IGNORED

How Do You Track Your Stats?

Javaman
Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I too use oobgolf.com! Pretty slick system especially if you use it on your iphone - you can automatically upload from your iphone to oobgolf. Simple as total score or more detailed fairways hit, putts, bunkers, club used off tee, penalties etc. And it graphs your previous scores if you have history on the same course. And gives you a handicap which is almost identical to my GHIN index.

How do you use your iphone with it, just going to the website on it or is there an app?

Bag- Sun Mountain Superlite 3.5
Driver- TaylorMade R9 Supertri

3 Wood- TaylorMade R5-80XL

Hybrid- Titleist 585h 19 and 21
Irons- Titleist AP2 710 5-PW

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM60.04 and SM 54.14

Putter- Antigua

"He who rules the short game wins the gold"

Such a good idea! Im gunna try to make my own version using excell, maybe find one on the internet I can use to start me off. My problem is that I usually only play 9 holes, so I dont really know on how to go about recording this... My front 9 is 35, but 18 is 71, so I really cant just double if I wanna be accurate.

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

• 2 years later...

I'm curious because I take it to the extreme...LOL

I keep individual hole-by-hole stats.  I can tell you my FIR, GIR, scrambling%, sand save %, putts in GIR, average putts, and scoring average for each individual hole I've played in 2011.  And of course from that, I get my overall averages.  It's pretty eye-opening......

How many of you do this too?.....if even to a lesser extent?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I'm curious because I take it to the extreme...LOL

I keep individual hole-by-hole stats.  I can tell you my FIR, GIR, scrambling%, sand save %, putts in GIR, average putts, and scoring average for each individual hole I've played in 2011.  And of course from that, I get my overall averages.  It's pretty eye-opening......

How many of you do this too?.....if even to a lesser extent?

Me too. I have been keeping my stats since 2004. I track almost everything they track on the PGA Tour except driving distance and stats where you need the help of Shotlink to do it properly!

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

I've got this: http://jamo1358.webs.com/index.html

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can do it on my GPS program or on golflink (handicap website). I did it for a little while, but I cant be bothered anymore. Its not hard for me to know if Im not hitting fairways or enough GIR or putting poorly. I dont need a stat staring at me making me feel even worse about it.

i am going to start keeping track of putts drives and regulations with my Golfshot program on my phone

Mike Mayorga

Driver Nike Machspeed Black Round 9.5° Stiff

Irons Cobra SS Forged 3-PW

Putter Scotty Cameron Futura

• Administrator

I do. Duh. :-)

http://cynicalpeak.com/scorecard/

http://erik.barzeski.com/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by mymizunosrock

I dont need a stat staring at me making me feel even worse about it.

I know what you are saying, but it's putting a number to it that helps you compare from month-to-month and year-to-year. It should also help you drive your practice sessions so you can concentrate on the weakest parts of your game. I sometimes fall into the trap of practicing what I like, rather than what I should be practicing.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by iacas

I do. Duh. :-)

http://erik.barzeski.com/

You don't play a lot of golf these days, do you?! Or do you just not enter all your rounds?

I have been tracking mine all year.

However now that winter is almost here and we have moved onto fairway mats, winter tees and no doubt in the near future winter greens I am going to stop and restart in the spring.

I think stat tracking becomes necessary when you're at a standard where you need to find areas to drop strokes. I think when your a high/mid capper there's not as much need because frankly we need to be working on a better general swing and the areas that obviously let us down.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I count GIR's and fairways hit. I can tell after a round which part of my game let me down. Usually its missing 8-10 footers for birdie.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I track it using on my scorecard and then transfer it to Scorecard when I get home.  I don't track distances though.

I can remember almost every shot and lie from a round and can walk through the round in my head after.  Does anyone else do this or am I just odd?

I think if you want to improve, you need to keep your stats

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I can remember almost every shot and lie from a round and can walk through the round in my head after.  Does anyone else do this or am I just odd?

I'm the same. I don't think about my stats until I sit down in front of my PC when I get home. Even if I played Monday through Sunday, I'd still be able to remember every shot from the 7 rounds when I sat down at the end of the week to enter my stats.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

You don't play a lot of golf these days, do you?! Or do you just not enter all your rounds?

I enter virtually all of my rounds. So that answers that, right? ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My stats link is in my signature.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!