• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
U345387

Pro V1 "practice" balls vs. Pro V1

10 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? I know the "x-outs" are Pro V1's with some kind of blemish. Are the "practice" balls constructed differently or have any different specs (compression, etc...)?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

So, apparently a Practice ball is better than an X-Out.

They are legal for competition and identical to the regular balls. They have minor cosmetic flaws that cause them to be rejected by the quality control process.

SubPar

Better than x-outs. I love when we get them in to my course. Last year I paid $5 a dozen for them. Rep said they are cosmentically flawed, color, or print mistakes etc.

One good shot with any wedge and a brand new Pro V1 will have "cosmetic defects"...and that's puting it mildly. I did find it interesting that the X-outs and Practice balls were both conforming.

Better than x-outs. I love when we get them in to my course. Last year I paid $5 a dozen for them. Rep said they are cosmentically flawed, color, or print mistakes etc.

where did you get that deal????

These balls are perfect, brand new Pro V1s - I use them all the time.

Originally Posted by wolverine318

You should be buying these and reselling them for $10-15 a dozen.

At the Honda, the practice balls were immaculate and they hand picked them off the range with range tubes. Talk about spoiled, nothing but the best for a PGA Tournament!

My home course sells these in the pro shop, wicked deal compared to normal ProVs with no performance change ! Almost a 20$ difference in price.