IGNORED

Titleist 909

Note: This thread is 3731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Titleist has put out a line to succeed the 907 line. The 907 line was okay but did not have the success the 905 line had, especially the 905R. So here's the next line in the Titleist driver family:

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That just looks dumb.
I doubt I'll drop the 905R for a long time.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Watch out on the US Open this week, tour players are hitting (and liking these) I like to wait a few months to see if they stay in the bag before getting excited. Think my next driver will be the fti low cg instead of these though. 905r has been great but its time to get an update.

• Administrator

Some spy shots I've obtained...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where'd you grab those pictures from?
Please tell me at your course.
I'd like to try them out to see if they are better or just as bad as the 07s

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Anyone have pics at address?

I would like to see a somewhat traditional look, minus the largeness of course :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

• Administrator
Anyone have pics at address?

I think you can tell from the sole pics that the D3 is a bit more of a pear shape.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They look like the 907D's with a different sole plate. Same shallow-pear head design.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I think you can tell from the sole pics that the D3 is a bit more of a pear shape.

Did you hit any of them?

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I, for one, am a big fan of the 907-D1, although I must be in the minority. I do still have my 905-R and hit it on occasion. I get about 5-10 yrds more with it than the D1, but I hit the D1 much straighter......

These 909s look like a bit of a departure for Titleist in terms of the soleplate (chromed look and the pattern on it). Reminds me of the old Taylor Bubble Burners soleplate. The weight or acoustic plug near the back also is remincent of a TM wood.

Guess we will see what the Titleist pros thinl this weekend?

In the Titleist bag on the ClicGear 2.0:

PILOT: Titleist 910 D2 Axivore Tour Red

3 WOOD: Callaway 3-Deep 13*

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ 22*

IRONS 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32

WEDGES: Vokey TVD 54* SM5 58*K

PUTTER: Rife 2-Bar Blade

BALL: Penta 5

• Administrator
They look like the 907D's with a different sole plate. Same shallow-pear head design.

The 907s don't have a pear-shaped head. That's one of the things they're returning to with one of the models, it would appear.

They're also not bore-thru. I think it's awfully silly to dismiss them at this point as "907Ds with a different sole plate."

Is it true that the 909 D3 is like 420cc's or something like that?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

anyone noticed they look like tm burner ?

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

• Administrator
Is it true that the 909 D3 is like 420cc's or something like that?

That's the rumor I've heard. Beyond that, I can't say.

anyone noticed they look like tm burner ?

I think they look a bit more like some Cobra drivers than anything else.

They have a weight plug in the back like the Tour Burner and Burner, but Titleist drivers have had a weight/sound plug in the bottom for quite a few years now. It's just moved back. The swooping lines look a teeny bit like the Burner, but the shape of the heads isn't close to being the same at all, and the graphics really aren't that close, either. There's only so much you can do on the bottom of a driver, you know.

That's the rumor I've heard. Beyond that, I can't say.

I thought

exactly the same thing; that is, that the drivers bear a family resemblance to the Cobra drivers. Of course that might be natural, as Cobra is owned by Acushnet, as is Titleist. I like the look of them both. Of course, they look like contemporary drivers. I'll bet they perform well, too.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I'm intrigued by the D3. I like the smaller, pear shaped head (I would be using an r7 425 now if not for the closed face). Also, I like to tinker with my clubs and replace shafts, etc. myself - much easier with a non bore-thru head.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

yeah i agree with with many of you. it does seem to look like a burner driver. seems to be a completely different look to what titleist usually come out with. who else is using it on tour?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 3731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!