IGNORED

What irons do you use

Note: This thread is 5813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mizuno MX-900s, they are forged cavity backs- hybrid types, I got them just a month ago and they are forgiving and instills a lot of confidence, distance and accuracy wise for me. Best choice for me, no complaints so far.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

I play the Callaway X-18, Steel shafts. I absolutely love them.

In my Clemson Sun Mountain Superlight 3.5 bag
Driver - Cleveland Launcher 9 deg., stiff gold shaft
3 wood - Cleveland launcher 15 deg stiff gold shaft
3 Hybrid - Adams Boxer 19 deg
4 Hybrid - Nike Sumo2 hybrid 23 deg.Irons - Callaway X-18 Wedges - Cleveland CG 14 (50, 54, 58 degree)Putter -...

Am i the only one that plays TaylorMade? Everyone's either Mizuno or Callaway. I havent liked Callaway that much and they didnt come into play (but their new X Prototype forged iron is sick), so i tried out a slew of clubs and settled between the Mizuno MP-57, Titleist 735, and Taylonmade Rac TP MuscleBacks. They all felt similar in feel and playability. The Taylormade's looked sharper then the others. I couldnt pass up a deal i found where i got the clubs for 1/2 the price ($500) because the clubs were used twice. I bought them at a golfsmith where i inspected them beforehand and found 2 scratches on two of the clubs, while the rest of the clubs were in prestine condition. As an added bonus, the person before me upgraded the shafts to X100's and placed new Winn Grips on them. I couldnt pass them up. Brand new they're all similar in price, but i think i got a steal. And I love em too...great clubs...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

I switch between the Tommy Armour SS Cavity backs and the Mizuno MP-32's. It's all in the shaft, anyhow. I need a Rifle 6.0's and I think most decent clubheads do the trick.

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

I use the Powerbilt Grand Slam steel shafted irons. I just love the look and the feel of them.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

I have the original X-Tour's which I bought new last year. I had them plugged with the Project X 6.0. They get up and out quick and offer me enough playability to get out of trouble in the trees. I suppose if I become a better ball striker as I gain more experience I may switch to something a little more traditional. For now, these are the perfect blend of playability and forgiveness for my game.
In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

Am i the only one that plays TaylorMade? They all felt similar in feel and playability. The Taylormade's looked sharper then the others. And I love em too...great clubs...

I will agree with you. The Taylormade RAC MBs are an awesome set of clubs. I have the MP32s and while I love them, the RAC felt better. Unfortunately, I had already made an investment in the MP32s. They are great clubs and yes, you got a great deal.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I took a few lessons with my old clubs knowing that I was going to buy new ones, but I wanted any major problems with my swing sorted out before I got fitted for the new irons so that I got a better idea of how the club actually performed. I tried loads of sets; mizuno, taylormade, wilson, cobra, benross, cleveland, and a few others that I can't remember what they were now (also tried some muscle backs as well as cavity backs), but the best feeling club and most consistent were the Cobra FP. Absolutley love them. The shots feel class when I hit them and even when I have mis hits they still feel pretty sound. My dad got a set of mizunos and they dont have a look in against my cobras.

Driver: Callaway Hyper X Tour
5 Wood: Ping G5
Irons: Cobra fp 4-SW
Bag: Powakaddy
Ball: Srixon soft feel

I have a set of Precept Tour Premiums (forged) that I have been using for about 3 years. I like them so much that I have since purchased a second set and put them in the wardrobe for when these ones become totally worn out, I have wear spots on my PW, 9 iron, 8 iron and 7 iron that are progressively becoming worse so the backup set will be in play within the next year.

The reason I am using them is,

1. I like the look of them
2. I like the feel of them
3. They came with DG S400's and they suit me
4. Their standard specs match my standard specs
5. They were cheap, they cost me about $200 plus shipping on ebay

I use titleist 695 mb's with project x shafts... by far the best set of clubs I have ever owned...throwing darts is an understatement with these baby's !!!

In My Bag
Driver - Tour Burner TP 9.5 Whiteboard
3 wood - R7 TP 17.5 Fuji
Hybrid - Rescue Tp 19 deg
Irons - Titleist 695 MB Project X 7.0 Wedges - 52, 56, 60 TP Z Smoke Putter - Scotty Cameron - Studio Newport Balls - Pro V1 X

Titleist 755's
Can't beat them.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

i have cleveland cg gold irons and love em

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

I change all of the time...

I have some TourStage Z101s I like a lot. I also have a set of MacGregor PCB Tours that are great and a set of Srixon i-701s. All look and feel good to me.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I've got a set of Top-Flight Tour Irons with graphite shafts that I've using forever. It's been probably 15 years now. I don't really feel a need to upgrade. It might be nice if the longer irons were more forgiving, I suppose. I don't even carry the 3 iron.

Is the technology in current irons that much better?

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just got a set of 695 cbs with Project X 6.0 and love them.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Cleveland gold (stiff steel) great feel,good distance,excellent balance. Adequate forgiveness yet not overbearing or clunky at address. Owned/tried a bunch of brands over the years but I just seem to come back to cleveland. They always seemed to be priced right as well. For the record it was a toss up for me when it came to red and gold irons but I felt the extra forgiveness wouldn't hurt and it hasn't.

Note: This thread is 5813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!