IGNORED

Favorite type of shot!

Megaman8
Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite type of shot?

• Driving
    • Long Irons
    • Short Irons
    • Pitching
    • Chipping
    • Putting

What is your favorite type of shot to shoot? the one your most comfortable/confident with?

Driver- launcher 460 9.5
Irons- 7a knock offs
putter- Scotty cameron futura
ball- Prov 1x

My favourite shot is always when I get to hit my driver. I do really enjoy my driver and I often do okay with it, at least good enough to keep me coming back.

My most consistent shot though is full swing with the short irons, especially the 9 and the pitching wedge. They almost never go wrong and I've been getting pretty actuate with them. I would say that is the shot I'm most comfortable with, so that is what I voted for.

Im pretty confident with a pitching wedge or a gap wedge, there is no better feeling than sticking it within a few feet from 100m away... now if only i could putt :(

On everything but the first hole of a tournament, I love hitting driver.
I hit the worst shots off of the first tee.
It's embarrassing.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I have to say chipping has to be a favourite of mine. Theres something about it that just makes it a great part of golf

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Oh yeah, the first tee during competition, I hate those too.

my favorite shots are long iron approaches for sure. There's nothing like piercing a three iron or four iron and sticking it within ten feet. Granted, those great shots are few and far between, but thats why I like them the most.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I'm in the same boat, hate the 1st tee......

I've topped shots off of the first tee.

It's horrible. I'll still shoot mid 70's. Only if I didn't do that, ****ing first tee. Anyway, I also have started to love putting. Last month, I went from 38-40 putts to around 30.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

the one that goes in that hole...
Whats in my bag:
Driver: R7 Superquad 10.5 Stiff Stock
Wood: R7 3 wood Stiff Stock, r7 5 wood Stiff Stock
Irons: Command BK 3-PW Stiff TT Black Gold Shafts
Wedges: 52, 56, 60Putter: Dual Force Rossie II or White Hot XG #9 (Haven't had a chance to use both yet.)

Easily putting. I love the green. I rarely 3 putt (maybe once a round) and a VAST majority of my strokes are from tee to green. I hate my driver and SW. I am seriously thinking of having an exorcism done on both.

Andrew

I voted pitch shots, many different shots....., High, low, bump and run, hop and stop, etc... I feel I can never practice them enough, plus it's fun practice.

Detest....Long irons, except maybe a 4 iron off the tee.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I voted short irons, but i specifically love those low punch-type chip shots, and then if you do it right they check up. I love pitching the ball nice and low.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I voted Driving. Until lately, I have been extremely consistent with my Driver. I used to average about 280 off the tee, but took a bit of a break from the game for school reasons, now I average about 260, but I still believe I can be as accurate with my driver as anyone's three wood.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

Ever since I got the new driver, it's consistently down the middle and long....love it.

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

I selected "Driving" and "Long irons" because my favorite shot (read: one I screw up the least on) is a 2 iron off the tee, especially on a tight driving hole when a longer club could go God knows where into some serious trouble.

The driver itself, while there's nothing quite like hitting a ball 300+ down the middle with a little draw, there's also nothing quite like ruining your entire day, score-wise, before you even get a ball in play.

And I don't trust the 2 iron off the grass. Just off the tee for me.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I voted pitch shots, many different shots....., High, low, bump and run, hop and stop, etc... I feel I can never practice them enough, plus it's fun practice.

I'm with you. In those dreary winters around here, I almost never have the urge to swing a driver. I do get antsy about playing while watching the pros around the green on TV.

Sometimes I finish hitting balls, go to the short game area and stay there for two hours. I just love to put the ball in difficult lies / positions and practice hards shots. I also have a couple "bread and butter" shots I think I need to practice at least once a week. If they outlaw sand wedges, I'm quitting.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Note: This thread is 5774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!