IGNORED

Cheap, but Good Putter?

Note: This thread is 3873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I'm looking around for a new putter to get my dad for Fathers Day.

He has some OLD Spalding blade putter, and he needs a new one. He likes blades.

Are there any putters for <$70 , BLADE putters that is, that are really good? Thanks.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I'll assume you meant <$70
Honestly I don't think you will find any really good
putters for under seventy dollars
Used maybe, but not in the greatest shape

edit: Your best bet might be the Ray Cook Blue Goose Series putter. $60 and someone
compared it to a SC in one of the reviews on TGW
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Oops, my mistake. Fixed.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Your best bet is to find a good online store on ebay

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

You can get a Yes! Blade putter on ebay. I just got mine slightly used for 52 bucks.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I've liked the feel of the Maxfli putters
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=2998800

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

If you can stretch it to a full 100 bones, the Nike Ignite putter (for me) strokes the ball like it has eyes - I have been playing with them at Dick's and seldom miss on their mat. When I do we are talking less than 4 inches left or right and I rarely go longer than 16 inches past the hole. They feel great to me, on that surface.
Gonna have to actually buy one one of these days.

Andrew

I've liked the feel of the Maxfli putters

I don't think that's blade enough

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Ping G5i Anser...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

You may be able to pull a SC Bullseye on Ebay for pretty close to that price. Used of course.

Or just get some style of the 8802. The best putter of all time in my opinion :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Ping Karsten Anser. I know its a little over your budget, but $80 is damn good for a putter that is only marginally inferior to my Scotty, which was over $300.

Ping G2 putters can be had for a song

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I don't think that's blade enough

OK, then I nominate the Wilson Augusta for $30.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

check "rockbottomgolf" they get alot of close-out stuff and great prices.

In my bag:
Driver:R-7 425
3-wood:R-7 steel
hybrids3&4 3DX ironwood
irons:CG4 5-PWwedgesCG14-52,CG12-56putter2-ballball:proV1x

Are you looking to get your dad a brand new putter as a gift since most of the suggestions here are getting used versions from eBay. If you don't mind getting used then there are tons you can get around your price point, I'd throw in the suggestion for a Taylor Made Monza Corza.

If you want to give a brand new putter, the Wilson Harmonized putter line is a solid equipment and great low price around $30-$40.

Tour Edge putters for $40

Ben Hogan Bettinardi Baby Ben Putter for $40
In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

Note: This thread is 3873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!