IGNORED

Titleist 909

Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lol the debate continues. Has any other pro decided to use it? I wonder if titleist is on a winner here

Zach Johnson, Ryuji Imada, Davis Love III, Arron Oberholser, Troy Matteson, Dudley Hart, Tom Pernice, Jr., Brett Quigley, Bill Haas, Nicholas Thompson, and Webb Simpson.

I found that on some site. I assume more are playing it.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach Johnson, Ryuji Imada, Davis Love III, Arron Oberholser, Troy Matteson, Dudley Hart, Tom Pernice, Jr., Brett Quigley, Bill Haas, Nicholas Thompson, and Webb Simpson.

whats the big difference between the 909 and the slightly older D2.

• Administrator
Lol the debate continues. Has any other pro decided to use it? I wonder if titleist is on a winner here

The guy that just won the PGA Tour event used one... as was stated a few posts up.

whats the big difference between the 909 and the slightly older D2.

You'll have to wait until August 11 to find out. We'll be publishing an article then on the 909 fairway woods, hybrids, and drivers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey Iacas, is the 909 DComp Titleist's version of a TP model?

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

• Administrator
Hey Iacas, is the 909 DComp Titleist's version of a TP model?

No. It's their version of a composite driver - a first for them.

Still sounds great when you hit it, too. Not like the FT Callaways. Almost all Titleist equipment is "TP". They don't hook their faces or weight them with draw bias. Closest they come to that is a teeny bit more offset.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks, As you can probably tell I'm pretty interested in one of these. I'm very curious to see if I can knock my spin rate down. I have a 907D2 right now and hit it very well but the spin rate is still too high. I switched from a 10.5 to an 8.5 and gained another 15 yds, but there's always room for improvement :)

Any word on what shafts will be offered as stock offerings for the 909s? The first spy pics looked like the V2 would still be there. Although I noticed Chez was playing some sort of a tour-proto UST shaft on Sunday. Maybe UST's doing some tweaking as well.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

I am really interested in seeing one of these. I am not sure that I am happy with me 905T and this might be what I am looking for. I sure that it will be out of my price range, but who knows.

I am glad to see that Titleist keeps coming out with new stuff.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

The good news is that Titleist is coming out with a fitting cart for the new drivers and will have interchangeable heads and shafts. I don't know how many different shafts the card will have, but this is very good news.

S-
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

• Administrator
The good news is that Titleist is coming out with a fitting cart for the new drivers and will have interchangeable heads and shafts. I don't know how many different shafts the card will have, but this is very good news.

7 driver heads and 16 shafts.

thanks iacas

will they be releasing a new fairway model as well?

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• Administrator
will they be releasing a new fairway model as well?

Yes, the 909F2 and 909F3. And hybrids, the 909H. And wedges. They're the 909W*. And putters, Scotty Cameron 909P*.

Joking on the 909W and 909P.

you had me there erik i was like then i clicked and i was like wtf wow im stupid...... any pics on the 909h?

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

you had me there erik i was like

yeah... they're in this thread somewhere... erik posted them

I'm going to sell everything I can to pick up a 909 driver, 3 wood and 2 hyrbids

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I WANT IT !
Hopefully, it'll come out with the Aldila Voodoo as a stock shaft...

In the voyage :

905R 9.5° NV75 s
SS-03 14° VS proto 80 s
Idea Pro 18° VS proto 80 s690 mb DG S300Vokey 200 54.10Vokey Spin Milled 60.04Studio Select Newport 2 34' One Platinum

• Administrator
I WANT IT !

It will, yes.

Great news
Thanks Erik

In the voyage :

905R 9.5° NV75 s
SS-03 14° VS proto 80 s
Idea Pro 18° VS proto 80 s690 mb DG S300Vokey 200 54.10Vokey Spin Milled 60.04Studio Select Newport 2 34' One Platinum

The 909 has now won on back to back weeks on Tour. Granted it was in an alternate event, but Parker McLachlin won in Reno with it. I love the looks of it. I am looking forward to the article and it's debut.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!