IGNORED

Hybrids Vs Long Irons

Note: This thread is 5744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Hybrid Vs Long irons

• Long Irons
    • Hybrids
    • Both

• Administrator
If you're anything like me you'll get a 2iron hybrid and love it for a while. Then, as the handicap drops, you'll start to feel like it's kind of an obnoxious club because while your 3iron has about a 10 yard window, right to left, within which it reliably flies, the stupid hybrid will get down all over the place (comparatively speaking), to the point that you don't try to get on in two from 235 if the green is tight

My experience couldn't be any more different. I have a 17 degree hybrid, which effectively replaces my 5W or 2I. It's as easily controlled as the 3-iron, and I don't hesitate to hit it to island greens or from up to 240 yards (occasionally further if conditions warrant).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My experience couldn't be any more different. I have a 17 degree hybrid, which effectively replaces my 5W or 2I. It's as easily controlled as the 3-iron, and I don't hesitate to hit it to island greens or from up to 240 yards (occasionally further if conditions warrant).

I'm jealous. Maybe I should get to the golf shop to hit a few of the other options because I'm spraying this thing more than, literally, any other club in my bag. It's driving me nuts.

In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

long irons, no doubt. i can work them better than a hybrid.

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

I've played a few hybrids in my life, and thought they were alright. However, I don't use them as of now, since I'm still making use of the 5 wood. Hybrids are tempting, but I'm just not sure if I should switch my 5W for a hybrid. The longest iron I've got in the bag is a 3 iron, and I'm not planning on switching that with anything. Hybrids just haven't convinced me yet, is it more useful to switch the 5W for a hybrid ...I'm not quite sure as of yet.

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

Note: This thread is 5744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!