IGNORED

Ping G10 Driver !

Note: This thread is 5880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I'm about to buy the new G10 driver, but as I live in Belgium and I'm ordering at golfsmith.com, I didn't get the chance to get fitted.
I hit my Taylormade V-steel 3 wood over 220 yards, but with no roll at all.
Which loft and shaft would you guys recommend? And no I don't know my swing speed but everyone tells me I swing it pretty fast.

Thanks!!

G10 driver 9° TFC / stiff
V-Steel 3 wood 15° /stiff
Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°
Karsten B60 Hoofer Stand Bag 2008

Can you not go to a pro in Belguim and get fitted, then order the right spec from golfsmith?

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Hi,
It would probably be difficult to recommend a shaft for you personally - What worked best for me was the stock TFC-129 stiff shafts, with 10.5* loft. My swing speed was averaging between 96-98, and that combination gave me the straightest flight/traj, with the lowest spin. Regular flex shafts typically work best for me, and my driver swing speed does fall between the regular/stiff range. But in this case, with the G10 in particular, there was no comparison between the two.

I REALLY dig this driver, by the way! If it's possible to do some sort of comparison, it would definitely be a benefit to you. Best of luck.
Scope

Its very hard to buy the latest and greatest and have whatever you buy remain the latest and greatest for long.

The PING Rapture driver is a G-10 on steriods; try it before you buy the G-10.
However, the G-10 is getting some great reviews.

I also noticed that TaylorMade now has a new driver called the "Beast" that apparently supercedes the SuperQuad, R7, R7 Draw, Burner and Burner Draw drivers. But apparently, the "Beast" is so new no one has tested it.

I'm a bit afraid to try the G-10 or the Rapture driver as I have spent about $2,000 on TM woods in the last year and another $1,500 on PING irons and I haven't gotten fully accustomed to either yet. Thus far though, I am very happpy with both selections.

One thing I hear over and over is that once a golfer finds a brand of clubs that works well for him (or her) they tend to stick to that brand for life. I have played PING irons now for over 30 years and Taylor Made woods for about 35 years. I keep trying others, but they just don't work for me.

I played a 8.5 degree loft and stiff shafts when I was younger. I now use a 10.5 degree loft and regular graphite shaft, and with newer equipment hit the ball just as far as ever and lot more consistently straight.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

If it's coming by courier, you'll get hit with tax (being in the EU). Anytime I get stuff from the States and it's come by courier it's happened to me.

Unless it's a huge difference in price - stay local! Or at least stay in the EU.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Thanks for the advice guys

Mrobbie, yes ofcourse I can get fitted by a pro, but at my home club they're changing the driving range , and it will take till may before it's allowed to use drivers again.
And since they stole my previous driver and I have none atm, I don't want to miss my driver in the beginning of the season!

And hawkye, I guess I'm a lucky guy then, I ordered once at golfsmith and once at tgw.com and always only had to pay shipping costs... I'm gonna risk it again cause the dollar is so low :) !

Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°

Its very hard to buy the latest and greatest and have whatever you buy remain the latest and greatest for long.

I am still not sure whether to go with the Burner or G10, but if the Beast would come out, I guess I'll go with the G10... unless it's coming out soon ofcourse ;)

Carbon CB 3 - PW / stiff
Vokey Spin Milled 56°

I can't recommend a specific shaft for you but I can share some information I've gathered over the many day's I have spent reading G10 reviews. Every review, consistently, has said the G10 launch's the ball REALLY REALLY high.... so when picking your shaft/loft combo, keep that in mind! Best of luck :)

In the Grom bag:

Driver: G5 9* Aldila NV65
Irons: I-3 O-size
SW: cg14 56*Putter: Marilyn

I got fitted on a launch monitor and got a G10. I hit a stupidly low ball, but was very surprised by the results. I swing a driver at about 105 MPH with a smooth slow tempo. Knowing I hit a low ball, I was fitted and decided that a 12 degree head worked well. What surprised me was the shaft that I ended up with. I hit ever shaft, a V2, ProLaunch Blue, Aldila NV, Ping stock shafts,as well as a Diamana White Board. The shaft that worked best for me was a Grafaloy ProLaunch Red in a stiff flex. What is weird about this is that it's a low-launching shaft, for a penetrating ball flight. My old driver was a Ping G10 with a 10 degree head and a stock TFC shaft. I was straighter with the new shaft and was launching it 4 degrees higher and flying the ball 9 yards farther in the air. the biggest surprise for me that with the stiff shaft my swing speed actually increased up to 108 MPH and my ball speed was up to 162 MPH.

Take it for what it's worth, but it might be worth the wait to get fitted, rather than throwing your money away to buy a driver fast, like I did.

Just my 2 cents..

Note: This thread is 5880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!