IGNORED

What do you sacrifice for wedges?

Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if you really need to drop a club get a 54* to replace the 52 and 56.

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

I think having 4 wedges is good for you since your handicap is not at the desire level. That way you can do full swing with each club instead of tryin to measure 25-75% of the swing.

Have fun trying out the combination.

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

I'll make this one pretty quick. Yes, you made the right call. Too many players have an 11 degree gap between their PW(45) and SW (56). This choice will let you take full shots from 60 yards out.

The short game will suffer a little if you use a 60, but once you hit it with conviction, your short game will be excellent. Good call
Whats in my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 460
Fairway/Hybrid: 15 & 19 degree Nickent 3dx Utility
Irons: MacGregor M565
Wedges: Cleveland 900 RTG 54 & 58 degreePutter: Odyssey DFX 2 ball

Personally, I would say ditch the lob wedge until you are a lower handicap or get a good feel for it. I put my lob wedge in my bag after only playing for about 2 months, and never touched it for awhile. It is a very hard club to get used to and until you get a good feel for what shots would need it I wouldn't carry one. Learn to use your sand wedge for all types of shots, and then you should put the lob wedge in the bag. I personally carry a 3 iron and no 5 wood + 3 wedges(and PW) and I love the setup.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

"I personally carry a 3 iron and no 5 wood + 3 wedges(and PW) and I love the setup."

Ditto!

For me the 3 iron is more accurate than the 5W although I miss my 5W (sometimes it sneaks it's way back in the bag)...

Burner 9.5
Titleist 909F2 15.5
Titleist 909H 21
Callaway X20 4-AW
Vokey 56.10 60.04(SM)Odyssey TriForce 1

Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!