IGNORED

Okay, dont make fun...i may have a new Ball...

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is for real....

I know a lot of talk and topics are about how great the pro V1's are but today I played with a ball that blew my socks off!

The D2 Feel.

Thats right! The Top Flight D2 FEEL!

This ball was AWESOME!!! I was so amazed. I only used it because I came to the course with 2 balls and lost both in the 1st hole. Dont get me started on that.....

My partner plays them and sponsored me for the day and i have never been so more impressed with a lower shelf ball...

at 15 bucks a pop, you cant mess with it.

Say what you want.... thats a good ball.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Its the ball of choice among Americans that play golf believe it or not....Top Flite is played by most golfers in the USA

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Its the ball of choice among Americans that play golf believe it or not....Top Flite is played by most golfers in the USA

can you quit talking about golf balls... its like me talking about rocket science.....

its the americans choice based on price point if anything, not performance and the performance is what impressed me so much.

In my Bag:

Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

O yea--then the D2 is the cornerstone of both variables---its cheap,soft distance

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I would like to see your sources and marketing data to back up this claim.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would like to see your sources and marketing data to back up this claim.

Here--i sucessfully backed up my claim

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...29/ai_89808328

I could care less about top flight in general. This thread was about the D2 Feel and how good it is for a lower shelf ball.

I liked it a lot.

In my Bag:

As for the article claiming that the Top Flite is the most played ball in North America, I think that must be taking range balls into consideration. I think every range I go to uses Top Flite, but I very rarely find them on the course.

As for the D2 Feel, I will definitely give it a shot next time I'm strapped for cash.
In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

Here--i sucessfully backed up my claim

Seriously, an article from 2002? Yes, I know at one time, Top Flite was the #1 PRODUCER of golf balls. Which is not the same as your claim of "

Its the ball of choice among Americans that play golf believe it or not....Top Flite is played by most golfers in the USA" . Since then they went belly-up and were purchased by Callaway Golf in 2003. Keep looking, your "claim" is still bogus. As for the OP and finding an inexpensive ball that he likes, sweet. More money for greens fees.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

As for the article claiming that the Top Flite is the most played ball in North America, I think that must be taking range balls into consideration. I think every range I go to uses Top Flite, but I very rarely find them on the course.

For real... Give it a shot, you'll be pleased im sure. I normally play Cally HX HOT or Cally HX Tour 56's. I have played other "top of the line" balls too, so I know what I like and what im after. I'll say this: This ball is more than decent, and at $15 per, makes it fantastic.

Sorry for the mad raves, but I shot 3 under my best of this season (last 2.5 mons in oregon) with these balls. the dimples are kinda funny though with all the rings inside them.

In my Bag:

Seriously, an article from 2002? Yes, I know at one time, Top Flite was the #1 PRODUCER of golf balls. Which is not the same as your claim of "

Top flight has normally sucked imo.....thats part of the reason I was so happy to eat crow on this one. #1 ball in golf will always be the big 3 (titleist,callwy,nike). not top flights.

Youre right.

In my Bag:

You liked them better than the HX hot?

What impressed you the most?

Hell I'll try some..$15 is cheap...I sometimes play w/ Snake eyes SDF balls...was told once they were the prototype of the burner ball...anyway 30 balls for $20 the Snake eyes are real nice balls

You liked them better than the HX hot?

honestly I like the HX Hots better than anything else, but honestly, the difference wasnt significant between the two. there was a difference, but like i said very subtle

to answer your question about what I liiked, its the "feel".... the ball is soft, so it acts great around the green and u can pull the string on it. but off the tee, it flys straight so its obviously not spinning at an off the chart rate as maybe a prov1 or softer ball may. thats what i liked the most.....a good balance.

In my Bag:

Well, I'm in the process of giving different balls a try, I might as well try these. Any word on compression rating? I like low-spin low-compression balls.

I played Top-Flite Stratas when I was beginning, since they were cheap. Then I got into Titleist HVCs, used, and so on to where I am now. But I'm willing to give Top-Flite a try if a sandtrapper thinks they're worth my time.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Well, I'm in the process of giving different balls a try, I might as well try these. Any word on compression rating? I like low-spin low-compression balls.

They are worth a shot...at their price, for sure worth a try. They are soft so you will get more spin than u might like but they dont spin as much as the other top of the line balls. I think they got a good balance between softness for spin around the green, but not enough to spin you off into a horrible slice or hook on drives, you know?

Top flight just came out with some new D2 styles too. Just saw today they have "the gamer" and "the freak". havent played them.

In my Bag:

This is for real....

The D2 Feel is a great ball. For the money it's an exceptional ball. It was my gamer most of the time all last season. I'm really looking forward to trying the new Top Flite Gamer ball, the recent Golf Magazine ball test issue rated it longer and higher in spin than a lot of much more expensive balls. Basically a D2 Feel with more spin and longer. It will still be a bargain at $20/doz. if they play they way the testers said they play.
As for the article claiming that the Top Flite is the most played ball in North America, I think that must be taking range balls into consideration. I think every range I go to uses Top Flite,

Maybe it's just the courses I play but I find lost Top Flites (usually some model of Top Flite XL) 3:1 or 4:1 over any other ball model. Of course that could also be because really bad golfers play the ol' Rock Flites and lose more of them.

As for the D2 Feels, give them a shot -- they are a very good ball. Also try the Gamer as well, word is they are even better and only slightly more expensive.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

The D2 Feel is a great ball. For the money it's an exceptional ball.

Im happy to hear you say this......i couldnt believe how good it was for the money that i began thinking it was a fluke.

dang it, thats a good ball. The gamer sounds like my next trial ball. thanks for the 411 on it.

In my Bag:

Off the putter, I really love the D2 Feel also. I'm waiting for the snow to melt (again) to give them a whack. There are other threads giving it great reviews too.

BTW, around here we pay $20 greens fees and probably 25% of the balls out there are Top Flite. Basic Economics: lower cost = higher demand. Of course, we also sometimes use pull carts and iron covers.

driver: G10 draw 9 degrees
hybrids DWS 16 and 20 degrees
irons: x-16 3-pw
wedges: 588 RTG 51, 56 & 60
putter: Heavy Putter B3-Mball: hx tour (I'll switch after I lose these)

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!