IGNORED

Titleist

Note: This thread is 3801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dont think it is an ego thing either. I think it is about a company that builds solid equipment. The ego is not what makes juniors play them. Its marketing. And good marketing at that. Their commercials about "what do you have on your titleist" are fabulous at drawing people in. Great ad campaign.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree w/ the last 2 post it might be the best for me and it shows and i understand that other people will think other brands r better i understand but what im saying there is always bench mark and that is titleist for the most part. i know they r not the best in each catagory but they are one top of many and very close to others. but just the over all equipment and stats that refelx that. yes each peson will say this is the beat driver or so on but what im saying is they r the best all around brand that is more complete in each face of eqipment making them above the others. yes golf is all about feel different people will feel different things with different clubs but from the stats and golfers titleist is tops in golf. just bc i play titleist doesnt mean i dont like or feel other brands r good or better. i do not like my 3wood i perfer tm in that catagory. and with irons it between tit and mizzy i just pick tit bc how the line up and look sq but i like the feel oof mizzy bit better. So i understand what u guys r saying :)

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

I dont really understand that post at all. Titleist is NOT the benchmark. They are a great golf company. But you keep saying that they are the best. There is no Best. It is all about personal preference.

I dont really understand that post at all. Titleist is NOT the benchmark. They are a great golf company. But you keep saying that they are the best. There is no Best. It is all about personal preference.

Yeah i don't get what he means there. If you look at golf digests stop picks for 2008 you will see that its a toss up to any company for the "best"

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

i just think they r the most complete company in golf that has a great amount of people playing their equipment in each catagory from driver to putter. Than an other company that all when i say bench mark most companies r trying to follow tit in that regards but there other companies like tm and ping that just do things different and the reason for that is bc they found their mkt. just from what people play in # tit is #1 and i will say Tm is #2.

Titleist 690.mb w/ S300

i just think

You

THINK this huh...Well considering youre the head golf honcho and determine all...Oh wait its your opinion.... Also, if you look at the 2008 golf digest hotlist. Only 2 Titleist things even made gold. Companys like adams and calloway made gold in almost all of them..

Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

So as I get deeper and deeper into this sport I have noticed that when it comes to wedges - most/many are compared to the Vokey (by Titleist) and when it comes to putters they are compared to Cameron (by Titleist).

Don't forget the Pro V1

I like Titleist forged irons a lot, I think the 755's I have are a great balance of forgiveness/feel.

yes i mentioned it was my opinion thats how i see things and also the #'s dont lie on the amount of people that play titleist thats all im saying

Titleist 690.mb w/ S300

yes i mentioned it was my opinion thats how i see things and also the #'s dont lie on the amount of people that play titleist thats all im saying

Well if you count the # of people that DON'T play titleist im sure its quite much more than people who do. And if you're talking about tour players it doesn't even matter. They'll play whatever sponsor gives them the most money.

Well, Titleist has some great equipment of course but I can't go over the fact their drivers, woods, and most irons are absolutely horrible. Even if they were the best brand and everything was "the best", I still don't like the way they look, and that makes a huge difference for me in performance. I usually do much better with equipment I like the way it looks since I feel much more comfortable.

Well, Titleist has some great equipment of course but I can't go over the fact their drivers, woods, and most irons are absolutely horrible. Even if they were the best brand and everything was "the best", I still don't like the way they look, and that makes a huge difference for me in performance. I usually do much better with equipment I like the way it looks since I feel much more comfortable.

Again, that is a preference. I think some of their drivers and irons are fabulous.

Titleist is the best golf brand all around yes other brands might have a some catagories that r better than titleist like Tm has drivers and Tit has golf balls, putters and so. but if u look at all around produce of titleist they are always compiting with the leaders so i say YES they r the best what other brand can say that that has a great range of products the only one that comes close is TM

Titleist 690.mb w/ S300

I found my 735 to be very clicky, but again... personal preference

cant stress what joshtpa is saying... its all personal preference and in the end there is no best, its whats best for you

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Im definetly a Titleist fan. For one, Im a fan of their stuff because for the most part its made in the USA.
Also, Ive always had good experiences with their products. The quality is good, the price is pretty fair and the performance seems to be just as good, if not better than anything else on the market.
Thats not to say that Ping, Callaway, Taylormade, Mizuno, Nike and just about any other golf company doesnt make great products too; but IMO you cant go wrong with anything Titleist.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Thanks for the replys - the ones I could actually read anyway. (I skipped the posts with horrible grammar and spelling, punctuation I can overlook most times but some posts were 100% unreadable)

I might try a Titleist driver next chance I can. They don't seem to have the monster heads like the others and I tend to do better with the smaller head size. Got an old Michael Jordan Wilson driver I can whack the cover off with, but an r7 Draw takes some work.

Andrew

• Administrator
Well, Titleist has some great equipment of course but I can't go over the fact their drivers, woods, and most irons are absolutely horrible.

That's a pretty stupid thing to say. If you don't like them, that's one thing, but "they're horrible" implies that there's something intrinsically wrong with them. There isn't. You just don't like 'em, which is fine.

I might try a Titleist driver next chance I can. They don't seem to have the monster heads like the others and I tend to do better with the smaller head size.

All of the current Titleist drivers are 460cc, the max size. They might appear a bit smaller because they're solid black and do all they can to minimize the appearance of their size.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This was an entertaining thread. I don't think anyone could arguably defend one particular manufacturer as "the best". Golf is ultimately a game of personal feel, and the variety of equipment is great for us as consumers (though I think prices on golf equipment are ridiculously elitist). How about some other classic companies? Wilson? MacGregor? Man they made some top notch pro equipment in the past, and now they are coming back with some slick stuff.

Bottom line... stop worrying about the brand, and play what feels best to you. Heck, I use a four dollar putter I found at Target. Don't know why, but it just feels right to me.

Oh... and I swing a 983E driver. Great driver for my swing (produces great launch conditions and has lots of control), but for your swing.. who knows!

Take a trip to Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy, grab a bunch of used clubs and hit them on the simulator. I bet you will find clubs from almost every manufacturer that you like and dislike.
Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

Note: This thread is 3801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!