IGNORED

What new driver to get?

Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thinking of getting a new driver and here are my three choices so far:
  • Callaway Hyper X
  • Cobra 4lv
  • Taylormade Burner Ti
I have a Hibore right now and do not like the feel so I am looking to upgrade.I am a natural fade hitter so I'm looking for something that has a slightly closed face.

In the Sasquatch Tour Standbag
Driver: Hibore (10.5deg, Reg)
3 wood:Burner(22 deg, Reg)
4I-GW:FP Irons(Stiff)
Wedge:Satin Black( 60 deg, Stiff)Putter: 2 Ball BladeBall:HX Hot or ProV1xLowest score to date: 77 @ Pembroke Country Club

If you've narrowed it down to 3 just try them all out
If I had to suggest one I would say go with the Cobra
most forgiving woods ever in my experience.
Tried the Burner, didn't like it
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Must agree with my fellow Floridian. I was recently in the same situation and ended up with a Cobra. I have never looked back. It is by far the most forgiving Driver I have ever played.

the Burner has a closed face - good for a fader.

Might want to check out the Tour Burner, Harrington is using one (and not getting paid to)

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I hit my friend's burner yesterday...looks, sounds, and perfoms awesome.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Ping G10 = Amazing. I added 10 yards and only miss 1-2 fairways per 18 hole rounds.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

You can never go wrong with a taylor made driver,

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Ping G10 = Amazing. I added 10 yards and only miss 1-2 fairways per 18 hole rounds.

same story for me,and they make a dray version that will help fix your slice and it offers the forgiveness it sounds like you want

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

I've been scouting the driver market for a few weeks now, and tested a few drivers at golftown. The G10 was impressive with a great feel, but not completely in my budget range, however i found great deals on R7 460cc 9.5* stiff shafts and i have tried those out and had perfect results compared to the other ones ive tried.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

G10 for me....when the budget allows it.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I've narrowed my search down to the G10 and the Burner Ti (liked it more than the Tour Burner). There's something about the Burner that feels a little more lively, but I'm more consistent with the G10.

I'm stuck trying to decide between feel and results. I'm probably going to end up going with results and getting the G10 in a couple of weeks.
What's in the bag:

G10 9 degree, TFC 129 shaft, stiff
Big Bertha 3 Wood
FTX 2i, Apex Plus 3i-E MP-R 52/07 and 56/13 Zing

Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!