IGNORED

Master Cigars Thread

AMGfan
Note: This thread is 2886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would just tell them you have Cystic Fibrosis.......Unless they are a total prick, they will oblige you, or at least play down wind.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
I thought I would bump this thread to get it going again.

I am a newb when it comes to cigar knowledge but I have had the Rocky Patel, and found it to be a smooth cigar. I have been sticking with the Romeo y Juliete Reserva Real Churchill as the standby. Does anyone have any other suggestions to try in this price point?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

On the course, I don't smoke cigars... I smoke my opposition instead.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

I feel a bit left out. I've never puffed a cigar before. Am I missing something - a lot of guys seem to do it?

Ahh! Peer Pressure! I don't smoke, but my dad used to all the time and I've grown to like the smell somewhat. Therefore, I don't mind the smell unless it's really strong. If it's really strong then it will literally make my eyes tear, which is no fun at all. The thing I can't stand is cigarettes on the golf course. My dad recently quit, so I don't have to deal with it anymore (just text messaging and going on the internet with his stupid iphone, something I also need to deal with while he is driving...), but even if someone just finished teeing off you can smell it. The worst smelling cigarette is by far Parliament, I mean at least Marlboros smell like tobacco! If you smoke Parliaments, PLEASE don't smoke them on the course! A little Off topic, but my dad has a gigantic humidor with at least 250 cigars (mostly cuban) in it. He almost never smoked, and recently has done so less and less. Now he has quit smoking. So now we just have this humidor filled with cigars for decaration. Oh, and I remember as a kid (6ish) he'd take me with him to the cigar store when he'd buy the cubans. I never realized what was going on at the time, but now I think it's awesome that I saw that for some reason. I also remember a time when we were about to go into a hockey game and he decided to smoke in the car. I didn't want to leave alone (I was very young), especially since it was freezing out). So with closed windows, he lights up, and I'm begging him to stop and I'm coughing up a lung, but he tells me to suck it up. So yeah, I have some good experiences and some traumatic experiences with cigars, ha!

On the course, I don't smoke cigars... I smoke my opposition instead.

Easy now, we wouldn't want that to get around...especially if there are monkeys around.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I thought I would bump this thread to get it going again.

You have yourself 2 wonderful cigars there. I would suggest trying the CAO Italia, the Cuesta Rey Pyramid #9 or the Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Maduro. My persoanl preference is to have them AFTER the round though so you can enjoy your golf and then your cigar. Try it with a nice Dalmore Cigar Malt scotch too.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

My wife just got me a humidor and a box of J.L. SALAZAR Y HERMANOS RESERVA ESPECIAL ROBUSTO CIGARS, never had them so I hope they are good.

I also have some Montecristo which appear to be #3 but I dont know for sure. They were given to me out of the box so I dont know. Maybe I can post the label and you vertern smokers could help me identify. I enjoyed these though.

I dont smoke on the course all of the time. It kind of just depends on who I am with and what my mood is.

I like a more medium to medium-full bodied cigar for the golf course. I like the Ashton Cabinet Series and the Arturo Fuente Hemingway. I save fuller bodied cigars, like my favorite Diamond Crown Maximus, for after the round or at home.

Irons: Staff 1987 or 1967 Dyna-Power
Driver: R580
3W: Burner Bubble
5W: Quad Pro
Hybrid: Halo 3iPutter: 1955 M2

I like any cigar made by Arturo Fuente. The Hemingway's are always nice (Black band please), and the "Short Stories" are always nice for a "quick" smoke. I also really like the "Curley Heads", They have the same tobacco inside (albeit pieces parts) and the price is really right at about TWO BUCKS!!!!

My wife got me a 25 ct. humidor for Christmas with a Monte Cristo 2, Ashton, Olivera, and a Rocky Patel.

I played yesterday and had the Ashton. It was pretty good, but I still prefer the Rocky and Romeo y Julieta, which are a few bucks less.

Where do most of you get your cigars from? Retail tobacco stores or the Internet? If you get them from the Internet, can you recommend some reputable sites?
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

Where do most of you get your cigars from? Retail tobacco stores or the Internet? If you get them from the Internet, can you recommend some reputable sites?

I buy mine locally. I don't really buy in bulk since I don't smoke that often (1-2 times a week).

Irons: Staff 1987 or 1967 Dyna-Power
Driver: R580
3W: Burner Bubble
5W: Quad Pro
Hybrid: Halo 3iPutter: 1955 M2

I like any cigar made by Arturo Fuente. The Hemingway's are always nice (Black band please), and the "Short Stories" are always nice for a "quick" smoke. I also really like the "Curley Heads", They have the same tobacco inside (albeit pieces parts) and the price is really right at about TWO BUCKS!!!!

I always buy some curly heads and then bring them to the course so I can offer a decent cigar to whoever ends up in my foursome without giving them a $5-$10 smoke.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

For a limited time only 4 Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Reals shipped to your door for $7.95. Every one of these pups sell for over $5.00 retail. I tried this website and just received four fresh ones. It is legit and a good quality cigar.

http://www.romeoyjulietareservarealoffer.com/

Note: This thread is 2886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!