IGNORED

Callaway x-forged vs Cleveland cg14 vs Titleist spin milled

Note: This thread is 5817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone had any experiences with these three wedges? They all have grooves bigger then conventional grooves, and I wonder if that actually makes a difference on the amount of spin. Thanks.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

i have 3 cg14's a 52, 56 and 60 all 2 dots of bounce. they have a pretty good feel however these are my first wedges so i cannot compare. although buying them will not disapoint you. the grooves do not relly chew balls. they may after a round or so, scratch soft balls but nothing serious. i'd see if you can test them then maybe buy off ebay like i did. i picked up all three for 250 AUD. good considering at my local pro shop they were selling one for 188 AUD

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I have 2 Titleist Spin Milled wedges and i gotta say, when they are new they spin like crazy and they destroy my prov1s really fast. I have not tried the other wedges although i know the cleveland cg12 also spin alot, i got a cleveland cg12 gap 52* and sometimes i actually struggle the spin when the pin is at the back of the green.
When i buy new wedges i definatly go Titleist vokey all the way, they just work the magic for me.

greetings
In The Bag
Driver:............. Sasquatch sumo2
Woods:.......... Ignite
Irons: ......... CG Gold
wedges:.. . vokey SM 60.04, 56.10 Oil-Can and Cg12 52.10 Putter:..... Craz-EBall:.... pro v1 and HX hotA young low budget...

What? No love for the x-forged? Also, I was hoping for some side by side comparisons by people who have tried two or three.

Driver r7 460 10.5*

Has anyone had any experiences with these three wedges? They all have grooves bigger then conventional grooves, and I wonder if that actually makes a difference on the amount of spin. Thanks.

I have tried all 3 plus the CG12.

The CG14's were the best all round, my eyes and heart couldn't deal with the fact that it had an insert.... Thye are just so easy to hit, great for the bunker, apply ample spin and do not shred balls. They are not good for opening the face of the club in tight lies. Neither are the CG12's unless you get the dsg's. For this reason I got the C-Grind for my lob. It allows for a really open face but gives me the bounce I need for the normal shots. These rip up the balls... majorly... it's a good thing that i don't full swing my wedges... (I always 3/4 swing the wedge above it, gives me good accuracy). My dad has two SM's. 60* and 56*. They feel great and apply great spin on 1/2 swings (better than the CG's) but it gets excessive on 3/4 to full swings... (sucks back 5-10 yards if you're not careful) They also destory balls. I found the CG12/14's to be easier out of the bunker and rough due to the heavier head weight. There's a reason why Golf Mag and Rankmark (something like that) and GD have the top award to the CG14. If you can get past the fact that it's got an insert... they're a good logical choice.

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

What? No love for the x-forged? Also, I was hoping for some side by side comparisons by people who have tried two or three.

all three wedges mentioned are good ones. the new x-forged have the MD grooves and PM Grind, and they work, but they also tear up the ball. ive demoed them and they are really good clubs. i have the x-tours which are a year older, and they are not much different except for the bigger grooves. i think either three of these are top quality clubs that you wont be dissappointed with.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I play vokeys, but the CG 12's I heard were a little crisper (only demo'd them) and the X-forged were the softest of the bunch (friend has one, try it out every once and awhile). In order or ball destruction Mack daddy grooves destroy balls, then the titleist will ruin them for a couple weeks, and never saw anything go wrong with the CG12, spin runs in the same order. There is such a thing as too much spin, I would try to Demo them all on grass (and sand if possible) to determine what you want. Non spin milled vokeys are good, as are the X forged without the mack daddy grooves.

I have the cg14 and the Vokey 200 series... I definitely think the cg14's are better and I plan on getting rid of the Vokey... but that's just for me.

One thing I've learned with golf equipments is that the best equipment for you is rarely, if ever, the one you plan on buying. Don't make the mistake of buying an equipment because you wanted the equipment to be the best for you. Be open minded and TRY THE EQUIPMENTS OUT. I can't stress the importance of this. All 3 of them are great wedges but each of them is reliable for different people.

Driver: Sasquatch Sumo - UST Proforce V2
18* Hybrid: G10 - UST V2 High Launch
22* Hybrid: Hi-Bore XL
Irons (4-PW): Fusion
56*: CG1460*: Vokey 260Putter: Studio Design #5Ball: Soft Feel

Does the color cg14 black pearl wedges rust off like the darker options from the other companies? I like the looks of the darker wedges, but I hate the rust.

Driver r7 460 10.5*

I have tried all 3 plus the CG12.

Agreed on the spin milled vokeys. If you're a B or even a C player I would aviod the SM Vokeys and opt for the 200 series, espescially if you use a softer ball like prov1's or Nike platinums. On full swings the back spin the SM puts on the ball is rather ridiculous. It will screw up your coverages. But if you use a harder ball they might be fine.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

i've had the cg 14's for literally 6 weeks and there is that many scratches and marks on the face its not funny. it isn't showing signs of rust or anything unlike my last cheapo lob wedge which lost all its black colour after a cople of months of use.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!