IGNORED

Of last years big name drivers that are now deeply discounted...

Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Of last years big name drivers that are now deeply discounted...

• Adams Redline
    • Callaway Big Bertha 460
    • Callaway X460/Tour
    • Cleveland HiBore XL
    • Cobra Speed Series
    • Cobra HS9
    • Nike Sumo/Sumo Squared
    • Taylor Made R7
    • Other (please specify)

I miss the PING G5 and Callaway FT3 in the list...
Can someone compare the Callaway BB460 with the FT3? I found an FT3 Tour Neutral for 199$ at golfsmith. And then there's also the G5... I can't make up my mind!

G10 driver 9° TFC / stiff
V-Steel 3 wood 15° /stiff
Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°
Karsten B60 Hoofer Stand Bag 2008

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently been demoing some drivers and I have loved the BB460. I have also tried the F Speed, Hibore XL, Hibore, R7, and R5 along side of the BB460 and for a beginner like me this club was the most forgiving and just felt the best.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

I noticed the new TaylorMade Tour Burners came out, does this mean the 'old' burner's price is gonna drop any time soon?

I just picked up the 2007 Burner Draw for $200 this weekend after hitting it at the range... I haven't had a chance to play a round with it yet which is doing bad things to my psyche (don't want to work... just want to tee off...). I know tgw has dropped their prices on this.

Wuzzinmebag:

Driver: Burner Draw 10.5°, Reg Flex
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°, Reg Flex
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°, Reg Flex4-GW: S9, Nippon 900 XH Steel ShaftSW: 588 DSG, 56°; 14° bouncePutter: White Hot XG #3 33"igolf GPS caddie(Somewhat) lowering that handicap one round at a time...

I just picked up the 2007 Burner Draw for $200 this weekend after hitting it at the range... I haven't had a chance to play a round with it yet which is doing bad things to my psyche (don't want to work... just want to tee off...). I know tgw has dropped their prices on this.

+1 here $199 + 10% off for demo day.

I went to a demo day and bought two , a draw and neutral. We taped them up and the pro told me to bring back the one I don't like. It was windy and I was getting tired of hitting balls so I was thankful for the chance to continue my demo at a later date.

hammerTyme();
stop();

Titleist 905T
-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------
Driver --Titleist 907D2 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
F.W. --Titleist 906F4 15.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
Irons --Mizuno MP-57 - Project X 6.0Wedges --Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 58* - Dynamic Gold X100Putter --Cameron...

+1 here $199 + 10% off for demo day.

I'm eyeing the burner draw at $199 also. I'm a little hesitant because it just looks SO closed at address...

I'm trying out the Exotics Driver, Fujikura HL 55 stiff shaft. Played one round with it, took me 6 or so drives before I started to get used to it. After I started getting used to it, I hit three great drives including a 295 yard drive so it's got more pop than the R5. Best I've done with the R5 is about 270 but I'm fairly accurate with it.

I want to make sure that I'm going to be as consistent with the Exotics as with the TM before I permanently put it in my bag, otherwise, it's going back - I have a 90 day playability guarantee on it.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

I'm looking at the BB460. I've been bashing a bunch of clubs at the shop, (x460, Adams, G10, hibore xls), and I really like the feel of it. It's between the BB and the xls. Both feel good and fly pretty straight, according to the monitor. The Cleveland does make an odd, loud smack, though. I'll decide tomorrow on the range...in the rain. If all else is equal, the BB will win with its 150 buck advantage.

Just picked up a TM R7 460 in excellent condition (probably 9/10) with a Graphite Design I-65 S Flex shaft thats been PUREd and aligned by SST, for $139 plus shipping.

And of course, it rained like a mother yesterday and every golf range is closed.....i'm seriously considering just teeing it up in some random front yard hitting one and running. Its pretty tough looking a new driving and can't even hit it!

I like the Nike Sumo2, but I have not purchased one yet. That is, if you can handle the sound.

In my Clemson Sun Mountain Superlight 3.5 bag
Driver - Cleveland Launcher 9 deg., stiff gold shaft
3 wood - Cleveland launcher 15 deg stiff gold shaft
3 Hybrid - Adams Boxer 19 deg
4 Hybrid - Nike Sumo2 hybrid 23 deg.Irons - Callaway X-18 Wedges - Cleveland CG 14 (50, 54, 58 degree)Putter -...

ive been a big advocate of the big bertha ever since it came out about 10 years ago. However, after trying the hibore XL, i havent looked back. Cleveland all the way.

In my bag:

Driver: Hibore XL 9.5 Stiff Gold
Hybrid: 2i 19* Hibore XLS Hybrid Stiff Red
Irons: CG Gold Irons 4-SWPutter: Rossa Daytona 1Ball: NXT Tour

Well I think I just got a great deal on a Nike SUMO 2 5300 with Aldila Blue VS Proto By you 65-R shaft Brand new in the plastic for 199 USD. I haven't hit a driver as straight as this one. I played my first round yesterday that I hit every fairway off the tee box. Now I just got to get my irons tuned in.

It just goes to show how personal something like golf is. I tried the Hibore and the BB460, and the Bertha won out for me. For my bro, it was the Hibore xls.

No matter who else plays what club, you have to discover what works best for you.

. . .Taylor Made Superquads dropped $100 at retail this year from $395. You can get them for a real deal on Ebay. . .but make sure you research the seller big time before you send them your hard earned cash!!!

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

• 4 weeks later...
well, at the moment I have the Cobra HS9 but I've demoed the Callaway BB 460 and everything about the BB 460 feels better than my HS9. The HS9 has too closed of a face for me and it is also much taller than the BB 460. I think i'm about to jump on the BB 460 soon.

As a matter of fact, if anyone is interested in a 9.5*, HS9, stiff flex a little over a year old. Contact me!
R7 Superquad 10.5* REAX regular flex shaft
FT 5 wood
675XC forged irons 3-PW, True Temper DG SL stiff(S300) shafts
55* BeCu sandwedge
e6+ balls or ProV1
Cougar X-cat putter (odyssey 2-ball rip-off)

The Cobra's are quite nice.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!