IGNORED

Pro V1 "practice" balls vs. Pro V1

Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? I know the "x-outs" are Pro V1's with some kind of blemish. Are the "practice" balls constructed differently or have any different specs (compression, etc...)?

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

They are legal for competition and identical to the regular balls. They have minor cosmetic flaws that cause them to be rejected by the quality control process.

SubPar

One good shot with any wedge and a brand new Pro V1 will have "cosmetic defects"...and that's puting it mildly. I did find it interesting that the X-outs and Practice balls were both conforming.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

Better than x-outs. I love when we get them in to my course. Last year I paid $5 a dozen for them. Rep said they are cosmentically flawed, color, or print mistakes etc.

where did you get that deal????

In my x78 stand bag
Driver Tour Burner 9.5 REAX stiff
3 Wood 906F4 15.5 Aldila VS Proto stiff
Hybrid IDEA Pro Gold Matrix Ozik stiff
Irons AP1 4-W DG S300Wedges Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54, V-Foil Tour 60Putter Red X 35"Ball ProV1

• 4 years later...
Originally Posted by wolverine318

Better than x-outs. I love when we get them in to my course. Last year I paid $5 a dozen for them. Rep said they are cosmentically flawed, color, or print mistakes etc.

You should be buying these and reselling them for $10-15 a dozen.

At the Honda, the practice balls were immaculate and they hand picked them off the range with range tubes. Talk about spoiled, nothing but the best for a PGA Tournament!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

My home course sells these in the pro shop, wicked deal compared to normal ProVs with no performance change ! Almost a 20$ difference in price.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!