IGNORED

Best Grips

Note: This thread is 5617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am interested in buying some new grips for my driver and irons. Which is the best to use?

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

I like Golf Pride tour velvet the best. Also see if you like the decade multi compound ones. I dont..but some people swear by it.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Winn Grips...I put them on my irons and i love them. They are really soft but grip really nice. The best way i can describe them is like a rubbery firm foam...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

I like Golf Pride tour velvet the best. Also see if you like the decade multi compound ones. I dont..but some people swear by it.

I'm one of the folks that swear by them now. I did develop a callous on the inside of my fingers from using the grip though. It definately feels a little different.

I'm not a big fan if Winn grips. When I've used them in the past, they've always seemed to wear out and get slick pretty quickly. Then again, I don't change my grips the "recommended" once a year.

In My Bag

Driver: 907 D1 10.5 Regular flex
3 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19Hybrid: Rescue Dual 225-GW: G5Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 58Putter: White Hot 2-ballBall: Mojo

Can't go wrong with Golf Pride Tour Velvet...

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

Golf Pride DD2

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

You really can't go wrong with the Golf Pride Multicompound. I use the midsize ones as I have large hands.

You will not be disapointed.

"You have to birdie the first hole to birdie em all" &
"You have to drink in the morning to drink all day"

I have been using Winn grips for a couple seasons and have not noticed the wear issues that some people complain about. (this may have been an issue previously?)

Currently, I have the PCI (half cord) grips and like them a thousand times better than the old Golf Pride cord I used to use. The appeal for me is that they seem softer and tackier which helps me ease off my grip pressure.

For me it's Lamkin or Golfpride full cords...regular size with two layers of tape underneath. Been using these for a long while and never really desired to change.

They hold up wonderfully to sweaty palms and high humidity golf.

There are a ton of choices out there....many will please you in some way or another.....one or two will feel "just right".

I was in Dick's Sporting goods yesterday....they had a fairly decent selection of grips that were on shafts for you to evaluate....probably 30 different types. It could take and hour or better to find the "right" one.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Go to your local golf store/pro shop and see what they keep in stock and give them a feel for yourself. If you don't already have a favorite, best thing to do is to try some out and find what you like.

If you play a bunch, keep the price in mind so if you want to change them next year you are not out too much money. Of course money might not be an issue. If you are only a casual player, get whatever you want because you probably won't change them again for a few years. That being said, a lot of the knock-off brands (Kelmac, Avon, Sharpro, etc.) are about half the price and are quality products, but they typically won't last as long.

I play with Golf Pride Tour Velvet and will change them every year. I wish I could play the Lamkin Dual Density Torsion Control but they cost way too much for me.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I went to Dicks today and did what everyone suggested. It took about an hour to find which one was the best. I decided on the Winn Excel AVS. I had the Velvet style grip on there, and it turned very hard. I have only owned the club for a year. I haven't gotten the chance to take it out and play yet. Hopefully Sunday. Thanks everyone for your input. It definately helped in my decision.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

• 5 months later...
I'm sold on the new line of Winn grips. i have PCI's on all my irons (not wedges though). I've put them on my main driver and 3 metal. I have DSI's on some of my FW woods, and I also have the Xi7's on a couple other clubs.

The PCI's are a little harder, the other 2--def. soft.

I've kept the oem tour velvets on me Cleveland wedges, they're great.

And I've heard great things about the DD2 GP's, but haven't tried them yet.

I do have on Lamkin crossline sting free (the free one we were all getting months back). . .AWESOME grip. When I re-grip the next time around, I'll probably use these.

The golf pride Full Cord grip.

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

golf pride!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 460
7wood:Ping i3
Irons:TaylorMade LT graphite shafts
Wedges:Cleveland 56 degree CG10
CG10 60degreeputter: Odyssey White Hot 2 BallLinksman Golf junior bagSky Caddie SG5

A quick vote for the Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compund grips. It's a great concept that blends a cord grip on the upper and a nice comfy rubber grip lower. I really like them. They're not cheap though..

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/17....580_Red_Round
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

Note: This thread is 5617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!