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

But hey! It got you down to 17-handicap. Not bad...not bad...

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

they kinda remind me of the DCI oversized irons.
What's In My Bag?

Driver: R9 460 TP 9.5* w/ Motore F1 75g S
Wood:Exotics XCG-V 16.5*
Hybrids: 3DX Ironwood 3 and 4Irons:695.MBWedges:Stripped Spin Milled Custom C Grind (52*,56*,60*)Putter: Black Series i #9 32" w/ white Iomic gripBall:ProV1Shoes: Foot Joy DryJoysGrips: Lamkin Crossline...

I played a set of Acuity (Dick's Sporting Goods' generic brand) irons for years...I have a set of Snake Eyes component irons now. Too much is made of the 'name brand' clubs, especially when it comes to irons, for the average golfer.

Enjoy the game, play the clubs you have until you can or want to change to a name brand set.

Driver: Titleist 905T 11.5*

Hybrids: Cleveland HALO Hybrids 19*, 22*

Irons Snake Eyes Python O/S irons (I carry 5,7,9,A irons)

Wedges: Adams Tom Watson SW 56* (sometimes carry Adams Tom Watson LW 60*)

Putter: Odyssey Dual Force 2 Rossie or Tommy Armour EFT Series Model 6

They're probably clones of something. They look like typical cavity backs from the mid 90's in my opinion. A lot of manufacturers were making clubs that look very similar. If you're happy with them, keep playing them. If you're curious about the "name brands", go demo some. I haven't played with clones in a while, but I know people who swear they play the same as the name brand stuff.

driver: G10 draw 9 degrees
hybrids DWS 16 and 20 degrees
irons: x-16 3-pw
wedges: 588 RTG 51, 56 & 60
putter: Heavy Putter B3-Mball: hx tour (I'll switch after I lose these)

Thanks guys -- they do look quite similar to the Titleist DCI and the Cobra oversized. I guess most of the full cavity back irons don't have much "personality" anyway and all look somewhat similar.

I am happy with the irons overall, they probably fit my game for the most part. The only complaint I would have is that you have virtually no feedback on off center shots.

I've had rounds where I've been battling a weak slice only to realize within the last few holes that I've been hitting the ball slightly off the toe.

Then again with a blade, that shot would have been way right or OOB!

w
In my bag:
- SQ Sumo2 10.5* Driver with stiff shaft
- Rapture 13* 3 Wood
- i3+ Blades
- 52* Gap Wedge- 56* Vokey Sand Wedge- 60* Vokey Lob Wedge- White Hot XG Marxman Mallet with 35" shaft

I have a clone nike sq2 3 hybrid. I can't get the pictrue to come up. Help!

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!