IGNORED

How often and when should you re-grip?

twotacosfor99cents
Note: This thread is 5754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I regripped two years ago due to comfort issues with the orginal grips on my irons. I probably have a good 100 rounds on the new grips and there is no sign of any lack of grip or tearing etc. I say there should be pretty big gaps of time between regripping.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

I have never heard of re-gripping because your grips are too tacky. Grips tend to glaze over and get slick as they age. These grips are difficult to hold onto when you are swinging the club. You should re-grip at this point or if you want to switch to another type of grip. Re-gripping is very easy so I always do it myself. Most of my grips are at least five years old and still tacky so I do not plan on re-gripping any time soon. I will say, in general, the longer you leave grips on, the more difficult they are to remove. When trying to remove old grips, they tend to crack and fall apart. Because a putter is such a feel club and I would not want to alter the feel of the putter, I would not change a putter grip unless I wanted to change to another type of grip.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

Most of my grips are at least five years old and still tacky so I do not plan on re-gripping any time soon.

5 years? Holy cow! I can barely get a season out of mine. And I clean my grips regularly to keep them tacky.

What grips are you using?
I will say, in general, the longer you leave grips on, the more difficult they are to remove. When trying to remove old grips, they tend to crack and fall apart.

Along those same lines, Acushnet (Titleist, Cobra, et al) uses some kind of alien technology grip tape that bonds with the shaft on a molecular level. I

hate trying to get that stuff off.

I just regripped my irons with Lamkins. I like the feel a little better than the Golf Prides. Plus, they are supposed to last longer. I got the blue ones on clearance at some online shop for like $1.25 a grip. I plan on regripping every June just for fun. It is fun to do and extremely easy. I enjoy regripping myself.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

5 years? Holy cow! I can barely get a season out of mine. And I clean my grips regularly to keep them tacky.

I use Lamkin White Crosslines. I don't clean them. I have two new Titleist clubs that came with Tour Velvets. I figure I will have to re-grip those soon, since Golf Prides generally don't last. But I won't change them until they glaze over. I will see then how difficult Titleist grips are to remove.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

I regrip at the end of every season. I play a lot, probably average 9 a day and 100 range balls from april through september or october. However, I always go through 2 grips on my 60* because it gets used so much in practice sessions.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

It eventually becomes second-nature to line up the alignment aids/logos/etc with the clubhead. But just to be safe, I put a piece of masking tape around the shaft at the bottom of the old grip and mark the line of the grip with a Sharpie.

Hey thats a neat idea! I re-grip every spring. I do it myself, and it's easy for those of you that are handy around the house. I have never changed the grip of my putter. I uses rubbing alcohol to clean/refresh the grips in between rounds.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

• 3 weeks later...
My vokey had a titleist golf pride stock grip that is wearing off as i speak.
Its a bit hard, and i need to get it regripped.
I got it early spring!
Keep in mind that i play 6 times a week now that its summer and its my favorite club in my bag.

every 6 months for rest of my clubs.=]

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Burner Driver 460cc 9.5* Stiff
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

Note: This thread is 5754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!