IGNORED

Master Cigars Thread

AMGfan
Note: This thread is 2886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fisher,

I really enjoy the Dalmore cigar malt at any time but espicially with a cigar. The foursome I usually play with all take turns supplying the cigars so it is kinda a grab bag on the course. My favorites are the Arturo Fuente short story, Partagas 150, or an Ashton Cabinet #6.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really enjoy the Dalmore cigar malt at any time but espicially with a cigar. The foursome I usually play with all take turns supplying the cigars so it is kinda a grab bag on the course. My favorites are the Arturo Fuente short story, Partagas 150, or an Ashton Cabinet #6.

Wow. Partagas 150. I hear thats a great smoke, although it's a little out of this truck drivers price range. I like the Masterpiece better than the short story just because a little bit of a great tobacco is like teasing me.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Wow. Partagas 150. I hear thats a great smoke, although it's a little out of this truck drivers price range. I like the Masterpiece better than the short story just because a little bit of a great tobacco is like teasing me.

I think they are better than any cuban that I have smoked. I bought a box about ten years ago and have spread them out over time, they are tough to find and have gotten to expensive for me. I am down to two and they are for when my two girls get married.

Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

On the course I usualy will smoke only if we have a mid-morning or early afternoon tee time. I generally smoke 5-6 cigars a week at night after work to relax. Some of my favorites in my humidor are:

Romeo y Juliet - Anniversario
Ashton Cabinet
Avo #2
Artuo Fuente - Gran Reserva

And for my birthday last year I got a box of Zino Platinum's AWESOME smoke but way to expensive to enjoy all the time. But if you get the chance try one.

My father in law gave me a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 6 x 60 this weekend. He swears by the large ring size cigars and I have to agree they burn better.

He also gave my some Victor Sinclair cigars and I had the maduro last night and pitched it after smoking 1/4 of it. I usually give a cigar a chance to mellow but this one was so bad, I couldn't do anymore.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Anybody have any smoke experience with Acid One cigars? I plan to try them this weekend...

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

Anybody have any smoke experience with Acid One cigars? I plan to try them this weekend...

Yes, they are kind of 'floraly' reminds me a lot of Lars (which aren't made anymore). Just a difference flavor. Many love them but they're not my cup of tea.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do not care for the Acid cigars anymore. I used to smoke them when I first started smoking cigars, but since I have started smoking more I do not care for any flavored ciagrs.

Unfortunately, I went to my cigar shop tonight and they didn't have any...store manager said they just didn't sell that well. I did pick up a sample of four full bodied cigars I never tried:

1. Saint Luis Rey Serie G Reserve Especial
2. Lempira Fuerte
3. Fuente Fuente OpusX
4. Rocky Patel The Edge (torpedo)

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

IMHO, the Opus X is a great cigar. Having smoked all the Cubans at one time or the other, the Opus X truly matches up to them. Which Opus X did you get - Robusto, Dbl Corona,....?

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

IMHO, the Opus X is a great cigar. Having smoked all the Cubans at one time or the other, the Opus X truly matches up to them. Which Opus X did you get - Robusto, Dbl Corona,....?

It's the Opus X Fuente Fuente

http://www.cigarfamily.com/cigars/ff_opusx.htm

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)

Haven't tried that - hopefully next time.

I just got back from Aruba where I was re-acquainted with Montecristo #2 and Cohiba Siglo V...

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I have heard that smoking a cigar can influence your play. I enjoy a couple of Churchills while playing but I do get a little buzz off them.

I have had the Opus X and was a little disappointed.

My brother-in-law and father-in-law love the Acid cigars. Persoanlly, I don't like that flowery fruity stuff either. My father-in-law swears by the Sauza tequila infused cigars too. I have had them and they are OK, but I will stick to my Rocky Patels.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I have heard that smoking a cigar can influence your play. I enjoy a couple of Churchills while playing but I do get a little buzz off them.

I used to get that way...Now I make sure I have breakfast in my stomach and I smoke the stick right...not too fast...maybe 1 or 2 puffs a minute.

I used to puff and puff like I was in a race, but you can't enjoy the smoke and the nicotine kick is too much too soon when I used to smoke too fast.

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)

A plea to those of you who simply MUST smoke the smelly things on the course, please think of those you are playing with and stay downwind. Even when I was a smoker I couldn't stand cigars, and now as an ex-smoker they are a particular irritant to me. One of the things I love about being on the course is the clean fresh air, and cigar smoke is not one of nature's perfumes....

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A plea to those of you who simply MUST smoke the smelly things on the course, please think of those you are playing with and stay downwind. Even when I was a smoker I couldn't stand cigars, and now as an ex-smoker they are a particular irritant to me. One of the things I love about being on the course is the clean fresh air, and cigar smoke is not one of nature's perfumes....

I always ask my group (if I don't know them) if it's ok to smoke a cigar...For a group 50yds ahead or behind me, I can't help that. I don't know where else I can smoke a cigar freely. If I sit in my patio, I'm sure if you lived next to me you would have the same issue. If I'm eating at a restaurant and smoking a stick in their patio area, I'm sure if you are waiting near the door waiting for a table, you would have the same issue.

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)

Unfortunately, I went to my cigar shop tonight and they didn't have any...store manager said they just didn't sell that well. I did pick up a sample of four full bodied cigars I never tried:

I like all of the Opus x cigars, they are hard to find out here but they are really good. The Fuente Hemingway series are all good smokes also. Let me know what you think of the Saint Luis Rey, I have never tried one.

Note: This thread is 2886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!