IGNORED

If You Weren't Golfing

polodinks
Note: This thread is 5770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if you did not find the game of golf what would you do or take up?

me i would say motorcross only cause i like the outdoors like golf i not only love the game but outdoor scenery is nice as-well.

how about you fellow sandtrappers what would you be doing if it werent for golf?

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Oh, I golf, hunt, fish, sporting clays, trap and skeet, raced motocross when I was younger, SCUBA dive and read. I would probably just SCUBA dive or really work on my shotgun skills.

Andrew

I already do more than golf. I would probably just dvote more time to playing lacrosse, playing basketball and reading.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Probably would still be playing paintball

I used to PB quite a bit too. Rocked a Timmy with about every do-dad in the book thrown at it. Had some serious fun and thought about making a push to try and make some sort of living with it. Glad I didn't.

Andrew

Probably at the racetrack on my Triumph 675. Only gotten around to one trackday this year, I was all spooled up to do 2-3 a month until I got addicted to golf... It's a lot cheaper and closer to home, though less of an adrenaline rush!

I have a few hobbies besides golf, mainly motocross and enduro. When Im not on the course, Im going riding. If I didn't golf, I would try to take motocross and desert racing more seriously and get into racing.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Golf is my career so I'll put my answer in that type perspective. That being the case I would be driving a Formula 1 car. If not that, then definitely be involved in the sport somehow. Managing Director, Mechanic, pit crew, lacky, something...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Interesting that so many have been involved in motorsports. I had just got out of road racing in the SCCA (tired of burning through all my disposable income) when I found golf. I agree golf is not as much of an adrenaline rush, but I am much more emotionally invested in golf - my successes and failures mean more to me.

Also I sing and play a few instruments, and usually have a couple music-related projects going on at any given time. If I didn't golf I'd prob be doing more of that.

- Bill

Bill

I'd shoot more sporting clays, and probably pick up a new hot rod project. I've been wanting to build a 34 Ford pickup for a long time now.

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

Riding my bicycle of course!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I'd probably spend more time fishing, surfing or generally spending time at the beach than I do. Silly thing is I live about 2 minutes walk from the beach but I still manage to spend more time on the golf course.

Oh, I golf, hunt, fish, sporting clays, trap and skeet, raced motocross when I was younger, SCUBA dive and read. I would probably just SCUBA dive or really work on my shotgun skills.

I would probably continue with sporting clays/skeet. I am quite well so who knows where I could have gone with it.

I would not have sold my turbo Ford Lightning, and would still be going to every dragstrip I could find every weekend.

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

[QUOTE=polodinks;152272]
me i would say motorcross only cause i like the outdoors like golf i not only love the game but outdoor scenery is nice as-well.

QUOTE]

I still try to make it to the track to ride at least twice a month, but those twilight rounds have definately cut down on my riding time the last few years. That and the wrist surgery that came with it. Im debating on buying a new bike for next year right now.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

In addition to golf, i enjoy photography, fishing, and riding sport bikes. If i didn't golf, I'd be doing a whole lot more trackdays on my cbr 600RR.

I would be more active in my other two interests.

Flyfishing and Photography.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

That is a tough question...my first sport was baseball, so I suppose if it were another sport it would be that. I'm an Ichiro type but I also enjoy pitching - used to play in an inner city wooden bat league but stopped playing last year because I decided to devote more time to golf

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!