IGNORED

Has your new putter actually made a difference?

Note: This thread is 5824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always end up heading back to my scotty cameron blade... I've tried a two ball mallet, a belly itrax, a mickelson forged blade

nothing seems to work

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Yes. My putter was too light and it was raised a couple of degrees. It resulted in a better stroke and better scores. Like every club, once it's fitted for your swing or stroke, you see better results.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Yes and No. It seems everytime I get a new putter, there is a short term improvement. It must be the "thrill" of a new putter and the increased attention paid to putting, especially when it is a different style putter or face. The real test is continued success with a new putter.

That being said, I have settled on a Ping Karsten B-60, having moved from a Ping B-61.

One thing I haven't tried yet is a different length putter. Hmmmm.

Dave.
---------------------------------------
Driver: Big Bertha Titanium 454 10* Fairway: Big Bertha 16* 3 wood
Hybrid: G10 21* Ironwood: Bazooka JMAX QL 4/23*

Irons: G10 3; 5-PW AWT reg shafts Wedge: Ping 50 Tour-S & Mizuno 56-10 Chrome

Putter: Ping Pal2 BeCu

it's an addiction... my experiences are almost exactly like described above

I buy a putter, am very very excited... putt well for a few rounds and then it seems to just not work anymore, sell it on ebay and here we go again

viscious cycle

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

i will see in a day or 2 when my circa 62 comes in ive used my dads ping original pal from like 15 years ago when he bought it ive used it for 4 years so i think my new putter will make a difference

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

i still play with the gold old ping anser two (anything else looks funny to me)

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

Putting is a mental game for me.
If I have a new putter in my bag, I'm going to go out with confidence.
That confidence pours over into the next round.
So, yes.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Mine really helped me, last year my putting game was an mediocrity, but with the white hot i have a lot more confidence, and it also fits my putting stroke.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

I built a belly putter out of an old putter I had laying around and I love it! Well at least through the first month of the season. Haven't made more putts outside of 10 feet ever.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

Yes. I used to play a patent stamped anser 2, and putted very well with it, but then I got a karsten series anser over the winter and ive been putting better than ever. I havent been holing many more 10 foot plus putts, but I nail those 5-7 footers more often, with more comfort, and I rarley 3 putt. The patent stamped anser isnt a bad putter, (matter of fact I think a classic anser kinda should be everyones first putter) but the karsten series verison really jives with me and I coudnt be more happy with it. And for 90 bucks it just makes it extra awesome..lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I went to the sabertooth and have dropped my putting strokes from about 28-30 to 25 or so a round. The insert really has enhanced the feel I have for my putts.

In the Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

L4V 9* Fujikura Rombax Z 6Z08
S9-1 Pro 15* Matrix OZIK X-Con
Baffler Pro 21* Golfsmith P2 irons - 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 CG14 Chrome Wedges Dynamic Gold X100 52* 56* 60* Rossa Monza SpiderBall - TP Red

I went from a cheap blade to what I have now. It's probably 5 times heavier than my old putter. I can sink anything within five feet on any given day. Distance control on long lags is shaky, there's on days and off days, but I probably saved five to ten strokes with switching putters.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I've been contemplating upgrading my no name blade putter but I don't know if its worth upgrading. I usually require 2-3 putts per hole. Looking into the White Hot Tour #2 or Ping Karsten B60 in 33/34".

« Keith »

Yes and No. It seems everytime I get a new putter, there is a short term improvement. It must be the "thrill" of a new putter and the increased attention paid to putting, especially when it is a different style putter or face. The real test is

So true, putting is all about attention, whatever can raise the level of attention is going to help and a new putter can do that. Tiger is so great at putting because he is able to will himself into that full on attention mode better than anyone, and he uses the same putter as always. Arnold Palmer constantly changes putters to keep his attention going. I just switched putters because I lost my attention. With a new putter you're not sure what is going to happen so there is maximum interest engaged. Who knows, maybe this putter will be the ONE! So you hope and give it your best. With an old putter you can easily lose interest, you already know what to expect. But the bloom soon comes off the rose.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I am not interested in upgrading any of my equipment until I've got a consistent, solid, predictable swing, but man, every time I pick up the Odyssey White Hot #1 putter I get chills.

When I swing my putter, I often have a sort of figure-8 weave to the stroke, while that putter just goes straight back and straight forward.

I took Odyssey's online putter fitting guide, and that was the #1 club they recommended to me. I know I need to practice putting, but when I finally decide to spring for a new bag, that putter is going to be in it :)

I am not interested in upgrading any of my equipment until I've got a consistent, solid, predictable swing, but man, every time I pick up the Odyssey White Hot #1 putter I get chills.

IMHO, you need to buy the Odyssey. You use the putter more than any other club in the bag, and putting well will improve your scores and confidence. Continue to work on your swing, but don't wait on getting a putter that you feel comfortable with because you are wanting a new bag, irons, driver, whatever.

In my bag

Driver 905R 9.5 with Aldila
3-wood G10 15 degree
Hybrid G10 18 degreeIrons MP 32Wedges 52 & 56 & 60 degreePutter SC SS Newport 1.5Ball

Note: This thread is 5824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!