IGNORED

Is your bag branded with your clubs?

Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should your bag brand match your club brand?

• Yes, your bag should match your irons
    • Yes, your bag should match some club
    • No, it really doesn't matter

It's a simple question: is your bag branded to your clubs?

Once I picked golf up again, I got a Titleist X86 from a buddy of mine who had it as an extra. I have since bought Callaway X-20s, and I'm not sure if I should match my bag to my irons, or if it looks like simple label-whoring.

I'm planning on grabbing a Titleist driver and Vokey wedges, so there will be Titleist clubs in my bag at some point (definitely the wedges, possibly not the driver.) Should I opt to keep the Titleist or should I pick up a Callaway bag?

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

I say it doesn't matter plus that x86 is a great bag. I was the king guy that always had to have matching things but now not too much and ya i know all my golf gear matches. Im thinking to take out my 3wood for a TmR7> save the money for other gear :)

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

Play callaway, cleveland, carlton clubs and use a sun mountain bag.

I think sun mountain makes the best bags. I have three of them.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

Unless you are being paid to do it, the only sensible thing to do is use the bag that you like best (Branded or not)

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Yeah, I think different manufactures are better at certain things than other's. Look at my bag, I'm all over the place. But I do think that Ping makes the greatest bag's on the planet!
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Theres no set rule that your bag and clubs have to match.
Ive got a Titleist bag, a Titleist putter and I use Titleist balls; but my 3-wood, irons and my wedge isnt Titleist (at least not yet).
Im planning on getting a Vokey wedge next year, a Titleist 3-wood the year after that and a set of Titleist irons hopefully the year after that; so hopefully before long all my clubs will match my bag.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I like bags with club logo's personally

I have a nice small sun mountain mini from The Country Club in Brookline, MA

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Speaking of the clubs not matching the bag, if things go well on Ebay over the course of the next 12 hours, I just might be adding a Mizuno 1-iron to my bag.
Everyone says that Mizuno is the best of the best as far as irons go, so I figure if I can get the club for a decent price, why not?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Not anymore.

I liked the Callaway Stand bag over the Ping. And my old Ping bag wasnt cutting it anymore (no dual straps).

I'll be in the market for woods next season so maybe Callaway will be the winner and i will at least match in that fashion.

I have a Ping bag and no Ping clubs.

Ping bags are the best bags I have ever used.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Id say that until a certain golf company wants to sponsor you and pay you to use their products and only their products, you can use whatever combination of bag, clubs, balls and gear that you want.
Ive always been a Titleist guy, but if I felt there was something out there that was better and improved my game, you can bet that Id switch in an instant.

• Administrator
Didn't we just have this discussion?

No. I have an Ogio bag. Last I checked, they didn't make clubs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's a fact, If you have a different bag then clubs you will slice the ball.

That is an incredibly ridiculous, outrageous, and factually unsubstantiated statement. Maybe the dumbest statement I have ever heard on a golf message board. You will not slice the ball just because your bag and clubs don't match. You will hook the ball.

That is an incredibly ridiculous, outrageous, and factually unsubstantiated statement. Maybe the dumbest statement I have ever heard on a golf message board.

That's true!

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Yeah, I think different manufactures are better at certain things than other's. Look at my bag, I'm all over the place. But I do think that Ping makes the greatest bag's on the planet!

Couldn't have said it better myself

909 D2 8.5° Fubuki Tour 73x
975f 14.5° DG R300
909H 19° AXIVCore Tour Red 85x
690.mb 3-pw DG S300
Z TP 52° and 56° Studio Select Newport 2 34"

Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!