IGNORED

2005 NFL Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 6652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not how I thought the game would go with the loss of Alexander and three ugly turnovers, but the Hawks got it done regardless of the injuries and ugliness.

It sure started nasty for your hawks

Anyway - I want to use this game to make my (last, I promise!) point of why Tiki Barber and not Alexander should've been MVP. How valuable is a player to his team? Once Carolina shut down Tiki - there was no team, there was no football for the G-man. Alexander goes down first qrt - they still win the game... and if he comes back - they will handle the Broncos in the big game

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He sure looks like he'll be alright. He was the #1 cheerleader this afternoon!

that's some scary picture... oh c'mon Mr_Slice! You're taking the commercials too literally. When they say "all you need is a torso" - don't belive them - it would be nice to have a decent face, too.

• Administrator
It may still be early, but somewhere, Erik is absolutely giddy right now watching this Steelers/Colts game.

Uhhh, no.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Uhhh, no.

Now I am giddy.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Now I am giddy.

Hahaha. I knew you wouldn't count the chickens before the eggs hatched. Boy oh boy, what a game! Great job by that Steelers pass rush. It's definitely true, if you hit Peyton in the mouth you can beat him.

Carolina @ Seattle Pittsburgh @ Denver How many people predicted that foursome this pre-season?

• Administrator
Hahaha. I knew you wouldn't count the chickens before the eggs hatched. Boy oh boy, what a game! Great job by that Steelers pass rush. It's definitely true, if you hit Peyton in the mouth you can beat him.

I came pretty close. I didn't figure the Bears D would collapse THAT badly, though, and my pick against the Steelers was intentional. I'm picking Denver next week.

Both games should be really good, though.

Well I know someone from PA who probably had a pretty good afternoon today.

You also know a couple of guys in Washington who are absolutely giddy right now (and praying that the next 3 quarters are more of the same).

Congrats to the Steelers! Edit: SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!

Seattle? The Hawks? What? Its Super Bowl time!

YESSSS!

Well, looks like its a Sand Trap rivalry after all. See ya there Erik.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
Well, looks like its a Sand Trap rivalry after all. See ya there Erik.

What's the bet, Jeff?

I'm the owner of the site, so I'm allowed to post this large text. Jeff, you get a free pass too if you'd like: Pittsburgh's Goin' to the Super Bowl

It's amazing to me that the national media and general population are still giving NO respect to Seattle. Last night the polls were showing about a 65-70% favoring for Pittsburgh, and I got into work this morning and had to listen to eight-hundred excuses about how Carolina would have won if they had a running game. I can't help but be frustrated that no one can just accept and respect that the Seahawks have played the schedule given to them and beaten all comers. Last night was total domination.

The game against Pitt will be a fun one for sure. I say it's pretty evenly matched and both sides are playing absolutely terrific football right now. I honestly would call this a Pick'em. Here's hoping that the Hawks keep it up and Roethlisberger comes back down to Earth.

• Administrator
It's amazing to me that the national media and general population are still giving NO respect to Seattle.

Cuz the NFC sucks...? And the Seahawks play in the worst division in football?

Last year you were an Eagles fan, and I said that whatever NFC team makes the Super Bowl, they'd lose to any AFC team that made it.
Last night the polls were showing about a 65-70% favoring for Pittsburgh,

That ain't the media. That's fans, like you, voting in those polls.

and I got into work this morning and had to listen to eight-hundred excuses about how Carolina

I watched enough of that game to know that that ain't true. I think it would have been closer, since losing all their RBs let the Hawks sit on the pass, but a win? Nah. That's preposterous.

I can't help but be frustrated that no one can just accept and respect that the Seahawks have played the schedule given to them and beaten all comers.

Six of which were fellow NFC West teams. In other words, "guaranteed wins." They lost to Jacksonville. They lost to Washington. And Green Bay (which, admittedly, doesn't count for much). The only impressive win on their entire schedule was the Indy win, and that was against Jim Sorgi.

I'm not trying to take away from a Super Bowl team, but I am asking that you be reasonable. People are picking the Steelers because they're the hot team and they also happen to come from the AFC. The Seahawks can't say either of those things.
Here's hoping that the Hawks keep it up and Roethlisberger comes back down to Earth.

Ben is not from this planet. The media guide lists him as coming from somewhere named "Krypton."

Seattle is going to the Super Bowl!

Woo hoo!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Cuz the NFC sucks...? And the Seahawks play in the worst division in football?

True. And you were right. That was a close game and I think this one will be close, as well. I also adopted ALL Seattle teams when moving back here, since I now know this is going to be my home for most of the remainder of my life, so for the record I suffered through the Mariners season faithfully. Just clarifying my non-bandwagon status. :)

Six of which were fellow NFC West teams. In other words, "guaranteed wins." They lost to Jacksonville. They lost to Washington. And Green Bay (which, admittedly, doesn't count for much). The only impressive win on their entire schedule was the Indy win, and that was against Jim Sorgi.

That's fine and dandy, but this isn't college football. You can't choose your schedule in the NFL. They played the schedule they had and they dominated it, then they beat Washington despite playing a bad game and not having the NFL MVP and destroyed a Carolina "road warrior" team that nearly every "expert" was picking to win. They've stepped up to every challenge so why wouldn't they step up to Pittsburgh? That's my question.

I'm not trying to take away from a Super Bowl team, but I am asking that you be reasonable. People are picking the Steelers because they're the hot team and they also happen to come from the AFC. The Seahawks can't say either of those things.

I will be reasonable. Pittsburgh is playing outstanding right now. It will be a super-tough game no matter what, but I have no doubts that Seattle can step up and do what it takes to win the game. I just get so tired of hearing about how easy their schedule was when that is completely out of their control, and the numerous other excuses of why they beat another team without just admitting that they played better on both sides of the ball.

Ben is not from this planet. The media guide lists him as coming from somewhere named "Krypton."

I honestly can't argue.

I think Steelers are gonna win it all this year. At the beginning of the playoffs, I didnt support the Steelers at all but they have really proved themselves to be a great team this year. Plus, Jerome Bettis grew up in Detroit and said at the beginning of the season that it'd be nice to end his career in Detroit with a Super Bowl win. I think the rest of the team is fighting so hard to make Bettis's wish come true.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher Comp 9.5 stiff
Fairway Wood: 2006 Cleveland Launcher Steel FW 15 Stiff
Hybrid: Cleveland Halo graphite stiff
Irons: Titleist 704.CB 3-PW Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Ping G5i Craz-EBall: Titleist Pro V1

Note: This thread is 6652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!