IGNORED

Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Note: This thread is 5049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I LOVE my MP 57's. even though I am a high handicapper right now. took some time from the game because of disc surgeries in neck.

I am finally healthy enough to start playing again and rewarded myself some new sticks. I was playing with some older DCI's from '94!

I have had these out at a grass range and love the feel. they don't punish that much for an off center hit and there is no vibration. I went with these to improve my ball striking. I did put a Cobra 3100 3 and 4 iron in the bag for now until I get better. I sometime struggle with the long irons.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which irons do you think are better as far as feel and control?

The ones that feel better to you. They're both high quality, the choice is completely subjective.

I have been a Titleist loyal for many years but have switched to the MP 57 irons this year after a demo day. I have not had a chance to compare against the ap2 irons yet. Anyone compare mp57 vs ap2? If so what were the results?

Titleist 983E 9.5 Accra 65 Stiff Shaft
Titleist 906f2 15 Bassara Stiff
TM Burner Rescue 19
Titleist AP2 4-PW
Titleist Vokey 52, 56 Ping Craze g2i

• 1 month later...
Dang. Sounds like it is is 85% Mizuno in this thread!

My next irons will be Mizuno for sure as my wife is actually best friends with the sole distributor of Mizuno Philippines. She said I can't resist this offer and I said "OK."

I'm just trying to figure out if I should go with the MP-60s / 62s or the MP-52's. I already have game improvement Ping G5s and want these to be the irons I use as my handicap gets better.

But seems like a big difference between the 62s & 52s...hmmmmmm

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S "B2"
R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S
'11 Rescue 3 Hybrid Aldila RIP S
      710 AP2: 4-PW DG300 S
      Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 50/56/60*

Newport Beach: Ghosted

I have been a Titleist loyal for many years but have switched to the MP 57 irons this year after a demo day. I have not had a chance to compare against the ap2 irons yet. Anyone compare mp57 vs ap2? If so what were the results?

I think AP2 is more comparable to MP-52, not MP-57.

Dang. Sounds like it is is 85% Mizuno in this thread!

Definitely big difference between the 62 and 52. From what I've noticed, the specs of 62 is higher (closer) to 67 than 60. In other words, MP-62 is tougher to use than MP-60.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the MP-52's are the MP-57 replacements, are they not?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the MP-52's are the MP-57 replacements, are they not?

Well if you go to Europe's Mizuno website, two MP lines that aren't there any longer are MP-32 and MP-60. So, I don't think 52 is a replacement for 57. Besides, 52 is pocket cavity and 57 is full cavity back, not exactly apple to apple.

What's in the bag:

Wish I had the game to play either one.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

The ones that feel better to you. They're both high quality, the choice is completely subjective.

+1

Although I put in my vote for when I purchased a set of ZM's.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Well if you go to Europe's Mizuno website, two MP lines that aren't there any longer are MP-32 and MP-60. So, I don't think 52 is a replacement for 57. Besides, 52 is pocket cavity and 57 is full cavity back, not exactly apple to apple.

the 52 isnt a replacement for the 32 either... the 32 has been placed into Mizuno's signature line and still on their website under said link.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Which Mizunos would be best for me.....

My game will range from +12 to around +20 week to week. Most of my screwups, however, are around or on the green. I generally strike the ball well 4-9i; my 4i hits about 210-220, 7i about 180. I've been thinking about the 57 because people say they are a little more forgiving but they will still challenge me.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

I am trying to decide this right now, Titleist or Mizuno. I am a novice and have been using Mizunos MX 900s for the past couple months and have grown to like them. Just recently starting trying some AP1's and like those as well.

I think I am leaning more towards the Titleist at this point solely based upon the fact that they seemed a little heavier than the Mizuno's. Which I tend to like a little better when playing.

I used to be a Titleist guy for so long. I was all about their irons until I hit a set of Mizunos. It was the purest and best feeling from an iron that I have ever hit. I then proceeded to give my brother my Titleist irons and bought MP-33's.

As far as feel goes, I'm going to vote for Mizunos. There's no feeling like the grain flow forged from them. For looks, Mizuno gets my vote again. Their muscle backs are just pure sex and pretty much their whole lineup.

I'm not saying Titleist is bad or anything because they're definitely top notch. Basically it's all down to preference but they are both up there IMO.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I know this is a little off topic, but is there a significant difference between the mizuno mp 57's and the mp 60?

In my Bag-

Driver: 909 d3 Matrix Ozik XCON 6 stiff
3 wood: 906 f4 Graphite Design YS-6+
Irons: r7 tp Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: vokey spin milled Putter: tei3 newport 2

I have the Mizuno mp-30's and I love them. I've got the clubs used for $329 3-PW and they looked 97% new. I've now had them a year, and they still hardly have a scratch on them. (I keep them in covers) But I still hit them every day and they have little wear. They are just excellent irons.

However I do love titleist irons. The 690's and the 695's blow me away. The only downside is that they are heavier than my mizuno irons and make me swing a little slower. So they don't go quite as far.

So. I'm gonna have to give it to Mizuno. Although both companies make great irons.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

I play the Ping G5s which are Game Improvement Irons. I'm getting offered to get any Mizuno clubs. Even though my handicap is high right now, I don't want to get the same clubs as my Pings because it would be a waste.

Is there anything similar that's new and close to the MP-60s? Thanks e

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S "B2"
R7 CGB 3 Wood Fuji S
'11 Rescue 3 Hybrid Aldila RIP S
      710 AP2: 4-PW DG300 S
      Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 50/56/60*

Newport Beach: Ghosted

I used to be a Titleist guy for so long. I was all about their irons until I hit a set of Mizunos. It was the purest and best feeling from an iron that I have ever hit. I then proceeded to give my brother my Titleist irons and bought MP-33's.

Without a doubt...... Mizuno

I agree with both of you.

I know this is a little off topic, but is there a significant difference between the mizuno mp 57's and the mp 60?

I've hit my friend's MP-57 although it's easier than MP-60, but still you can't put a crappy swing into them.

What's in the bag:

Note: This thread is 5049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!