IGNORED

USGA Members

iacas
Note: This thread is 6156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are you a member of the USGA?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't live in the U.S./Mexico

• Administrator
I'm a member of the USGA, and I have been for 12 years now. Ever since I started playing golf, really.

I recently found my old "Walking Member" bag tag and put that back on my bag.

I support all that the USGA does, including the MOI rule they recently put on drivers. However, I would not support a scaled back golf ball.

I think that the rules are the best they've ever been (now that we can use range finders, well, as of January 1) and for $25, I like what I get and that I can fund programs I believe in, like turf grass research, junior programs, the conducting of clinics and things like the U.S. Open.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was when I started, I thought the tag is cool
Now my attitude towards USGA and golf is kind of the same like towards the church and religion. golf and religion are beautiful things and I don't need nobody to tell me HOW to enjoy them.

Yes.

When I paid my $100 for the US Amateur entry fee it came with a free membership. Not a bad deal. I too support most everything that comes out of the USGA and proudly sport my badge on my bag.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• 1 year later...
I'm a member of the USGA, and I have been for 12 years now. Ever since I started playing golf, really.

I am a member of the USGA and I agree with everything you say, except I think my renewal is $20. I joined last June, literally right after the Sunday of U.S. Open broadcast was over. I hope to play in the U.S. Amateur Public Links some year. I haven't fully checked eligibility requirements, but when I start breaking 80 - any decade now - I'll schedule my vacations accordingly. Really, I support everything the USGA does, and even if I didn't care about it, the hat is worth the fee.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

btw internationals can become USGA members.
My other half and I are not permanent residents of USA/Mexico (not retired yet) and the web site allows it...they just charge $10 more for shipping costs....still a steal if you ask me. and like you said Erik its supporting a cause we believe in.
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Joined the first year I played and been a member ever since. I have been a regular member all the way up to a "Champion's Club" member. It is about time for me to "re-up" again. I think it is a good organization for the most part.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Been a member for a long time. Really like the magazine, always great hole by hole info on the U.S. Open.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

How do I become a member? And what would offer me.

www.usga.org has signup information. I'd give a better link, but their server is overloaded at the moment. Among other things, you get a USGA hat for the current U.S. Open, a bag tag, a membership card, and a copy of the rules of golf. These along make the $25 purchase worthwhile, in my mind.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

So I was watching the Open today and saw that commercial about the kid who shot the Ace but thought no one saw it.

Anyway, I saw that and immediately called and got a Junior Membership (I'm 15). I've been wanting that hat and for 15 dollars all that is a steal. I was told that I would have to wait 6 months for some of the stuff I get. Is that true?

Driver:

Wood: Launcher Gold

Irons: Sand Wedge: EyeHome Course

I've been a member since 1995. I think they do alot of great things alot of people don't realize. The research they do on turf has made courses today like country clubs of old.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

No, I just signed up. 4 to 6 weeks for my 15$. Seems like a steal just for the tag and rulebook.

Same for me....might be a little slower with the usopen on....but still should be close to that

What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I joined last fall. I figured that as much of a golf nut as I am, I had no excuse not to join. Besides, I needed an up-to-date copy of the rulebook.

Mailed in my registration a few days ago. Bag tag, hat, and rulebook for $15 can't be beat. The hat alone is worth it.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

Mailed in my registration a few days ago. Bag tag, hat, and rulebook for $15 can't be beat. The hat alone is worth it.

Yeah, really. I renewed for $20 earlier in the month and saw the commercial today. My friends laughed when I pointed out that I'd just paid another $5.

-- Michael | My swing! 

I am not a member yet, but it will happen soon enough.

The Bag: Hoofer Vantage (Black on Blue)
In the bag...
Driver: X460
5 Wood: Zing 2
7 Wood: Zing 2Irons: X20 Steel ShaftPutter: Scotty Cameron Newport Detour

Note: This thread is 6156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!