IGNORED

Dent on My Driver?

Note: This thread is 4740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok well I just bought a Nike Sumo 5900 so me and a buddy went to the driving range to hit some balls and halfway through he asked to use my driver so let him being the good friend I am..Well when He covered and put it back in my bag and that was that. Well last nite i noticed i have dent on the bottom of my driver and white paint in the dent from a obvious topped golf ball...Now I just went in my back yard and hit like 4 balls into the wood just seeing how the driver will react..but unfortunatly i can only follow it for about 100 yards..My question is will this affect the playablilty of the driver, how about the distance? It seemed to sound different too! Now mind you I only hit it a few times yesterday so this "different sound" could be in my head but I am just tryin to check all my bases? Any help, tips and/or advice will be great. This might be a dumb question but I am new to golf (only a year under my belt) so please help a newbie out?!

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w
Slingshot 2 Hybrid Slingshot 4-AW CG10 52* Forged 58* Studio Select Newport 1.5

I would be my guess if the dent isnt on the face or the leading edge of the club it shouldnt really make a difference. Could be just cosmetic.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

here is a pic i just took maybe this will give more insight into help

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w

I also think It would not make any difference (for what I understand in your explanation). If you post some pics maybe we will be able to give you a better feedback.

And first lesson If you borrow your club ALWAYS check it before you put it back in the bag. You know just in case... :)

----------------------------------
In my XXV Anniversary 10.5 Callaway Staff Bag
Driver FT-i 10°
Woods Big Bertha 3, 5, 7

Hybrid 4 X-Hybrid

Irons X-20 5-SW

Wedge 60° X-Tour

Putter Odyssey White steel Tri-Ball SRT

I have a driver with a dent on the bottom too, but it wasnt from a topped ball. It was from an "accident" with an 8 iron. It didnt seem to affect the performance at all. Seeing as how you did just buy the driver though you might want to try and give Nike customer service a call and ask them what your options are. Chances are they may just send you a new one.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

well I called NIKE but no luck, figured I would get that but hey worth a shot. I was told though it shouldnt affect the play so thats good. Any other opnions are appreciated though. Maybe similiar cases with anyone and how it affected there club? or is there anyway to maybe get the dent out?

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w

Call your friend and let him know he just won a Nike Sumo 5900 for the exact price you paid. And go buy you a new one.

----------------------------------
In my XXV Anniversary 10.5 Callaway Staff Bag
Driver FT-i 10°
Woods Big Bertha 3, 5, 7

Hybrid 4 X-Hybrid

Irons X-20 5-SW

Wedge 60° X-Tour

Putter Odyssey White steel Tri-Ball SRT

well I have already asked him if he did it(knowing he did it but giving him a chance to say he did) and he said he didnt, so you kno how that goes!

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w

Call your friend and let him know he just won a Nike Sumo 5900 for the exact price you paid. And go buy you a new one.

Best idea yet! LMAO!

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I don't see how topping a golf ball could cause that dent.

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

I had that same dent on my previous driver. Was caused by topping the ball (can't explain it but that's what caused it). It didn't effect the performance of the club any......not that I could see.

I have the exact same dent in the exact same place on the exact same driver and it hasn't affected a thing. I actually have 2 dents there and a small crack forming.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I have the exact same dent in the exact same place on the exact same driver and it hasn't affected a thing. I actually have 2 dents there and a small crack forming.

This doesn't sound good. I'd be leary of any cracks forming...imagine being in midswing and losing the head along the swing path....someone could be hurt.

I've never heard of this happening before and now three cases all with the same club?????!!!!!! Doesn't sound encouraging. Sorry to hear that Nike didn't cover it....I guess it was a coin toss on that.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I don't think where the crack is would cause anything to fly off. Here's a pic of mine.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

wow thats rough i feel much better now

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w

IMO there's no way that could happen from topping a ball. It was smashed by something or smashed on something.

Nope. I came down so steep on it I drove the tee into the turf, lol. I don't do that anymore, that's for sure.

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

you could try cslling nike coustomer service i am sute they can help you

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Note: This thread is 4740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!