IGNORED

Course Attire

Doctorfro
Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know if I'm just getting old or what but I've got a new pet peeve. I'm really sick of seeing guys wearing an untucked sport shirt with cargo shorts on the course. To me it looks extremely sloppy. Courses have done a pretty good job of banning jeans and t-shirts but this nuveau, sloppy look that I see quite frequently is frankly no better. I don't know why this bothers me because I'm generally a very laid back person but it just doesn't look good to me. I know I'm going to get railed for this but I just needed to vent. Sorry.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, good to vent....however, I wear cargo shorts, and if wearing shorts will rarely tuck my shirt in. I don't see anything wrong with the look. The shorts I wear are nike or underarmour, and are nice, and the golf shirts are all nice brands, Nike, Adidas, Ashworth etc... so as long as the clothes I am wearing are nice and not rags, I don't see a problem with it. You may just be getting over the hill

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

If im not wearing my cut off football jersey wit short shorts, I will wear a golf shirt and not tuck it into my shorts. In fact cargo shorts happen to frequent my arsenal. I can understand the jeans thing, but im usually too busy with my game to worry about what other people are wearing. In fact I think my buddies might get mad at me if I commented on what other guys were wearing.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Yes, good to vent....however, I wear cargo shorts, and if wearing shorts will rarely tuck my shirt in. I don't see anything wrong with the look. The shorts I wear are nike or underarmour, and are nice, and the golf shirts are all nice brands, Nike, Adidas, Ashworth etc... so as long as the clothes I am wearing are nice and not rags, I don't see a problem with it. You may just be getting over the hill

And that may be it...many of the guys who I see are wearing very worn looking cargos so it does look raggedy.

Ya it does look kinda funny, but I wouldn't worry about them that much, just be thankful your not the one wearing that

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Usually I'll wear a nike golf shirt with a good, clean pair of khakis. I never, and I repeat, never, will tuck my shirt in.

Oh, tucking your shirt isn't bad. Just puff out the sides a little bit. It looks sharp too.

Course Code to tuck the shirt in at my course.
i like the white pants look with a nice nike shirt.
hats a must with some sunglasses.

but there is a difference between cargo shorts and khaki shorts. khaki is definetly a cleaner look

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

Its just that I played sports for my school all year, and we had to tuck our shirts in and the whole nine yards. Now I finally have a chance to not tuck my shirt in haha.

Haha, I don't blame you. From personal experience, however, tucking my shirt in does not bother me. I hardly notice it.

I started tucking my shirt in, but usually if It comes out I don't fix it and tuck it back in. Tying my shoes every hole is enough for me to bother with.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I always tuck my shirt in; I think it looks nicer, and it doesn't get in my way. I don't care, however, if someone leaves it out.

As for shorts, I usually wear khakis, although I have a nice pair of cargoes that I slip on once in a while. (Although, maybe not anymore: I was at the Hartford Golf Club (elitist idiots) with a friend, and they wouldn't let me play in those cargo shorts. )

Honestly, I don't really care what someone ears as long as he looks neat and presentable.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

I wear nice khaki shorts not cargo and always tuck my shirt in on the course. I think part of the game is the aspect of how you look. I don't know but when I think of a golfer I always think the golf shirt tucked into the khaki pants

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

I wear cargo shorts and a nice nike, or topflite golf shirts. Nike hat and sunglasses with nike golf shoes. And I sometimes tuck and sometimes untuck. Dont think jeans look good out there but whatever.

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

If the biggest worry I had on the golf course was some guy on the next tee with an untucked shirt..... I'd load up the Winnebago and head for The Open.

Andrew

If shirts are short enough, they look fine untucked but don't go out there wearing an xl shirt untucked if you wear a medium.
Cargo shorts just look stupid, period.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!