IGNORED

Biggest jerk on the tour?

easygrip
Note: This thread is 831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK...back to the waitress being the best way to judge character... While on vacation with my mom, dad and sister. We stopped at a diner to order food and waitress brought our drinks. Mine had a piece of lettuce inside the glass, about half way down. We told the waitress about it and she preceded to stick her finger down the drink and fished out the lettuce....Wasn't going to bring a new drink or glass???

What do ya do....lol

Paul

OK...back to the waitress being the best way to judge character... While on vacation with my mom, dad and sister. We stopped at a diner to order food and waitress brought our drinks. Mine had a piece of lettuce inside the glass, about half way down. We told the waitress about it and she preceded to stick her finger down the drink and fished out the lettuce....Wasn't going to bring a new drink or glass???

What do ya do....lol

Paul

Wow! I think that waitress is a jerk! It she did that to me, I would have asked for a manager and talked to him about. I mean who does this stuff.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Jack ass...I did a 6 hour pro-am loop in a Hogan Tour event talks to me like I was his buddy...wait around while he hits balls long enough to miss the shuttle back to his hotel-I stupidly give him a ride then he writes me a check for $20 not even a thank you...I tell him the minimum set by the tournament was $25...he argues then reluctantly writes me a check for $25 acting like I was ripping him off...at the end of the 3rd round, after my guy missed the cut, Tryba comes walking up 18 and yells across the green to me "keep on drinkin!"  it was like wtf?  never even had a sip of a drink in front of him...

• 1 month later...

In contrast to what some people have said about Tiger... When I was 7 (13 now) at the Bridgestone Invitational tiger had just made a bogey on 3. After teeing off on 4 he walks down toward the fairway and little me says "Hey Tiger!" and Tiger says back "Whats up, little dude" it was one of the colest golf moments of my life

• Upvote 2

In contrast to what some people have said about Tiger... When I was 7 (13 now) at the Bridgestone Invitational tiger had just made a bogey on 3. After teeing off on 4 he walks down toward the fairway and little me says "Hey Tiger!" and Tiger says back "Whats up, little dude" it was one of the colest golf moments of my life

First of all, welcome to the SandTrap!! Nice to have a young 'un here. If that story is true, that's awesome. I have a huge man-crush on Tigs so that is phenomenal. Good for you, broseph.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two years ago when tiger was walking from 2 to 3 at sawgrass I said "nice shot" since he was literally 2 feet from me. He smiled, said thanks man....then pulled out of the tourney after 9 holes.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I've seen Tiger at a few tournaments and been pretty close to him and he seemed nice. I think he's pretty serious on the course but not a jerk unless you give him a reason to be...like snapping photos when you're not supposed to be or asking him dumb questions like the media tends to.

I've run into a couple jerks on Tour....Patrick Reed this past year at Bay Hill was very arrogant and mean to a kid in the crowd who I guess whispered in his backswing (I didn't hear it)....Billy Mayfair at the Valspar a couple years ago cursed out a lady marshall because she marked the flag in the wrong spot (2 feet from where it was supposed to be)....Davis Love III at the US Open at Pebble a few years ago was a bit of a jerk....mental images that really ruin the way you see these guys. I can never root for these guys again just because I have that image in my head of that mean face and the way they acted.

But then there's guys who impress you.....Zach Johnson was really cool at the Open a few years ago at Pebble...Angel Cabrera was just awesome...Jim Furyk, Ernie Els, Retief Goosen, Lee Westwood....all these guys were pretty stand up and cool when I've been up close with them the last few years.

Walked a Pro AM with Daly and his Caddy, he was really down to earth and laid back. Blake Adams has a Golf Academy at my local course, he will walk up and chit chat with you on a regular basis and give you pointers (really hope comes back from his hip injury and plays good).

Followed Russell Henley around on a Web.com event in Kansas City, he actually walked over and said hello and we talked briefly before his round (I had the "G" for Georgia logo on my shirt).   Hudson Swafford and Harris English are good guys, really, laid back southern guys.

The only "Jerk"... I was working security at the old Sarazen Open years ago, Tom Kite was playing in a Pro Am. The course was practically empty. This older guy, jokingly asked Kite how he liked his new glasses (just after he had Lasik eye surgery) while he was walking to a Tee box.  Kite just barked at him and said "Sir, can't you see I'm not wearing any glasses". That may not make him a Jerk, but he came across as one or not capable of understanding a lil sarcasm.

One other story that comes to mind (not a jerk story) I was a Deputy just northeast of Atlanta.  Dispatch called for a Med unit to an unresponsive 90 plus yr old male at a local Winery/Resort.  I was in the area and just went by to assist.  When I got there, it was Mr. Sarazen, he was actually ok, he had a lil to much Wine that night and the people there thought he had checked out.

One other thing, some of the best stories come from Caddies.  I was hanging out at the range at a Tournament, hardly anyone was in the bleachers.  Some of the Caddies would come up and grab a seat near me while waiting on their players, they were fun to talk to and had some great stories that you never hear.

One other thing, some of the best stories come from Caddies.  I was hanging out at the range at a Tournament, hardly anyone was in the bleachers.  Some of the Caddies would come up and grab a seat near me while waiting on their players, they were fun to talk to and had some great stories that you never hear.

If you can remember any and have the time...we'd love to hear um!

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Played with a walk-on a few years ago, a fairly decent stick. He mentioned playing with Travino in the past, and what an a**h*** he was. By around the 5th hole I realized just who the a**h*** was. I imagine Travino is adept at playing with amateurs and getting a decent personality read. He likely then pushed this guy to the limit just for fun.

Another fellow said Chi Chi wasn't the nice guy you see on TV. Possible I suppose.

A guy I know pretty well -- a really down-to-earth dude -- played the Tour for one year in the late '80s. He said back then, by far the biggest jerks were Lanny and Bobby Wadkins. Of course, he spent more time around them than most because lockers were arranged alphabetically (maybe they still are, I don't know) and this guy's last name also started with W.

He put up with Lanny's crap due to his stature, but one day Bobby pushed him too far and he said he told him, "Hey pal, I've got as many wins out here as you do (zero)."

The guy said Tom Watson was always great to him.

John

A 2nd hand non-jerk story, if you'll indulge me. Couple years ago my uncle was at Bay Hill, Saturday, I think. Tiger's walking between holes, head down. A lady in the crowd yells, "Tiger, you're the sharpest dressed guy out here!" Or something close. He looks up at her, tips his cap, smiles and says, "Thank-you ma'am." Thought that was purty cool.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Haven't read through all  19 pages so don't know if this one was said, but my friend swears the biggest D-Bag on tour is Gary Woodland. He's told me a couple stories. Like most on here, its 2nd and 3rd hand so who really knows.

Haven't read through all  19 pages so don't know if this one was said, but my friend swears the biggest D-Bag on tour is Gary Woodland. He's told me a couple stories. Like most on here, its 2nd and 3rd hand so who really knows.

Not sure what happened there, like you said 2nd and 3rd hand.

My personal experience with GW couldn't have been better. I met him at the Byron Nelson last year. He came up to the suite where we were watching, signed autographs for everyone, took pictures with anyone that wanted to and answered every question. Great experience for everyone there. Sorry your friend had a bad encounter.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately your opinion can be formed from seeing someone on a bad day.  I followed Hale Irwin for a few holes at the Western Open in the mid 80s.  He wasn't playing well that day and he was quick to lash out at anybody and everybody.  After a few holes of hearing him verbally attacking his caddy and members of the gallery, I decided he wasn't worth me watching ever again.  I might have just seen him at a low point, but his actions stuck with me and I still don't like the look of the guy.

Randal

Note: This thread is 831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!