IGNORED

Scotty Cameron putters

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i am looking for a scotty cameron putter, but i heard some really bad things about the new ones. i heard that they are overpriced, and the scotty camerons are loosing their value. however,i would like to get an older one, possibly a tour issue one, new or used. I am looking for one that is reasonable priced, but i am having a tough time finding them. Could someone please help me find a putter or disprove the theory of not getting one of the 2008 models?

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

i have a circa 62 model 1 and i love it.... i went from an original ping pal to this and its got great feel..... ya theyre overpriced but im ok with that .......oh and what have you heard bad about 2008 models being bad?

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

I bought my Newport 2 about 2 years ago on ebay for about $150 including shipping. I notice they have gone up in price about $50 or so. I played my best golf with the Newport 2.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

i am looking for a scotty cameron putter, but i heard some really bad things about the new ones. i heard that they are overpriced, and the scotty camerons are loosing their value.

Scotty Cameron is overpriced? Tell us something we don't know.

Do tell us the bad things you heard about 2008 model (Studio Select?), though.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

if you want a tour issued model just search ebay for Cameron Circle T and get ready to pay up the a** for one

I bought my style about three years ago @ the full price and its held up well (I obviously use the cover at all time)

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Could someone please help me find a putter or disprove the theory of not getting one of the 2008 models?

Have you read the review of the Studio Select on the Sand Trap main site? If not, here is the link:

http://thesandtrap.com/equipment/clu...putters_review I think the new putters are terrific, but I prefer the insert on my Studio Style. The only way to know is to try it out. As for Camerons being overpriced, they don't really cost much more than the premium milled models from Odyssey, Ping, Mizuno, etc. and they are much more customizable - especially the new ones with the weight ports in the sole.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I think they are still more expensive than those. But so many love them, its simply about supply and demand. I tried one out in 07 and this year, and still prefer the feel of my white hot...But that is a preference thing.

i heard that these putters are not that good and they are not worth the money, and when u try to resell them, u dont get a lot of money for them, unlike the other scottys.

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

i tried the newport 2 mid slant and ablsolutely love the feel. I may have to pick one up soon. I just bought the odyssey black series i #9 and have been putting super well with it. Its a toss up right now.

i heard that these putters are not that good and they are not worth the money, and when u try to resell them, u dont get a lot of money for them, unlike the other scottys.

Where did you hear that?

that's funny. just look at how much the head covers resell for when they break out something like their major tournament editions. they're close to double off the bat.

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

That is simply because they are currently in production and available in most any golf shop in the country. The Cameron putters you see on Ebay that carry a huge resale amount are discontinued models and one-of-a-kind tour issued putters (the circle t stamp). If you are looking for an investment first and foremost, you need to scan Ebay (and other sources) for a really good price on one of those (good luck) and jump on it.

This site may help you with that. As for performance, the new Studio Select models are very good. As with any putter, it all boils down to what works for you and what type of feel you prefer.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

That is simply because they are currently in production and available in most any golf shop in the country. The Cameron putters you see on Ebay that carry a huge resale amount are discontinued models and one-of-a-kind tour issued putters (the circle t stamp). If you are looking for an investment first and foremost, you need to scan Ebay (and other sources) for a really good price on one of those (good luck) and jump on it.

rudygu is right on.

I really like the Selects over the Studios and Circa 62's, but it is just preference. I actually think it is the best putter Cameron has put out in the last couple of years, IMHO. You can find plenty of Camerons for 300 or less, which in my mind is reasonable for a quality milled putter. Trying to get a Tour Model for less than that is going to be very tough. Also consider that if you are concerned about the resale value, then you are not primarily focused on finding the tool that will best improve your putting/scoring.
In my bag

Driver 905R 9.5 with Aldila
3-wood G10 15 degree
Hybrid G10 18 degreeIrons MP 32Wedges 52 & 56 & 60 degreePutter SC SS Newport 1.5Ball

I was just at the golf store and was trying out the new Scotty Cameron newport 2 putter with the three red dots and the screws on the bottom of the putter. The putter felt great and looked nice. They wanted $299 for it and I am sure you can find it in ebay for $200-$250.

I think my next putter will be the Cameron futura original with the red guide lines. the face has a very soft feel and I like to alignment rails.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I know you're looking at scotty camerons but seriously check out this site before you make a purchase

www.puttertalk.com

check out the community section / manufacturers

- Byron Morgan
- C & L
- Hometown Putters
- Machine Putters

all are customizable and offer a wide array of finishes and neck welds, as well as you're desirable weight

most get priced out between 280-320

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• Administrator

Did you hear this from someone trying to sell you a Ping|Odyssey|Rossa|etc. putter?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm loving my 2008 SS NP - no complaints. It definitely does sound like someone's trying to sell you a Rossa, et al. :)
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!