IGNORED

Best equipment purchase... EVER!?

Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wanted to see what club you purchased that has surpassed your expectations on your shots and helped your overall confidence and has become a staple club in your bag.

Mine is currently my 3 hybrid... it's so consistent that I have started to tee off on a lot of the par 4's knowing that i'll have a great chance for a birdie putt after my approach shot.

Driver: G10 9* Matrix Ozik XCON6
Woods: i15 15.5*S UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red
Hybrids: i15 23*S UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red; i15 23* UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red
Irons: S57 5-PW DG S300
Wedges: Vintage Tour 52*; :eidolon: 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport 2

Oh thas easy. The 51 degree Mizuno MPT forged wedge I recently got. I can hit it 105 full, and can control it to where I can hit it 90-100 also. Never had a forged wedge and it just feels amazing. I try to leave about 90-100 yards now on every hole I can.

My home course is Northwest and I usually play in the area municipal courses and on occassion I pony up and pay to play in some of the nicer ones.

Hybrids: i15 23*S UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red; i15 23* UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red

I am going to say my 5-wood. It is the most consistent club for me and the most versatile. I can use it from the tee, from the rough, fairway and I hit it 220. It is also the only club in my bag that I can put a draw on.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Nice course - from the blues it looks like a very healthy yardage... surprised the rating and slope are so low on there. Can you cut the corners (over the trees) on some of those longer holes?

Also, on second thought, my most consistent club has been and probably will always be my old old 300 tour tm 3w. my go to club when i can't get off the tee - which is plenty of times...

Wannabe, you can definitely cut some corners over trees if you can manage a higher trajectory tee shot. Overall, it's a very feel good course with very wide and forgiving fairways. Where do you usually play?

I live in NoVa, so I usually play either Fairfax National or Penderbrook (I am never going there again though - sooo crowded). I played quite a few courses in NoVa though and really liked Stonewall --- it's just wayyyy too expensive.

Come June if you or I go to each other's backyards let's tee it up! :)

i am going to be specific--the best purchase that i believe --is the Adams Golf Tom Watson wedge set--the wedges provide more release than the average wedge--fantastic price--one of the best buys equipment wise

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I am going to say my 5-wood. It is the most consistent club for me and the most versatile. I can use it from the tee, from the rough, fairway and I hit it 220. It is also the only club in my bag that I can put a draw on.

Me too!

well, except for the hitting it 220 part. Hell, I'd be happy if I consistently hit my driver that far. But I love my 5 wood and find it FAR easier to hit than any hybrid I've ever tried.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Administrator
Does training equipment count? Because if so, the Z-Factor wins for me, hands down.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does training equipment count? Because if so, the Z-Factor wins for me, hands down.

That looks like a really useful trainer... but $300? Wow. I just checked ebay and couldn't find a single one, so I guess people are usually pretty satisfied with their purchase. I wonder if someone makes a less expensive clone?

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Administrator
That looks like a really useful trainer... but $300? Wow. I just checked ebay and couldn't find a single one, so I guess people are usually pretty satisfied with their purchase. I wonder if someone makes a less expensive clone?

It's well worth it. Let's get back on topic now... Feel free to start up a "Z-Factor" thread if you want.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My irons or my putter. Both were pretty cheap and are going to be in the bag for a long time

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Same here - I got a TW Nike hat and it allows me to hit a stinger off the tee whenever summoned...hehe

Really, tho - my 54* Cleveland is probably my choice....sooo versatile :)

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Im going to go with my titliest 695cb irons. My game really took off when i started using those clubs. I was shooting in the high 80's low 90's before I owned them, and within 2 months of working with them at the range and playing I broke 80 for the first time - and went after on to shoot 6 strait rounds in the 70's. That is where I shoot most of the time today. I think the clubs had alot to do with me adjusting to make a proper swing. I will probalby replace them at some point, but ill never get rid of them.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!