IGNORED

medicus driver and 5 iron

rs4duke
Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

has anyone had the oppurtunity to try either one of these and do they actually help?

In the Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 425 10.5
Woods: Taylormade Rescue Fairway #3
Irons: Taylormade Rac HT 3-PWWedges: Callaway Vintage Black 52 Top Flite 56 sandwedge Top Flite 60Putter: Taylormade Rosso Sport Marenello #2Ball: ...

• Administrator
We had the 5-iron in high school five years ago and it worked pretty well at helping you groove a good rhythm if nothing else. No "snappy" parts to your swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 months later...
I just watched an ad for the new driver on TGC. Made me want to buy this thing ASAP. My wife won't go for it, but the driver appears to have some very valid teaching capability. I was hoping someone here had experience with it. The 5-iron would probably help me, as well.

I've seen them a few times and played with them at the golf store. Never really got to swing it for any period of time though. Its been around for awhile and definitely looks like it has potential. There are also alot of imitations out there now. They say imitation is the best form of flattery so there may be something to it.

i've been looking at buying the 5 iron for some time now... when i first saw the infomercial, it looked like it would work and i haven't heard anything negative about it...

Driver: Taylormade R7 425, 9.5°
3-Wood: Taylormade R7 steel, 13.5°, Stiff
Irons: 3-5 Mizuno MP 30, 6-P Mizuno MP 32, Dynamic Gold Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 260.10, Cleveland Gun Metal 900 52
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio StainlessBall: Titleist Pro V1Bag: Mizuno AeroliteSocks: nikeGymb...

• 3 years later...
I bought the Medicus single hinge 5 iron many years ago. The worst problem was that the takeaway had to be too slow to keep it from breaking, even after I tightened the hinge as much as possible. It never broke at any other point, even though I was a 25 hcp at the time. I think it requires the grip to be close to neutral and a 90 degree rotation in the backswing. It had a flat lie angle. I put a 2 inch extension on it so the lie angle would fit me.
It's just gathering dust now. It never helped me any. I have not tried the dual hinge.

has anyone had the oppurtunity to try either one of these and do they actually help?

I had the dual hinge ones and I thought they were pretty good as a teaching aid. I'd look for a used one on ebay.

I got the driver....I could swing that thing all day and not break the hinge(s), but it does nothing for the 'real' swing. Once the user rotates the forearms immediately on the backswing, it wont break and one manipulate the club thru the downswing as well to finish w/no break in the hinge. Now, if one uses that same swing pattern in the course, it just dosent work. On the other hand, my BIL, who has never swung a club was here playing w/it and couldn't do anything to NOT break the hinges, back or thru. Morale of the story, it for PURE BEGINNERS to establish a swing.

i've been looking at buying the 5 iron for some time now... when i first saw the infomercial, it looked like it would work and i haven't heard anything negative about it...

i bought the refiner driver and 5i a couple years ago. i used it a couple times and it fixed my swing. i'm willing to sell them if anyone's interested.

In My Bag:
Driver: ERC Fusion 10* stiff
3W: Big Bertha Fusion 13* stiff
5W: Big Bertha 2004 15* firm
7W: Big Bertha 2004 21* firm3H: IHS 20* med firm4H: IHS 23* med firm5I-PW: IHS reg steelAW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 52* SW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 56*LW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 60*LW: FX 64*

If you decide to buy the Medicus Driver or 5 iron on Ebay or Craigslist - BUYER BEWARE!! You may not get the bonuses and shipping time could take forever.

Also, if you have order issues with any of these non Medicus Golf Sites, are you confident they will be resolved in a timely manner??...

I got one on ebay used for like 40 bucks when i was first starting to get serious and it really helped my rhythm, and also to understand where my swing plane needs to be at. But the best thing it helps with is the transition from back swing to down swing where so many people have a hitch where the club comes off angle, its a really good learning tool and i highly recommend it.

i have the 5 iron.. it really does help

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

• 1 month later...
When I first took group lessons (twice/week for 6 weeks), the instructor had the medicus 5 iron laying around and I rarely was able to get to the top of my back swing w/o breaking it. He didn't push it as a training aid though, preferring to correct us on the fly. Wonder if I could swing it now. Been looking on ebay for a used one too, but not very hard.

I have owned the 5-iron for some years now. I use it often to help me get my swing back on track when things go awry.

It works for me...bet it would work for you too.

Wayne Hudler is an avid golfer of more than 30 years and golf writer.

He partners with Dooley Duffer over at Dooley Duffer Golf. They have created a place where ordinary golfers (we affectionately call them duffers) can get the help they need to improve their games like we did. Become the player...

• 8 months later...
Today I was messing around with this Medicus 5 iron I got on ebay and found that if I fan the club open on the takeaway, I can reverse pivot, jump backwards and shift my weight to my right side, and not break the club... Hmm...

We had the 5-iron in high school five years ago and it worked pretty well at helping you groove a good rhythm if nothing else. No "snappy" parts to your swing.

ok, ive never been that good at math, but you posted this in 2005. youre 32 now, so that would have made you 27 then, and you said 5 years previous you had it in high school? a 22 year old high school student? what were you, a super super super super senior? lol, JK erik!

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought the medicus clubs last year and got limited benefit personally (aside from making me realize how fast my takeaway was). My girlfriend on the other hand...has been swinging the driver and even though it's way too long for her...it's helped her establish a much better tempo on takeaway and she's cracking drives pretty consistently now.

Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!