IGNORED

Eagles!?!?!

Borf
Note: This thread is 5517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you eagle?

• Never
    • 1 in a lifetime
    • 1 in a year
    • 2,3,4,5 + a year
    • 10+ a year

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I lowered my handicap to the point where I could get close enough to a green to make an Eagle, I started by holeing out from the fairway, then I started chipping them in from around the green and from the fringe. Lately, I have been lucky enough to actually hit a green in 2 and make the put. I have missed my share of Eagle putts, but I have also made a few.

It's what keeps you coming back!!!

Missed two legit chances today. Drove a par 4 (had 15 mph wind with me), two putt birdie from 18'. Then I went Driver (340), 8 iron (170) to a 510 yard par 5 (w/maybe 20 mph wind) and two putted from 20'.

eagleless on the year still. It's getting to annoying.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

i hit 10 plus at my home course. a par 5 that can be reached in 2. i just have to get it over the trees & houses on my drive and im golden because it is a dogleg to the right. usually u hit it foward. then 2 shots up. but if you cut the corner you can get on the green in 2.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've only had two lifetime where I actually putted it in for eagle. I seem to chip in or hole out from the fairway once a year for eagle. My ball striking is MUCH better than my short game. It bugs me because it is great when I practice. I just can't take it to the course.

Oh, I did have my first (I say that like it might happen again - NOT!) Albatross a couple weeks ago. Holed out from 231.

-Nick

I've only had one eagle. Now I've only been playing seriously for a few years, and have just gotten to a point where I can have opportunities. I've made the green in two several times on par 5's, but couldn't convert the putt.

However, the one time I did get an eagle was at a 520 yard, dogleg right, par 5 at my home course. The only way for me to get a shot at the green in 2 is to have the tee shot cut the corner over some large oak trees. Then the next shot is about 220 to 230 yards out with a pond that splits the fairway (which really doesn't come in to play) and a large bunker system guarding the front right of the green (which definitely comes in to play).

I hit the drive off the tee perfectly: cutting the corner, avoiding the trees, and landing right in the middle of the fairway. The second shot was a 3W for me, which landed just off the left side of the green in the rough. From there I was able to hit a decent pitch shot that just tracked in to the hole for eagle. I yelled pretty loud after that, which was kinda embarassing since a twosome was on the next tee box about 50 yards from the green I was on. I apologized for the outburst, and they just laughed and said 'nice shot'. I love this game.

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

• 2 months later...

Made my first eagle of the year today! Nothing like waiting until the end of October to get one. 490 yard par 5 straight, downwind - hit a huge driver to 160 out (I realize that equates to a 330 yard drive, which is impossible according to most people here ). Hit a perfect 8 iron on a line to the hole, landed twelve feet short of the pin and rolled to three feet. Made the three footer center cut, but was super nervous about it.

i've had two in my life - one i have a hard time counting because it was such a short par 4. the hole was only like 230 yards. i drove it to the green with a 3 wood and then 1-putted. the eagle that i really count and am proud of was a 330 yard par 4 where i drove the ball just shy of 300 yards . my second shot, i took a nice soft pitch that landed on the green and rolled about 10-12 feet straight into the cup.

I had none prior to this year and had three this year. All Par 5s, a chip in from under a tree was my first. On the fringe in two and made the putt. And then a driver, five iron to 3 feet. That one was sweet because it was with the group of guys that I play with consistently and won me the years largest $, a whole ten dollars.

Never had an eagle. I just don't hit it far enough to plausibly reach the green in 2 on a par 5. I've actually been on the putting surface once for eagle on a par 5 at my local course, but I was about 35-feet away. Missed the eagle putt and the corresponding birdie putt. Dammit I was pissed after that one.

Driver: 907 D2 10.5 - Diamana Blue 65 Shaft
3-Wood: 906 F4 15.5 - Graphite Design YS-6+ Shaft
5-Wood: 906 F4 18.5 - Diamana Blue 75 Shaft
Irons: Rac TP CB Irons; 5.0 Flighted Rifle Shafts, 1 degree flat.
Wedges: Rac TP Black 52:08; 56:12Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 - 35"B...

• 4 months later...
Made my first eagle of '09 today. #8 at Alvamar public 471 yard par 5 right angle dog leg left. (250 to the dogleg, 220 up a hill to the green. I hit a huge drive and turned it over perfectly, cutting the corner, but ran through the fairway. I was 160 to the pin (uphill) and hit a perfect 7 iron right at it. I had a 10 footer with a slight break to the left. Rolled it in center cut.

I am 0/4 in eagle putts in my golf lifetime. Considering I started playing in August 08, I think stastically, I'll get one sooner or later.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I've got 3 lifetime.

#1. A hole out with my 7 iron.
#2. Driver, Punch 7i out of the trees, 8' Putt
#3. Driver, 52* Wedge, 20' Putt.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

made my fourth last week, 3 have been on the same hole, a 500 yard par-5 that usually plays downwind. Last week, driver, 8-iron was enough to leave me with a 15 footer. Pretty sure that previously on the same hole I've needed a hybrid to get home, so you have an idea how strong the wind can play at my course.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

I've got 3 lifetime.

what the hell kind of short holes were you playing on #2 and #3.

I have had 3 putts at one so far this year... missed all by a fair bit. On a 280y par 4 I hit the pin with my second from a greenside bunker... hopefully my first of the year will be soon. Also had one rolling RIGHT at the hole on a par 3 but stop 1 foot short (pretty sure that eagle will never happen for me ).
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I've gotten very close to getting eagles, such as driving the green on a par 4, on in two on a par 5, etc. I've never made the eagle putt, but I almost always get the birdy.
Still waitin' on that first eagle...

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!