IGNORED

Can you golf all year round where you live?

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I live in Wisconsin, so I only have about 5 good months of golf throughout the year. I often wonder how good my game would be if I didn't have the layoff. How do you stay sharp if you can't golf year round where you live?

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s
54* and 60* Spin Milled Wedges Craz-e Putter Bag Cart Neo gps

I live in the Palm Springs area and golf year round. The winters have perfect golf weather but the green fees are expensive. The summers are very inexpensive and you have the course to yourself but temperatures often exceed 110F. I play more often in the summer. We have 130 golf courses to choose from....I love it here.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

I live in Wisconsin, so I only have about 5 good months of golf throughout the year. I often wonder how good my game would be if I didn't have the layoff. How do you stay sharp if you can't golf year round where you live?

Heated or inside tees and vacations south.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

No question about it. Live in Florida for 10 months a year, and CT in the other 2. I dont know if I could hangle not playing all yaer round. I know that if i had to, I would buy one of those VR machines.

GA.

It's about a million degrees in the summer, but that's tolerable when you've dealt with it for twenty years. The winters aren't that cold here. I haven't actually beena golfer during a winter, so I can't tell you. However, I can say that the weather IS good enough to do so.

Living in Dublin Ireland.

No matter what time of the year it is the weather is usually a bit dodgey. We get two or three days of sun then wind and rain for 2 weeks all year round.

At least if you can brave the weather we can pretty much play all year round.

We have some new Golf Simulator bars after opening here which lets you play from a whole host of different courses. Driving putting etc all done on mat

Tallahassee, FL
golf year round here fall and winter is the best here its nice and breezy...... i actually prefer playing in colder weather

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Now I can in the LA beach area. But in eastern Massachusetts, the courses are muddy and waterlogged April-mid May. The "real" golf season there is June-mid October. You can get away playing later than that, but it will get leafy, cold, and kind of grim.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

I'm here in Colorado, and even though you can't technically play "year around", you sort of can. For example last December, I went golfing 5 times. It was fairly warm, no snow on the ground, perfect golfing weather. Sometimes if Colorado decides to dump a ton of snow, there are a couple weeks golfing can't happen, but other than that it's really up in the air daily.

But in the last year I've been able to go golfing at least twice every month

Year round playing for me, there might be a month or two were it is borderline for being too cold(temps in the 30's), and I probably don't get out much during Jan/Feb, but you will get a few random 70 degree days in dec/jan here. Rarely snows, hardly ever sticks

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

SE England, good all year round if a tad wet in the winter ( Sept-may) .I must admit I score better in the winter as the ball sticks on the greens.
Damian ,are those simulators any good ? Had a go on one a few years ago and it was ok untill you started putting when it got a bit messy. Keeps the back muscles working and thats about it as far as I could see

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Yep I can...98 degrees in the summer is brutal though.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Yep I can...98 degrees in the summer is brutal though.

Yep, been stuck in that for the last few weeks here in upstate SC. Summers here are usually on the hot and humid side. Definately playable, but I become somewhat 'lazy' in temps over 90, so I have to get those early starts during the summer.

Winter here is rarely too cold to play. Only a few days maybe in Jan/Feb that are really unplayable. I can always add a few more appropriate clothes and play comfortably and functionally. I can always add more layers, but it's hard to take off enough to stay cool. Well, and still be legal for outside activity anyway.

Regards,
Spyder

In the 07' R7 stand bag R7 425 9.5* Proforce 65 V2 (s) R7 Ti 3 wood ReAx (s) R7 draw rescue 19* ReAx (s) R7 TP irons 4-pw DG-S300 TP black RAC wedges: 52/8, 56/12, 60/6 F2 Hamilton HM4 or Scotty Cameron Red X2 cs Nike One platinum GolfLogix GPS8

in OR, we can play year-round. Will it be soggy, irritating, and sometimes nasty? Yep! I played a round in the winter where it rained about 1.25" during it.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R5, 9.5 degree
Fairway woods: 973F
Irons: RAC, 3-AWWedges: Vokey spin milled, 56 degreePutter: White Hot #7Ball: Pro V1

Ever heard of, "snow golf"? Just because there is winter where you live, thats no reason not to play.
For those of you who think Im trying to be funny, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_golf

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!