IGNORED

Most comfortable golf shoes??

Note: This thread is 3460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tried most every brand out there but on a trip to the Far East picked up a pair of Mizuno "Wave" shoes. Supremely comfy and lightweight.

Golf shoes, in general, are the comfiest shoes available! I think a lot of it comes down to style, I'd love to try these TRUE shoes but they look awful! And I don't like plasticky looking one piece shoes, they look like verrucas socks! I just wanna leather shoe the looks like a shoe or a smart sneaker at least!

Gaz Lee

Golf shoes, in general, are the comfiest shoes available! I think a lot of it comes down to style, I'd love to try these TRUE shoes but they look awful! And I don't like plasticky looking one piece shoes, they look like verrucas socks! I just wanna leather shoe the looks like a shoe or a smart sneaker at least!

The newer models are less "clown-y" than the originals. I have the original, full-on clown show model and I love it in all it's clownish glory but it's not for everyone!

The stealth is very sedated and the PHX is similar looking to Running SHOE style golf shoes. Not sure if the PHX is available in a more "manly" colour.

EDIT* just went to their website, their new Gents Wingtips are very nice:

http://www.truelinkswear.com/shop/mens/gent-wingtip/true-gent-wingtip-chocolate-tan.html

As are the the Vegas:

http://www.truelinkswear.com/shop/mens/vegas/true-vegas-black-grey-black.html

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Adidas Golf shoes are the most comfortable shoe I ever wore. They are badass, and the spikes are great, no slipping.

http://www.adidas.com/us/men-s-golf/_/N-u2Z1z13w6g

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

The newer models are less "clown-y" than the originals. I have the original, full-on clown show model and I love it in all it's clownish glory but it's not for everyone! [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/94634/] [/URL] The stealth is very sedated and the PHX is similar looking to Running SHOE style golf shoes. Not sure if the PHX is available in a more "manly" colour. EDIT* just went to their website, their new Gents Wingtips are very nice: [URL=http://www.truelinkswear.com/shop/mens/gent-wingtip/true-gent-wingtip-chocolate-tan.html]http://www.truelinkswear.com/shop/mens/gent-wingtip/true-gent-wingtip-chocolate-tan.html[/URL] As are the the Vegas: [URL=http://www.truelinkswear.com/shop/mens/vegas/true-vegas-black-grey-black.html]http://www.truelinkswear.com/shop/mens/vegas/true-vegas-black-grey-black.html[/URL]

The stealth ones are best style I've seen so far,(for me) but I wasn't having a go at true, but all brands, most brands seem to make some quite loud futuristic looking shoes that look awful,(to me at least) I must be getting old! I just don't like shoes that appear to have been coloured on by a child! L

Gaz Lee

The stealth ones are best style I've seen so far,(for me) but I wasn't having a go at true, but all brands, most brands seem to make some quite loud futuristic looking shoes that look awful,(to me at least) I must be getting old! I just don't like shoes that appear to have been coloured on by a child! L

Check out the wing tips in my post, pretty sweet.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Check out the wing tips in my post, pretty sweet.

Now these I would try! Also living in the uk, we NEED substantial shoes, waterproof and well made from leather, our summer only lasts for three hours, I'll probably only get to use my spikless shoes once a year, but at least they'll last and I can pass them down to my son!

Gaz Lee

Have any of the True golf shoes users had any achilles or muscular issues due to the zero drop heel vs a traditional heel. I tried some minimalist running shoes, and I did have some problems.

I love my wide Callaway Del Mars

Driver: :cobra: Amp Cell Blue

Fairway: :cobra: Amp Cell 4 Wood

Hybrid: :cobra: Amp Cell 3H

Irons: :cobra: Amp Cell (4-GW)

Wedge: :titleist: Vokey SM4 60*

Putter: Seemore PCB - Nickel

Ball: :bridgestone: e6

I was in a store last year and saw these on sale for around $10. I didn't think I would like them but for that price I thought WTH I'll get them. Now my problem is that I can't find them anymore and they are definitely my favorite "golf shoes".

Have any of the True golf shoes users had any achilles or muscular issues due to the zero drop heel vs a traditional heel. I tried some minimalist running shoes, and I did have some problems.

That's a great question. Would like to hear the feedback as I'm interested in trying out a pair of True's this year. From what I've read there is an adjustment and I'm sure I'll feel it in the calf and foot muscles at first. Also curious how easily it is to switch back and forth between True and traditional heel shoes.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Well after years of traditionalist shoes a zero drop shoe, and a minimalist shoe will work out the muscles that you haven't used much of. Traditionalist shoes are all about support, but that support just weakens your feet. So when you go to a zero drop shoe, your Achilles will stretch more and your calf will stretch more because it's dropping more. This isn't anything different than if walking around barefoot. The problem is most people wear traditionalist shoes, even when they are inside their own homes.

I wouldn't call it an issue, its more that your feet haven't adapted to walking properly with out the overbearing supports of traditionalist shoes. For some it might be something were they have to bounce back and forth and slowly build up their own ankle and foot support. Others they might not have issues.

For me, I am a barefoot guy. I hated shoes and socks as a kid. So when I got inside, the shoes came off and I was running around barefoot all the time. So I never had any foot pain going to a zero drop shoe.

• Upvote 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Barefoot/minimalist shoes aren't a new thing. Anyone old enough to remember the dark ages of athletic shoes has run in Chuck Taylor style shoes. That's about as minimalist as it gets. And just sbout everybody has been wearing flat footed dress shoes in the professional world. But running and golf are very different activities.

Dave :-)

Barefoot/minimalist shoes aren't a new thing. Anyone old enough to remember the dark ages of athletic shoes has run in Chuck Taylor style shoes. That's about as minimalist as it gets. And just sbout everybody has been wearing flat footed dress shoes in the professional world. But running and golf are very different activities.

So what specifically makes zero drop shoes for golf bad then? At leas that is what I am getting from your post. That because golf isn't running it shouldn't have zero drop, or is it the other way around?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So what specifically makes zero drop shoes for golf bad then? At leas that is what I am getting from your post. That because golf isn't running it shouldn't have zero drop, or is it the other way around?

I don't think zero drop shoes are bad for golf, don't think they're bad for anything. Zero drop is more or less a marketing term used to describe running shoes. It only became necessary because some had become literally high heeled sneakers. I suppose if the person had a pre-existing foot problem and usually wears special shoes they should ask their podiatrist. Only brought up running because that is where the majority of injuries due to minimalist shoes occur. But minimalist and zero drop aren't the same thing, you can buy zero drop shoes with substantial soles and cushioning. Anyone in good enough health to golf probably doesn't have much to worry about choosing golf shoes other than what they like and what is comfortable. Being on primarily grass and walking is about as low impact as it gets.

Running shoes are different than golf shoes.  While zero drop running shoes are the rage, they aren't ideal for everyone.  If you are a large runner, or have more than a slight supination or pronation in your ankles when you run, you would likely benefit from shoes that provide the proper support.

I can't run in zero drop running shoes, my feet, ankles and knees get sore when the shoes don't correct for my moderate pronation.  I don't feel it on short runs, but at anything more than 8 miles I can definitely feel the pain.

I don't usually walk when I play golf so I'm not sure if zero drop golf shoes would cause me any pain if I did but they don't bother me when I rider.  I still prefer shoes that offer support and real cleats, especially when it's wet or muddy.

Joe Paradiso

The drop is just the difference between the heel and forefoot. There are a variety of zero and low drop designs out there now. People often confuse zero drop and minimalist, probably because nearly all if not all minimalist shoes are low drop. But there are definitely what is now being called maximalist zero drop shoes on the market. Some minimalist shoes offer good foot support just little cushioning. I wear the NB Minimus trail runners with Vibram soles. Falls into the minimalist category, nothing in the shoe but the shape and texture of the soles offers great arch support. Feels akin to the insoles I had to wear rehabbing from a foot injury. I ran 2.75 miles in those this AM. If I was going further I would have worn shoes that prevent fatigue with increased cushioning but still would have been low drop. My ASICS Gel Lyte 3's have 6mm drop but the soles are like walking on foam. Everything I've read suggests the most common injury from minimalist shoes is fractures.

Note: This thread is 3460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!