IGNORED

UST Proforce V2 or Aldila VS Proto...which would you put in your driver and why?

Note: This thread is 5835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• UST Proforce V2
    • Aldila VS Proto 'By You'

I am debating on which shaft to put into my Ping G10. Just wanted to see what you guys thought of the two shafts and what you would go with. Feel free to give the pros and cons of each.
In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

It's really about which ones work best for you

Yea, I'm going to hit them both...I'm not necessarily looking on advice to choose my shaft, just wanted to see what the rest of you thought about your experience with one or the other...or both.

In the bag:

Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

I have the VS Proto in my Superquad and cannot say enough good things about it. It is explosive and feels excellent. Although I have never hit it, I have heard very positive things about the V2 as well.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I like the V2. I have not hit the proto. I have hit the DVS though.

R7
R7 3w
Launcher 5w
Halo 3i
Launcher 4-PWCG11...52,56Circa 62#2

I had a proto stiff in my Rapture. I had to switch to a regular...the proto plays slightly stiffer than the NV, from what I've experienced and have heard. I recently tried the G10 with V2 stiff in a launch monitor and it performed quite a bit better than any other ping option I tried. I think if you go with the Proto, expect to swing at least 105 MPH+ consistently. I'm 100 MPH so the Proto is just a bit too stiff.

That said I just bought a Cleveland Hibore XL Tour with Fuji Fit-on Red Stiff. The G10 with V2 Stiff was my second choice.

In the Bag

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Black Tie 7M3 Stiff  |  LS Hybrid Kurokage Stiff  |
 Nickent 4DX KBS Hybrid Stiff 3,4  | Cobra S3 Pro 5-PW Project X 5.5  |
 Scratch 53*, 59*  |  Odyssey Backstryke  |  Srixon Z Star

I hit both while getting fit. I got decent results with the V2 from a spin and distance perspective, but the VS felt like it had a ton more life in it and my numbers were ideal. To me the UST ProForce line has always felt boardy and lifeless, this shaft improves a bit, but not enough for me. I've got a pured VS Proto 70g in Stiff flex installed in a TM Superquad 9.5* head. I've literally tried to knock it out of the bag and can't. You can ask some people around here about my club buying habits, I REALLY tried.

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

keep em comin'
In the bag:

• Administrator
keep em comin'

Uh, I would buy and use the one that best suited my game and my swing. Doing anything but that would be stupid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

as stated earlier I am not buying simply based on the results of this poll...just wanted to here some other opinions (I hit the vs proto today and already bought it tonight actually, but I just wanted to here other opinions for general discussion).
In the bag:

I am debating on which shaft to put into my Ping G10. Just wanted to see what you guys thought of the two shafts and what you would go with. Feel free to give the pros and cons of each.

I have the UST v2 and i would never consider putting another shaft in mine. i have only heard great things of the Aldila (never tried them myself).

i have previously had different models Diamanas. as long as your happy with the flex and the kick point, it will be fine.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Proforce V2 for me. The low torque gives me the stability that I need with my swing speed and how I load the club. I agree that it feels "boardy" to a degree like some others have said, but that's how I like it, so it's all personal preference. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
As I currently own a driver that is no longer produced, pro shops will therefore not stock it. How can I get analysis performed to see what shaft I should get? I am toying with the idea of having my driver re-shafted, as I think the YS6 might be too stiff for my swing. As with the OP, between Adila and Proforce as they seem to be around the same $$$

How can a pro give me advice based on my current driver? Ideally, a lauch monitor to get ball spin etc is what they would use, but its obviously not as easy as it would be with a new club as they have no selection of 905Rs to give me the variety of shafts I'd need for a proper fitting?

Also, anyone got ideas for the price of re-shafting a 905R? I understand it has to go to Titleist for this to be done.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Proforce, The aldila balloons and feels too whippy through impact.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Like others have mentioned, you need to see how they work for you.

Yea, I'm going to hit them both...I'm not necessarily looking on advice to choose my shaft, just wanted to see what the rest of you thought about your experience with one or the other...or both.

well you kinda are with your quote above "what would you go with"

as stated earlier I am not buying simply based on the results of this poll...just wanted to here some other opinions (I hit the vs proto today and already bought it tonight actually, but I just wanted to here other opinions for general discussion).

I'm not trying to be mean here but what does it matter what other people think or it or how it performs for them? You could ask thousands of people and let's say they like brand A but brand B performs the best for you. I don't know you but many would still be inclined to choose brand A because it's popular.....I see it a lot when people come into my shop.

Also, anyone got ideas for the price of re-shafting a 905R? I understand it has to go to Titleist for this to be done.

Some shops can re-shaft these drivers, I know many that won't just because it's kind of a pain but you'll just have to make a few calls to see who will.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I feel I'm more consistent with the V2. I'm not sure what the torque rating is on the Proto, but I wasn't quite as consistent with it in my old Cobra.

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

It doesn't have to go to Titleist. Any decent club builder will have no problem reshafting it. The only clubs that really have to go back to the manufacturer are the older style Ping drivers (like the TiSi series) and maybe a couple others. But even with those there is usually a club builder around who feels comfortable changing the shafts (just need adapters/hosel replacements).

On topic: I wouldn't keep picking at this forum for reviews on the shafts. That is like picking for reviews on a wedges. People just say different things according to their experiences and hearing others experience isn't going to help you choose. They are both good shafts. If you don't plan on getting fitted than just get the cheaper of the two.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Theyre both very good shafts..Their trusted on the PGA Tour...Choosing one over the other wouldnt be a liability...I have tried both but for me personally i liked the Nv Aldila By You--it just felt a lot smoother and lagged a little better

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Note: This thread is 5835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!