IGNORED

Give me ball suggestions - PLease

Note: This thread is 5780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all, I am looking to change my golf ball, just because I want to start to advance in this sport, and I need a ball to move up with me, with a teenagers budget of course($25 or less).

I am looking for a ball that will have a nice soft feel, and great greenside playability, but I can't seem to find one I like. I would like to not lose a lot of distance, but that is alright if I do, I prefer accuracy and playability to distance.

Looking at:
Bridgestone e5+
Srixon AD333
Srixon Trispeed
Titleist NXT Extreme
Any other ball you can think of

Thanks guys

I love the e5/e6 (+)
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

with the e5+, do you get a good amount of spin on the ball? how is the workability around the greens for you?

I would say it has pretty good spin...not near the spin the Pro V1 type balls get...

I would consider it more a "distance" ball - for me atleast....I seem to hit them the farthest.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I picked up a bunch of Titleist Gran Z's at Golf Galaxy. They were $1.50 each and are supposed to be the Japanese version of the Pro V1. They supposedly retail for $80 in Japan.

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s
54* and 60* Spin Milled Wedges Craz-e Putter Bag Cart Neo gps

I think NXT should be in your 'to-consider' list

try them all, and see which one you feel the best :)

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

with the e5+, do you get a good amount of spin on the ball? how is the workability around the greens for you?

IMO the e5+ is by far the best of all the balls you listed around the greens. With its urethane cover, it spins and feels the most like a premium ball in that $25 price range. It is long as well, but it has a very high trajectory (as do the Srixon balls), so if you struggle with ballooning it may not be the ball for you.

Two balls you don't have listed that are worth a look are the Top Flite Gamer and the Callaway HX Hot Bite. They are similar to one another, but the Hot Bite is a bit spinnier, while the Gamer is a bit longer...both have good spin around the greens and a nice, soft feel. The Hot Bite is ~$30 and the Gamer is ~$20. I prefer both of these to the e5+ due to the high trajectory I mentioned above.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Hi all, I am looking to change my golf ball, just because I want to start to advance in this sport, and I need a ball to move up with me, with a teenagers budget of course($25 or less).

I would suggest the e5+! for the money, its the best performance ball!
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

What is the difference between the e6+ and the e5+based on feel, distance, and trajectory?
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

I dont know if you have a sports authority or sport mart, but i found some TaylorMade TP-Blacks for 25 a dozen and those are great golf balls.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

What is the difference between the e6+ and the e5+based on feel, distance, and trajectory?

E5 + = Spin Control Emphasis (Pro V1 like), great distance.

e6 += Great Control, higher trajectory > amazing distance (Pro V1x like) hope this helps.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I'm a fan of the bridgestone balls but I've recently changed to the new topflight gamers. $20 per dozen new, and I didn't lose any distance and gained more spin control around ther greens. How I chose my new ball selection was research and I bought 1 sleeve of each brand I wanted to try out and pick the ball that was right for me.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll find one you like.

My suggestion, based upon your handicap and budget, would be to buy some pro-line (ProV, etc) balls in bulk from ebay. Like anything else on ebay, do your research on the seller, but you can get some good deals on balls in bulk in mint condition for a fraction of the cost of new.

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

thanks all for your suggestions.

I think that I am going to be buying a ton of sleeves over the internet, and try them out over the next few days. Ill also post some reviews of the balls over the next week or so. The balls i will try out are:

e5+
Taylormade TP-Red (2007 Edition)
Srixon Trispeed
Top Flite Gamer
Callaway Hot Bite

Thanks again for your help.

I would recommend the Wison Staff Zip . Very long, great greenside control, and putts like a dream. The sell anywhere between $20~25 a dozen. My local Walmart sells them for 18.88 a dozen.
In My MPB Bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 9.5* Fujikara Fit-On Gold
Hybrids: FYbrid 5W
Hybrids: FYbrid FY, 3H
Irons: G10 4-9 & PW AWT Shafts with Cushion InsertWedges: Tour W 56* and 60* AWT ShaftsPutter: White Hot 2 Ball Blade with Winn Excel Jumbo AVS Grip Ball: Px3, Tx4, or Zip

Note: This thread is 5780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!