IGNORED

Houston Open!!

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 5856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How about Geoff Ogilvy. -4 Through 5 Holes! And hes in my fantasy! Woo hoo.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Hoffman is 6 under through 10..if he starts putting well-hes tough to beat

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

My fantasy team is at 9 under for ESPN BB.

Still, this should be exciting.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not going but I played the course a few weeks back, it is beautiful. Shot 40-46-86 from the 7200 yard tees. Weren't allowed to use the pro tees for obvious reasons. The course was in absolutely amazing condition. Pretty cool teeing off with grandstands around you!

$120 gets you on with a Forecaddie. Oh, and plus $20 tip.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

There is a good bunch of players in the top 30 headed in to the final round- Phil Mickelson, Davis Love, JM Olazabal ( who ive been very impressed with considering how little he has played), Steve Elkington.

Not going but I played the course a few weeks back, it is beautiful. Shot 40-46-86 from the 7200 yard tees. Weren't allowed to use the pro tees for obvious reasons. The course was in absolutely amazing condition. Pretty cool teeing off with grandstands around you!

Hey Amen,

Was it you that said Redstone was closed after the Open for resodding?

does the winner get into the masters??? i thought that the rules were changed so that the winner does get in, but a lot of people are saying they don't

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

It's not on TV today dang it! I was going to go, but we just didn't

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

does the winner get into the masters??? i thought that the rules were changed so that the winner does get in, but a lot of people are saying they don't

They've been saying on TV that the winner does get in. It might just be that winning would put you in the top 50 in ranking, I dunno.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Hey Amen,

Yeah, that was me. They closed on March 22nd for 57 days I think.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

The rule was changed this year to allow the winner of the Houston Open (if he wasn't already qualified that is) an invitation to The Masters. From 1999 to 2007, this wasn't the case, but it's a good change. Wagner won a tournament with a very solid field, and he deserves his spot at Augusta.

As for the Houston Open in general, I was very impressed this year. The course was in phenomenal shape, and it was a tough test for the field. It didn't seem to set the guys up for The Masters as much as the media were saying, but it was still a very nice setup. The field was very strong as well, and I'm sure that will continue in the future.

Congrats to Johnson Wagner for the win. I had him on my radar a year or so ago, and I'm glad to see him cash in.

Hoffman is 6 under through 10..if he starts putting well-hes tough to beat

I know I'm a bit late on this thread, but oh well. I played with Charley Hoffman in the Wednesday Pro-Am out at Redstone for the Houston Open. He was telling me that he just switched putters this week because his putting has been horrible so far this year. He has two Scotty Cameron Red X3 mallet putters; one light and one heavy. He's been using the light one all year so far and switched to the heavier one this week just to change things up. I guess it was a change for the better.

• Administrator
I know I'm a bit late on this thread, but oh well. I played with Charley Hoffman in the Wednesday Pro-Am out at Redstone for the Houston Open. He was telling me that he just switched putters this week because his putting has been horrible so far this year. He has two Scotty Cameron Red X3 mallet putters; one light and one heavy. He's been using the light one all year so far and switched to the heavier one this week just to change things up. I guess it was a change for the better.

He was putting on Sunday with a non Red X putter. He had the "Fat Square" (or whatever it's called) putter on Sunday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He was putting on Sunday with a non Red X putter. He had the "Fat Square" (or whatever it's called) putter on Sunday.

Are you sure about that? I know he was using a Red X3 on Wednesday and atleast during the first two rounds (didn't catch much of the last two rounds). He said the only custom feature he had on it was that he had a line milled on the topline of the putter to correspond with the line he draws on his ball.

• Administrator
Are you sure about that?

Absolutely. Was shown on TV several times. Had the three red cherry dots in the back side of the face and everything.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Absolutely. Was shown on TV several times. Had the three red cherry dots in the back side of the face and everything.

Seeing as he had the line milled on the topline, he could have had them put the three dots on it instead of "Cameron" or the Red "X" logo?

All I know is that the putter I held in my hand that he was using on Wednesday was a Scotty Cameron mallet putter.

Note: This thread is 5856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!