IGNORED

Demo day -- found my new driver: Callaway Hyper X Tour

Note: This thread is 5782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tried at least 15 combinations of drivers....

By a landslide I hit the Callaway HyperX Tour 8.5 360 Fit on Stiff the best.... 300 straight 8/10 times. Was slicing/fading every other club I hit. I think it's the shaft.

The club head was extremely forgiving. Now I just need to find someone who has it in an 8.5.

Sounds great.....you've found a weapon for sure.

I hit one of those clubs today at Dick's Sporting Goods in their simulator. Very nice feel to it. Sounded and felt flush...even on swings that I know were not great.

Good luck in your hunt for the 8.5.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

How does a demo day work? Do they have a bunch of clubs with different shaft/head combinations so you are able to grab one give it some whacks, put it back and grab another? In addition, is there a professional club fitter on site to analyze and give advice as to what club he thinks would work best.
If it isn’t too crowded it sounds like a lot of fun.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Yes there are reps from the manufacturer there. This particular demo day had Nike, Callaway, Cleveland, Taylor Made, Callaway, and Cobra there (yep it was sweet).

Every manufacturer had every club in every shaft. It was ridiculously cool. I probably hit 15-20 clubs, 200 balls, and had a lot of advice how to fix my slice.

But the HyperX 460 stole it for me.... followed by the Ping G10 and then the Burner Tour.

You may have been able to buy the demo club for cheap?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I recently purchased the hyper x driver and do like it, but i have a problem not turning my hands enough (i think) during my swing and this along with the 1* open face causes a bad slice for me, but my fault not the drivers and will be corrected as soon as i get round to a few lessons. But the driver is very good and i can feel it trying to straighten my shots when i hit it with the heel of the club. Want to get a ping g5 driver and 3 wood to see what they are like. Have a 5 wood and its class but would like to try out the other two and see how they play.

Driver: Callaway Hyper X Tour
5 Wood: Ping G5
Irons: Cobra fp 4-SW
Bag: Powakaddy
Ball: Srixon soft feel

• 2 weeks later...

I hit the Hyper X 10 degree with a stock regular shaft on a monitor yesterday. Holy crap! That thing is amazing. The forgiveness is great, and I need that. It feels like it's in a slot coming through the down swing. Then there's the distance: anywhere from 15 to 30 yards longer than I can hit my current driver

I really want this club. Maybe Golfsmith has a slightly used one...

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

Note: This thread is 5782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!